House Price Crash Forum
OnlyMe

Poles Not Cheap Enough For Tescos

Not happy with undercuttung local wages by importing staff from EE states now Tescos is reverting to illegals.

Many of those that lose their jobs in coming downturn are gong to find out that they have been shat on from such a great height that there will be way for them to recover financially when the low paid and temp jobs either don;t exist or at such a low level that covering their commitments is totally untenable.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/mostpopular.var...o_warehouse.php

60 illegal immigrants at Tesco warehouse

By Alex Ellis

Comment | Read Comments (32)

IMMIGRATION officials snared 60 illegal immigrants after swooping on a Tesco warehouse.

It is understood the West Africans used forged documents to get jobs, at the warehouse in Dolphin Way, Purfleet.

Border and Immigration Agency officers, specially trained in forgery detection, swooped on the warehouse and arrested 60 illegal immigrants.

advertisement

A Home Office spokeswoman said: "Our officers are delighted the operation was a success, but we cannot comment on what will happen to the staff arrested.

"We do not suspect Tesco of knowingly employing the illegal immigrants."

Edited by OnlyMe

Not happy with undercuttung local wages by importing staff from EE states now Tescos is reverting to illegals.

Many of those that lose their jobs in coming downturn are gong to find out that they have been shat on from such a great height that there will be way for them to recover financially when the low paid and temp jobs either don;t exist or at such a low level that covering their commitments is totally untenable.

By Alex Ellis

IMMIGRATION officials snared 60 illegal immigrants after swooping on a Tesco warehouse.

It is understood the West Africans used forged documents to get jobs, at the warehouse in Dolphin Way, Purfleet.

Border and Immigration Agency officers, specially trained in forgery detection, swooped on the warehouse and arrested 60 illegal immigrants.

advertisement

A Home Office spokeswoman said: "Our officers are delighted the operation was a success, but we cannot comment on what will happen to the staff arrested.

After a lifetime of hard graft the least we can do is give them a house each and put them on benefits. Oh and Tesco a little slap on the wrist.

so at 10 to a room, Plod just has to go back to where they were staying and get another 600 picked up- thats nearly 2 plane loads

It's not just Tesco's but also the public sector like the NHS that hides it by using agencies to hire ilegal immigrants to clean the hospitals.

We are an island nation and yet have more immigrants than anywere else now try telling me it's not down to our MP's

We are an island nation and yet have more immigrants than anywere else now try telling me it's not down to our MP's

Gotta keep those property values stoked somehow y'know. :lol:

Remember, voters punish governments who don't hand out free money in the form of rising house prices. :o

By Alex Ellis

advertisement

Well, someone knew, these organized gang employments do not happen without help. Its happening all over the country, a friend of mine a recruitment agent said that for years agencies turn blind eyes to documents as they can pay loads less.

Is there a causal link between the rise of cheap agency labour to clean our hospitals & the rise of MSRA I wonder? :unsure:

I'd bet there is a link between dirty hospitals and agency cleaners. They don't take any pride in the job, just turn up, have a quick swoosh with a mop then bugger off.

My old nan cleaned in a hospital just after the war and she talks of a small army of women on their hands and knees scrubbing the floors so clean you could see your face in them. And if they weren't so clean you could see your face the matron would have them back on their hands and knees doing it again.

Nobody takes that kind of pride in a job well done anymore.

Gotta keep those property values stoked somehow y'know. :lol:

Remember, voters punish governments who don't hand out free money in the form of rising house prices. :o

Exactly right. They punished the Tories in 92, who had messed up the economy because they knew it was the quickest way to get back in by making it look like Kinnock had done it (conjecture obviously).

So they punished them by voting them back in, thus consigning them to 11-20 years in the unelectable wilderness.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

My Brother in Law was a Manager at a distribution depot of a very well known supermarket. The depot was sold off to another company and the new company had a supply contract with the supermarket. The new employment contracts offered to the existing staff were way below their present earnings ( no a lot ) forcing them to accept voluntary redundancy, as they walked out the door for the last time guess who walked in at minimum wage.

It is understood the West Africans used forged documents to get jobs, at the warehouse in Dolphin Way, Purfleet

I often saw vehicles stop in the surrounding areas, back doors open and off they would run. One incident I saw was on the North Circular by the A13. A police car coming up with siren blasting caused a luton van to stop and a dozen or so jumped out the back and ran off as the police car flew by on its emergency call. :rolleyes:

I'd bet there is a link between dirty hospitals and agency cleaners. They don't take any pride in the job, just turn up, have a quick swoosh with a mop then bugger off.

My old nan cleaned in a hospital just after the war and she talks of a small army of women on their hands and knees scrubbing the floors so clean you could see your face in them. And if they weren't so clean you could see your face the matron would have them back on their hands and knees doing it again.

