House Price Crash Forum

Proposed Transatlantic Regulatory Agreement To Help Maintain Global Financial Stability

Ash4781

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...ndarling313.xml

Europe's leading finance ministers, led by Alistair Darling, Chancellor of the Exchequer, are to ask the G7 group of industrialised economies to examine a new, transatlantic regulatory agreement to help maintain global financial stability and avoid a repeat of the current liquidity crisis that has paralysed parts of the world's money markets.

Where would they base the institution, and what would the currency be called ?

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA442

Okay, so my brain doesn't function before three cups of coffee, or 10am (whichever occurs first), but did I just read something to the effect that...

"Allistair Darling, the current Chancellor, and member of the Government in various ways, shapes and forms for quite a few years now, wants a natter with the rest of the G7 about setting up a body to help prevent future governments doing precisely what the government he is still part of has been doing for the last ten years or so, and really wishes it was still doing but can't because the whole thing's collapsing - namely, deliberately engineering a tonking great credit boom."

The cheek of these f***wits almost defies comprehension!

If they get this up and running, I couldn't give a rats where it's situated... just make sure it's called the "North Atlantic Institute for the Prevention of Chancellors Running with Scissors".

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Okay, so my brain doesn't function before three cups of coffee, or 10am (whichever occurs first), but did I just read something to the effect that...

"Allistair Darling, the current Chancellor, and member of the Government in various ways, shapes and forms for quite a few years now, wants a natter with the rest of the G7 about setting up a body to help prevent future governments doing precisely what the government he is still part of has been doing for the last ten years or so, and really wishes it was still doing but can't because the whole thing's collapsing - namely, deliberately engineering a tonking great credit boom."

The cheek of these f***wits almost defies comprehension!

If they get this up and running, I couldn't give a rats where it's situated... just make sure it's called the "North Atlantic Institute for the Prevention of Chancellors Running with Scissors".

Well said!