House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laurejon

Litterbugs To Be Included In Government Dna Database

Police are seeking powers to take DNA samples from suspects on the streets and for non-imprisonable offences such as speeding and dropping litter.

The demand for a huge expansion of powers to take DNA comes as a government watchdog announced the first public inquiry into the national DNA database.

There is growing concern among MPs and civil liberties groups about the number of children under 10 and young black men on the database — the biggest in the world. But a number of police forces in England and Wales are backing proposals that would add millions more samples to it.

What are 10 year olds doing to have their DNA taken?

Are they being little horrors doing grafeti, getting drunk, throwing things in the canal, burning bridges, jum,ping on cars, running riot through private property?

I've just been and took some photos of the graffetti near me - it's appeared sometime yesterday evening. Whilst i was there I had a look down the canal bank and the shopping trolleys, wheelbarrows, wheels etc thrown in the canal.

The waterways reckon they've pulled a shopping trolley and wheelbarrow out recently so I think I've discovered a rare breeding ground for rusty stuff.

Unfortunately for one they've signed their name on a wall.

The community support officer is coming down later to have a look.

And this is a nice sought after area.