House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bomberbrown

Cat Swingers Or Claustrophobes Need Not Apply

So tempted to ring up and put in an offer of £30k. Only because that is what it is truly worth.

The scary thing is that it's not a bodged conversion, it was 'designed' and built that way. Somewhere there is someone masquerading as an architect who thinks that's a suitable size and shape for a living room.

It is quite extraordinary!

The non-fitted furniture and chattels look to be worth around 20 quid on ebay. Nothing on the walls.

I can't imagine that someone has traded up to buy it!

Some hapless individual must sit on that couch and, I imagine, cry.

p-o-p

Guest Bart of Darkness

OK, that's the hallway, where's the living room?

(Good job flat screen TV's are so popular these days.)

Thought I could find one in Cambridge to rival... didn't expect first one to show on Rightmove to be worth sharing:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-157...=1&tr_t=buy

Love the placement of the stair case, and the attempt to double count the kitchen dimensions in the blurb...

In about 5 years time, threads like these will be dug out to show the utter madness of what happened to UK PLC's housing market in 2007.

Looking at the dimensions of the rooms it seems that the bedroom is larger than the living room.

I wonder why they don't use the larger room as the living room?

So you can walk around the bed?

That size of living room is not uncommon in newbuilds; I can only imagine that in a few years new builds will consist of a single room with a toilet, partially screened off, and have bars in the window to stop priced out FTB from getting in, that style of room will complement the lifestyle of so many people in the UK.

Guest Shedfish

in it's favour, if you default on the mortgage, when they send the boyz round you can hide using that nifty ninja ceiling trick, without busting your nads

And they want £190,000 of your hard earned cash for it too!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-165...=1&tr_t=buy

Truly sad living 'accommodation units'. I do wonder if when people come to their senses these unviable hutches will be worth so little that the council will buy them en mass for emergency shelter, or maybe universities for free student accommodation.

14812_SMB0795_IMG_03_0000.jpg

And they want £190,000 of your hard earned cash for it too!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-165...=1&tr_t=buy

:lol:

I don't know, it would probably suit an unfussy student, or a circus midget. Shame you'd have to be earning about £55K to be able to afford it.

Weird thought: seeing that TV, that sofa, and that tiny room reminds me of going up into the loft in my mate's house to play on his Sinclair Spectrum, back in about 1985. Imagine the same room with a sloping ceiling and somewhat less polished floors...

Geez guys

on a £ per ft² basis there is lot of "up-side" to that price.

Just ask DRBubb and he will tell you well massive prices in Hong Kong to make your eyeballs pop.

At least the sucker savvy investor who bought that can save money by having the same viewing experience most of us would have on a 37 inch LCD screen with an 18 inch one. Good move....

Reminds me of those Viz top tips: Save money on shoe leather and expensive tvs by simply buying a rabbit hutch so that you are within arms reach of the screen. :lol:

Still, it's handy for the 'vibrant' Railton Road.

:lol: Yes, the Railton/Mayall Road area was particularly vibrant in the heady days of 1981:

riot.jpg

Still, the conditions that prompted the Brixton Riots couldn't arise again, could they? What with booming oil prices, police 'stop and search' powers, high local rates of knife crime and inadequate council housing stock, 1981 was very different to now, wasn't it? :blink:

I dont know what the issue is here- Thats only 1180 per month with a 40 year mortgage- ittl be worth Miilyons then