House Price Crash Forum
stonethecrows

Advisory: In Light Of Recent Threads..

I am becoming increasingly concerned that while many ideas and theories and so on are being discussed on this forum within the context of housepricecrash it is ever more the case that it appears people (lots of newbies that some of the regs endearingly refer to as sheeple) are coming here to ask for financial and investment advice in light of current economic conditions. Im also increasingly concerned that some people seem to be taking as gospel what they are reading here and acting upon it as though it constitutes fair balanced advice on such matters. On the other hand there seem to be those attempting to assert personal views and analyses as constituting authoritative advice. Lest anyone needs reminding, what is expressed on these forums is in the VAST majority of cases only personal opinion not professional and should NOT be acted upon without seeking proper professional counsel and research on your own behalf. Its becoming quite alarming to watch some people flocking to certain threads as if the posters have all the answers and are some sort of 'path to true enlightment' and lapping up everything contained therein. I really shouldnt have to be spelling this out but I also really think it's getting out of hand tbh.

"I really shouldnt have to be spelling this out but I also really think it's getting out of hand tbh."

Pompous ass - who made you a moderator?

Edited by Captain Coma

I am becoming increasingly concerned that while many ideas and theories and so on are being discussed on this forum within the context of housepricecrash it is ever more the case that it appears people (lots of newbies that some of the regs endearingly refer to as sheeple) are coming here to ask for financial and investment advice in light of current economic conditions. Im also increasingly concerned that some people seem to be taking as gospel what they are reading here and acting upon it as though it constitutes fair balanced advice on such matters. On the other hand there seem to be those attempting to assert personal views and analyses as constituting authoritative advice. Lest anyone needs reminding, what is expressed on these forums is in the VAST majority of cases only personal opinion not professional and should NOT be acted upon without seeking proper professional counsel and research on your own behalf. Its becoming quite alarming to watch some people flocking to certain threads as if the posters have all the answers and are some sort of 'path to true enlightment' and lapping up everything contained therein. I really shouldnt have to be spelling this out but I also really think it's getting out of hand tbh.

I am sure the majority of this forum are intelligent enough to take in what they read as part of their economic research and validate this using professional sources before making any decisions.

I am sure the majority of this forum are intelligent enough to take in what they read as part of their economic research and validate this using professional sources before making any decisions.

Speak for yourself. :P

I should stop taking fanancial advice from faceless people on the internet

Edited by DoctorJ

Ah bless, one cannot help but notice it is the usual collection of idiots that have to 'shoot down' this poster. He is only pointing out something that is true. Just because the OP does not share your angry, warped and frankly misguided views of the world does not mean he is wrong.

Ah bless, one cannot help but notice it is the usual collection of idiots that have to 'shoot down' this poster. He is only pointing out something that is true. Just because the OP does not share your angry, warped and frankly misguided views of the world does not mean he is wrong.

it's not about agreeing or disagreeing with views- its about this goody-2-shoes telling others what to do- he/she isnt a mod and everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Edited by IDN

Its excellent advice, but it is worth using this site to see the other side of the coin, mad or not

The OP is insulting people on a regular basis and is therefore a very bad example for what you're pointing out here. That's of course only my opinion. Please talk to a financial advisor before you take any action.

Listen pal, just because since reading HPC I’ve sold my house, converted all my assets into physical gold and now live in a nuclear bunker with five years supply of baked beans and own a collection of guns does not mean I have an “angry, warped and frankly misguided view of the world”.

Guest KingCharles1st
It's OK everyone. Nanny's come to save us.

I feel that most people who post here are alas, unsaveable.. :lol:

Presumably that's an intended combination of financial and fanatical? ;)

Listen pal, just because since reading HPC I’ve sold my house, converted all my assets into physical gold and now live in a nuclear bunker with five years supply of baked beans and own a collection of guns does not mean I have an “angry, warped and frankly misguided view of the world”.

:lol: Good one!

The content is fair enough. The fact the he felt the need to post it at all on an anonymous internet forum is what provokes the reaction.

Are we really to believe that he has been "worrying" about people taking advice from us and felt so moved he had to post to try and offer those poor souls some semblance of balance and sanity? If this is the case the bloke needs help.

Or was his ego just trying to get some oneupmanship on those he has been arguing with? If this is the case he deserves everything he gets.

Either way, he has been around the forum for a while, knows what goes on here and knows what to expect, so infact is probably just attention seeking, maybe he is cgnao's alter ego?

F

Guest grumpy-old-man
Presumably that's an intended combination of financial and fanatical? ;)

:D

this is going to be a good thread.

Feck. I hope you have a good air conditioner with you down there in that bunker. Phew.

Guest grumpy-old-man
Does this train go to Margate?

not this morning, there are all on strike. :lol:

well, I think it's off now, just like my comedy timing. :rolleyes: