House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Too Many Bearish Headlines On Bloomberg.

bloomberg_100907.JPG

I like 1, 2, 3, and 6. 5 is a little ominous...

The DOW futures have been fluctuating all day, does not seem a lot of good news out there, then crucially just before opening the futures have risen significantly, with a similar rally on the FTSE. Either the news is getting so bad the markets anticipate rate cuts imminently or the Futures are being used to help stabalise the markets.

Anyone know the reason for the futures to turn around so dramatically?

The DOW futures have been fluctuating all day, does not seem a lot of good news out there, then crucially just before opening the futures have risen significantly, with a similar rally on the FTSE. Either the news is getting so bad the markets anticipate rate cuts imminently or the Futures are being used to help stabalise the markets.

Anyone know the reason for the futures to turn around so dramatically?

Don't think theres any economic news due out today in the US, so its probably just business as usual. Its going to stay range-bound until there is some big news out imo. 50 points ain't dramatic.

Don't think theres any economic news due out today in the US, so its probably just business as usual. Its going to stay range-bound until there is some big news out imo. 50 points ain't dramatic.

Fair enough 50 points is not that dramatic, although futures rarely go more than 100 points each way. It was more the case it was down 20-30 a few hours ago then just before opening it goes to + 45 which invariably is how the market responds. I am just skeptical having read this.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article1771.html

"If correct, then the PPT is “watching the markets closely”, (Japanese code words for intervention) and Paulson and Bernanke aim to prevent a 10% correction at all costs. There are glaring signals in the marketplace that indicate when the PPT appears to be intervening in stock index futures and these signals were revealed in the August 3rd edition of Global Money Trends, with plenty of cool charts. If you expand your imagination, as Einstein suggests, and accept the notion that the PPT is “managing the markets,” you might become more successful in trading."

Also given a comment on another thread ( I could not verify it) that on Friday there was the largest backlog of unfilled sell orders since 1987 it seemed a likely lower opening today.

Edited by Confounded

Also given a comment on another thread ( I could not verify it) that on Friday there was the largest backlog of unfilled sell orders since 1987 it seemed a likely lower opening today.

And yet the DOW has opened up......go figure.

And yet the DOW has opened up......go figure.

It was led to a higher opening by higher futures. If you read my post (link) this is one of the management tools used for controlling the market. The fact is they can only lead and hope that everyone follows, they clearly do not have the resources to fully control the market. It is now moderately down where I was expecting it to be.