Too right, but it would be impossible to take pride in such a job working for an understaffed agency with an aggressive managment, only the illegals and desperates would do it, this is the turd in the ointment re outsoursing, its often based on price of course but the outsourser itself is there to make max profit, and to hell with pride in the job, their employees are just expendable animals to them. Many other modern jobs are of the same quality, was speaking to a an old friend who worked for a computer company ( a big one) who went to college back in the early 90's, HND in electronics, then computer qualifications, industry certification in hardware, MSCE microsoft certification etc etc, was in a well paid job back in mid 90's looking after networks/hardware/ software installs etc around central London, then the company had a brilliant idea about 7 years ago, why not cancel pay rises, so he hasnt had a pay rise in 7 years, then they had the idea of not replacing employees who left, so now this guy is running round like a lunatic trying to do highly technical work but with workload he cant keep up with and now the company has come up with an ingenious idea, they gave these guys white vans a couple of months ago and cancelled any car contracts, everyone was suspicous of course and now they know, between jobs they have to deliver various directories door to door in the city and west end in the areas they work, they based this on the bases of a time and motion survey and determined that a job takes so many minutes, however they didnt count the jobs that take days nor the time it takes to get from one part of London to another. Anyway it seems they are now loosing lots of contracts as they can no longer come up with the goods and the engineers that turn up are so frazzled that they dont give a damn about the customer any more either. No wonder people dont take pride, its impossible.

My Brother in Law was a Manager at a distribution depot of a very well known supermarket. The depot was sold off to another company and the new company had a supply contract with the supermarket. The new employment contracts offered to the existing staff were way below their present earnings ( no a lot ) forcing them to accept voluntary redundancy, as they walked out the door for the last time guess who walked in at minimum wage.

I often saw vehicles stop in the surrounding areas, back doors open and off they would run. One incident I saw was on the North Circular by the A13. A police car coming up with siren blasting caused a luton van to stop and a dozen or so jumped out the back and ran off as the police car flew by on its emergency call. :rolleyes:

When employment transfers to another employer then TUPE applies. Existing contracts of employment must be honored. But current slappy happy managements ignore or are unware. Needless to say businesses are trying to get this revoked (as it damages enterprise of course) but its enshrined in EU law.

As for Tesco's they should be fined so heavily, it really hurts them - in the order of millions, but I forget, they almost run the country now.

Edited by rover2000

Yeah they do, plenty of people still take pride in their work but they want to be paid properly for it. This country is full of companies who want and expect to pay a fiver an hour in return for conscientious, high quality hard work. For some reason they don't get conscientious, high quality hard work and then wonder why it's so hard to get rid of the MRSA problem.

If we went back to the kind of cleaning standards that used to be employed in hospitals (which would require paying a living wage to the people doing the cleaning) then MRSA could be virtually eradicated, as it has been in countries where there are still people with brains.

The problem is made worse where immigrants are doing the work. Many of them couldn't give a sh1t as they are just here for the d0sh.

When employment transfers to another employer then TUPE applies. Existing contracts of employment must be honored. But current slappy happy managements ignore or are unware. Needless to say businesses are trying to get this revoked (as it damages enterprise of course) but its enshrined in EU law.

As for Tesco's they should be fined so heavily, it really hurts them - in the order of millions, but I forget, they almost run the country now.

I've seen senior management deliberately ignore TUPE on many ocassions on the basis that the employees were "too thick" to know their rights.

Strangely this backfired as it seems somebody :D took the time to explain to the employees in no uncertain terms what their rights were!

In some cases TUPE will kill off the prospect of saving a viable business as new companies won't want to touch an existing workforce with good employment contracts and long lengths of service.

And I agree TESCO's should be hit with an eyewatering fine. They can't hide behind an agency or subcontractors.

I've seen senior management deliberately ignore TUPE on many ocassions on the basis that the employees were "too thick" to know their rights.

Strangely this backfired as it seems somebody :D took the time to explain to the employees in no uncertain terms what their rights were!

In some cases TUPE will kill off the prospect of saving a viable business as new companies won't want to touch an existing workforce with good employment contracts and long lengths of service.

And I agree TESCO's should be hit with an eyewatering fine. They can't hide behind an agency or subcontractors.

unfortunately this is what everybody does.

Now they don't even have to outsource to India anymore; they can get all the immigrants to work for next to nothing RIGHT HERE.

Exactly. This happened to me when the company I worked for was taken over. The first I knew when my employment was being transferred was when I received my P45.

It decended into farce, when we were being chased up and hastled to sign new contracts of employment backdated by three months (to before we knew we working for someone else) in a pathetic attempt to avoid an Industrial Tribunal action as there are strict time limits.

This cost that firm very dear, as I knew my rights. I tried to get others to complain and take action, but they were too fearful of their jobs, and worried it might effect their ability to get jobs with other employers in the future.

Exactly. This happened to me when the company I worked for was taken over. The first I knew when my employment was being transferred was when I received my P45.

It decended into farce, when we were being chased up and hastled to sign new contracts of employment backdated by three months (to before we knew we working for someone else) in a pathetic attempt to avoid an Industrial Tribunal action as there are strict time limits.

This cost that firm very dear, as I knew my rights. I tried to get others to complain and take action, but they were too fearful of their jobs, and worried it might effect their ability to get jobs with other employers in the future.

