Us Dollar At All-time Low

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX

US dollar index = 79.452

usdi.JPG

All time low against the Euro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/economy/default.stm

Dollar at record low against euro

Last Updated: Wednesday, 12 September 2007, 08:57 GMT 09:57 UK

The US dollar has fallen to a record low against the euro as investors bet that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates to help the economy.

The US dollar dropped to $1.3880 per euro, passing the previous record of $1.3852 that was set on 24 July.

Dollar, meet Cliff. Cliff, this is dollar. Say hello...

post-2575-1189599471_thumb.jpg

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX

US dollar index = 79.452

usdi.JPG

All time low against the Euro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/economy/default.stm

Dollar at record low against euro

Last Updated: Wednesday, 12 September 2007, 08:57 GMT 09:57 UK

Dollar, meet Cliff. Cliff, this is dollar. Say hello...

Or, Hello Mr. Mercedes this is Mr. Dollar. Mr. Dollar to Mr. Mercedes--I think I'll buy a Lexus LS430 instead.

Or Mr. Airbus to Sheik Schookfook; Hello Sheik Schookfook here is a nice Airbus for 6 million Euros. Mr. Schookfook to Mr. Airbus, thank you but Mr. Boeing has offered be the new 797 for 40% less due to currency factors--but thanks anyway.

Or, Hello Mr. Mercedes this is Mr. Dollar. Mr. Dollar to Mr. Mercedes--I think I'll buy a Lexus LS430 instead.

Or Mr. Airbus to Sheik Schookfook; Hello Sheik Schookfook here is a nice Airbus for 6 million Euros. Mr. Schookfook to Mr. Airbus, thank you but Mr. Boeing has offered be the new 797 for 40% less due to currency factors--but thanks anyway.

Competitive currency devaluation, and the dollar surges ahead...

If Fed drop rates will the pound go to new heights against the dollar ?

I would have said it could get a 10 cent boost. But all bets are off now that F&M is back. This will shut down our agricultural industry, finish exports and shut down tourism. They are not saying if it is contained in Surrey but the Farmers Union rep said something to the effect that it is now a crisis. NFU are not given to exagerration.

Merv going dove today will also add to question marks hanging over the miracle of ever rising HPI.

GBP will follow the dollar down the hyperinflationary path together with all other world currencies in a frantic orgy of bailouts and competitive devaluations. 100% correct, guaranteed.

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/articl...LING-URGENT.XML

Sterling falls vs euro, dlr on UK rate speculation

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:38 PM BST162

LONDON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Sterling fell to a four-month low against the euro and dipped versus the dollar on Wednesday on market speculation that comments by Bank of England Governor Mervyn King suggest UK interest rates may not be raised further.

Traders said the pound's slip was triggered by the dovish interpretation attached to King's comments in some sections of the UK press, something which a U.S. investment bank was also said to highlight in a research note.

The euro rose to 68.40 pence <EURGBP=>, its highest since May 21, according to Reuters data. The pound was down 0.1 percent versus the dollar at $2.0304 <GBP=>, coming off a one-month high of $2.0365 struck earlier in the day.

EDIT: fix link

Foot and Mouth will drop the pound 20% if it breaks out. This is the biggest news of the day not IR. NFU are calling it a crisis which means, IMO, that it has spread.

Foot and Mouth will drop the pound 20% if it breaks out. This is the biggest news of the day not IR. NFU are calling it a crisis which means, IMO, that it has spread.

I hope bird flu doesn't arrive also otherwise vicmac64 is going to be f*cked come his Christmas dinner time. :o

Why would toes and lips disease cause the pound to drop 20%?

Why would toes and lips disease cause the pound to drop 20%?

F&M could wipe our 90% of UK livestock. Just watching the current news--they are starting the cull immediately. Polic ecars all over the place and people scurrying around in a panic! Either a theatrical overplay by Gorodon to gain more votes or there really is an outbreak.

F&M could wipe our 90% of UK livestock. Just watching the current news--they are starting the cull immediately. Polic ecars all over the place and people scurrying around in a panic! Either a theatrical overplay by Gorodon to gain more votes or there really is an outbreak.

I've heard of e-crime but police e-cars is a new one on me. Anyone remember Tron? :lol:

Seriously though, if it wipes out cows no one will care until beef gets more expensive in the shops ... now on the other hand if it wipes out BTL bulls we'll be a better country for it ;)

Wrong sort of weather for F&M to spread. On the other hand, Egham is about as bad a place for it to originate as any! On M25 between M3 and M4... :(

Does it spread better in wet weather then?

Yes; cool, damp, calm and misty weather - like the last time.

Its now like that every morning in Cumbria as Autumn drags on it will be like that more and more, local farmers were badly hit last time I sincerly hope it doesnt get up here

Must be serious if F&M has managed to knock the McCann Media Frenzy from poll position.

Did you see the coverage of their return from Portugal? Not seen anything like that since Princess Di crash.

A dollar down the curency toilet is good news for me, I've started my Xmas shopping for kids toys from US online suppliers. The goods are less than half price, there is no VAT, no customs for small items and the postage isnt too bad.

VMR.

Guest xeouialp

Who's the drama queen?

Silly question : If the GBP, Euro etc all devalue when faced with a falling dollar, won't that negate any devaluation of the $?

i.e. the dollar devaluation might be short-lived.

However, the dwindling dollar will be good news for those groups or companies wanting to buy up large parts of US business and real estate. Like the Japanese did in the 80's, UK companies bought in the 90's etc.

I can't see a protectionist US stand by and watch while the Arabs, Europeans and Russians rush in to buy large chunks of Main Street USA :rolleyes:

Something may have to give ?