House Price Crash Forum

Russia Tests The "father Of All Bombs"

AvidFan

HOLA441

Russia tests superstrength bomb, military says

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:00PM EDT

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has tested the world's most powerful vacuum bomb, which unleashes a destructive shockwave with the power of a nuclear blast, the military said on Tuesday, dubbing it the "father of all bombs".

Such devices generally detonate in two stages. First a small blast disperses a main load of explosive material into a cloud, which then either spontaneously ignites in air or is set off by a second charge.

This explosion generates a pressure wave that reaches much further than that from a conventional explosive. The consumption of gases in the blast also generates a partial vacuum that can compound damage and injuries caused by the explosion itself.

"FATHER OF ALL BOMBS"

The Tu-160 supersonic bomber that dropped the bomb, widely known under its NATO nickname of "Blackjack", is the heaviest combat aircraft ever built.

Putin, who has overseen the roll-out of new tactical and anti-aircraft missiles and combat aircraft, has ordered "Blackjacks" and the Tu-95 "Bear" bombers to patrol around the world.

The report said the new bomb was much stronger than the U.S.-built Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb -- MOAB, also known under its name "Mother of All Bombs". "So, Russian designers called the new weapon 'Father of All Bombs'," it said.

Showing the orange-painted U.S. prototype, the report said the Russian bomb was four times more powerful -- 44 metric tons of TNT equivalent -- and the temperature at the epicenter of its blast was two times higher.

Putin striding about half naked, the odd fly-by over the North sea, the row over America's missile bunker, the refusal of planning permission for the odd oil platform and the purchasing of a gold mine here or there...

What could Russia be up to I wonder. Clearly, it's all innocent stuff:

"The defense ministry stresses this military invention does not contradict a single international treaty. Russia is not unleashing a new arms race."

It (the bomb) will allow us to safeguard our state's security and fight international terrorism in any circumstances and in any part of the world," Rukshin said.

Phew, that's okay then. Watch the video here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idU...12?pageNumber=1

Is that a new bomb I see before me, the future of the global housing market or the future of the world's currencies?

HOLA442
HOLA443
Wars, rumours of wars, earthquakes, pestilence, inflation - i.e. "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages." (Revelation 6:6)). The news is beginning to sound like the four horses of the Apocalypse are straining at their leashes.

Got gold? :ph34r:

HOLA444
HOLA445
44 metric tons of TNT sounds very small, I would think it's 44 megatons.

No, I think the article is correct @ 44 metric tons. America's daisy-cutter is around 15,000 pounds (7.5 metric tons). A "megaton" bomb, such as a large nuclear explosion, isn't easy to replicate using something like fuel-air. I'm not saying it isn;t possible, it's just that they don't drop anything that large at the moment...

HOLA446
No, I think the article is correct @ 44 metric tons. America's daisy-cutter is around 15,000 pounds (7.5 metric tons). A "megaton" bomb, such as a large nuclear explosion, isn't easy to replicate using something like fuel-air. I'm not saying it isn;t possible, it's just that they don't drop anything that large at the moment...

The point being that this isn't a nuclear bomb. Russia tested the largest ever explosion, a nuclear one, donkeys years ago.

HOLA447
Guest The_Oldie

Yes, you're right. I skim read it and assumed "the father of all bombs" would be a nuke.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm afraid the russians aren't to be underestimated.

They were streets ahead of the west with thermobaric ordnance.

..their air-to-air missiles can stay in pursuit of their target about 3 times longer than any of ours can.

they are dangerous.Don't underestimate them.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I'm afraid the russians aren't to be underestimated.

They were streets ahead of the west with thermobaric ordnance.

..their air-to-air missiles can stay in pursuit of their target about 3 times longer than any of ours can.

they are dangerous.Don't underestimate them.

The new bomb got about 5 seconds on sky news yesterday and if you blinked you would have mist it.

Fact are our goverments wants us to think that Russia is backwards but they come well ahead of the rest of the world with much of there military technoligy and if they have sold Iran some of their missiles then the USA aircraft carriers are sitting ducks in the water.

it's becoming clear that Russia has tried to be peacefull and is no longer prepaired to stand around waiting for another false flag attack just so Bush can make a grab for the oil.

The NWO is being slowed down by ruissia and for that i'm pleased and the way things are going Russia will be the only place left with a democracy as ours is becoming a total joke.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
this is the video of the Tsar-Bomb explosion

it had to be dropped on parachutes to give the bomber a chance to escape from the blast radius

that bloke is from al mohajaroun or something.

...The face is familiar,I'm sure he was in my chemistry class at college.

HOLA4415
that bloke is from al mohajaroun or something.

...The face is familiar,I'm sure he was in my chemistry class at college.

I think they've had a couple of name changes since then... what's their latest incarnation... the saved sect?

Archived