Good for you Rover! If only everyone stood up for themselves like that!

Yeah they do, plenty of people still take pride in their work but they want to be paid properly for it. This country is full of companies who want and expect to pay a fiver an hour in return for conscientious, high quality hard work. For some reason they don't get conscientious, high quality hard work and then wonder why it's so hard to get rid of the MRSA problem.

Ok maybe 'nobody' was a bit of a generalisation, but how much do you think women were been paid to clean in the fifties? Not a lot as Paul Daniels would say. They worked hard because that's what they did. Very little in the way of a welfare state so it was work hard and keep your job or do a rubbish job and go homeless and starve. Your call.

Edited by frozen_out

Why blame Tescos?

Customers like you and I demand low prices and cry 'rip - off Britain' at every opportunity, so I would say blame customers.

Also pension providers demand high returns on capital invested so that YOU AND I again benefit - I take you you would be cross if your pension did'nt deliver good outcomes?

How do you answer this Onlyme?

This is what globalisation is about unfortunately. The government, who is more in the sway of corporate business than theyd ever dare to admit to voters, has no interest in building sustainable communities.

Notional social policies like minimum wage and employment law are swept aside by inflation, corruption and devastating business led social policies.

Dumping mass immigration in the poorest working class communities in the poorest parts of the UK has always been disastarous socially. They knew it in the 50's and they know it now, but they dont care because business wants it. It provides cheap labour and depresses wages for everyone else.

Rupert and Henrietta Scum-FarquarSmythe in Chelsea want cheap transient employees for their business so they get them. They dont care about the social costs for this, dont pay enough taxes to offset them and then complain that British kids from these sink areas theyve created but never see are illeducated badly behaved and lazy. Then they offshore their parents jobs to India.

The Daily Mail and the Murdoch Press fool half the people into thinking that the cause of the problem is the immigrants and the criminals themselves. The Left Wing press tells everyone else its a failure of liberal policy but apart from in editorials never dares to challenge capitalism head on.

The system does not work, not for us anyway. We work for it and to pretend otherwise will just prolong the agony.

This is what globalisation is about unfortunately. The government, who is more in the sway of corporate business than theyd ever dare to admit to voters, has no interest in building sustainable communities.

Notional social policies like minimum wage and employment law are swept aside by inflation, corruption and devastating business led social policies.

Dumping mass immigration in the poorest working class communities in the poorest parts of the UK has always been disastarous socially. They knew it in the 50's and they know it now, but they dont care because business wants it. It provides cheap labour and depresses wages for everyone else.

Rupert and Henrietta Scum-FarquarSmythe in Chelsea want cheap transient employees for their business so they get them. They dont care about the social costs for this, dont pay enough taxes to offset them and then complain that British kids from these sink areas theyve created but never see are illeducated badly behaved and lazy. Then they offshore their parents jobs to India.

The Daily Mail and the Murdoch Press fool half the people into thinking that the cause of the problem is the immigrants and the criminals themselves. The Left Wing press tells everyone else its a failure of liberal policy but apart from in editorials never dares to challenge capitalism head on.

The system does not work, not for us anyway. We work for it and to pretend otherwise will just prolong the agony.

Totally agree, government is in the pocket of the global elites, and the economy is run for their benefit, not ours. Importing cheap immigrant labour serves two purposes, it keeps wages down, and keeps racial tensions on the boil. Nothing like an angry fearful electorate, for progressing the onward march towards a Totalitarian State, run for the benefit of the few.

GOETHE: "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Edited by Catch22

Rupert and Henrietta Scum-FarquarSmythe in Chelsea want cheap transient employees for their business .

Drag out the old chiches eh!

Blame the Henrietta's, blame the city traders, blame the corporates... same ole easy targets eh

How about this for a thought: BLAME YOURSELF - it is you that no doubt demands cheaper car insurance, shops around for cheap DVDs and greedily hoovers up low cost air fares.

Well there is a cost to your petty indulgance

Drag out the old chiches eh!

Blame the Henrietta's, blame the city traders, blame the corporates... same ole easy targets eh

How about this for a thought: BLAME YOURSELF - it is you that no doubt demands cheaper car insurance, shops around for cheap DVDs and greedily hoovers up low cost air fares.

Well there is a cost to your petty indulgance

What is cheap about insurance policies that make 50 times more the insurers than they will ever payout, or DVD's that cost 5 cents to make in a factory in Malaysia and then retail for $20? As far as me personally hoovering up low cost air fares - are you deranged and can I not have some of what you're obviously smoking please?

If there is any logic to your post that you cunningly hid under that layer of stupid please feel free to enlighten me.

IMO the West Africans are the worst and I find that the asains provided they are not having to interface with teh public amongst the most industrious

IMO the West Africans are the worst and I find that the asains provided they are not having to interface with teh public amongst the most industrious

Are you Prince Philip?

This would be true about the West Africans. I believe when it comes to fraud and theft they are top of the world crime leagues.