Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Brown's 'honeymoon' Is Over Say Polls

http://www.24dash.com/news/57/27038/index.htm

Brown's 'honeymoon' is over say pollsBack to Central Government

Publisher: Jon "Jonathan" Land
Published: 04/09/2007 - 08:46:42 AM Printable version
Gordon Brown's 'honeymoon' is
over say polls Prime Minister Gordon Brown will face the media today in the wake of a series of polls suggesting his political honeymoon may be drawing to an end.
Three successive opinion polls this week have suggested that Labour is now virtually level-pegging with the Conservatives, after a summer in which the so-called "Brown bounce" put the party as many as nine or 10 points ahead.
The latest survey, for today's Times, found Labour's support down two points on a similar poll five weeks ago on 37%, just one point ahead of the Tories on 36% (up three).

The real significance in this, IMO, is that David Cameron is not exactly an attractive alternative. It means that the electorate are slowly waking up to the fact that the miracle economy wasn't.

I think the initial support for Brown was an illusion. I think it was really an expression of thanks for the departure of the previous oily customer. The true popularity of Brown will be seen in a year or two's time - and I don't think it will be very high. :o

Just show what a load of idiots the British Electorate is, I mean a swing of about 15% when Brown became Prime Minster even though he had been Chancellor for 10 years are people really that myopic?

The polls are made up of 2000ish people. They can't be the same ones each time obviously, so I reckon they are just swinging wildly.

A load of old cobblers either way.

God knows whatt kind of deal Broon made with Rupert Murdoch, but the Times has been absolutely nauseating in its sycophantic support.

Not to be left out, the BBC have almost been in competition with the Murdoch press, from the June "coronation", to the nice little photo oportunities of lame terror attacks and floods.

With that kind of PR, the sheeple were bound to fall in for awhile.

That only leaves the Mail, Express and Telegraph.

The Telegraph hate Cameron, and the Express is a basket case, so Dave has had to compete with HPI ramping and cancer scares at the Mail for any publicity at all.

As a Scot I shouldnt care, but a Tory goverment may help the Labour sheeple up here to love the SNP a liitle bit more.

God knows whatt kind of deal Broon made with Rupert Murdoch, but the Times has been absolutely nauseating in its sycophantic support.

Not to be left out, the BBC have almost been in competition with the Murdoch press, from the June "coronation", to the nice little photo oportunities of lame terror attacks and floods.

With that kind of PR, the sheeple were bound to fall in for awhile.

That only leaves the Mail, Express and Telegraph.

The Telegraph hate Cameron, and the Express is a basket case, so Dave has had to compete with HPI ramping and cancer scares at the Mail for any publicity at all.

As a Scot I shouldnt care, but a Tory goverment may help the Labour sheeple up here to love the SNP a liitle bit more.

Don't forget who holds the power in this country--as far as newspapers and ability to influence the mob goes. The conscience of the average sheeple:

The Sun

Edited by Realistbear

The real significance in this, IMO, is that David Cameron is not exactly an attractive alternative. It means that the electorate are slowly waking up to the fact that the miracle economy wasn't.

What concerns me is that the Tories are very quiet about the economy which suggests they are in favour of "miracle economics."

Indeed this was reinforced yesterday be the shadow chancellor (err.. whatsisname..) saying they would stick

to the Labour Governments spending limits.

Now Gordon originally stuck to the Tories spending plans when he became chancellor, however I feel the Tories plans were more responsible and affordable at the time!

I think the Tories need to start chipping away at the Gordons economic record. There is a lot to go at without mentioning the C world. Its dangerous because Gordon would almost certainly blame the Tories for precipitating a C*

Also I think the Tories need to push Gordon into a later election when the economic news will almost certainly be deteriorating.

http://www.24dash.com/news/57/27038/index.htm

Brown's 'honeymoon' is over say pollsBack to Central Government

Publisher: Jon "Jonathan" Land
Published: 04/09/2007 - 08:46:42 AM Printable version
Gordon Brown's 'honeymoon' is
over say polls Prime Minister Gordon Brown will face the media today in the wake of a series of polls suggesting his political honeymoon may be drawing to an end.
Three successive opinion polls this week have suggested that Labour is now virtually level-pegging with the Conservatives, after a summer in which the so-called "Brown bounce" put the party as many as nine or 10 points ahead.
The latest survey, for today's Times, found Labour's support down two points on a similar poll five weeks ago on 37%, just one point ahead of the Tories on 36% (up three).

Trouble is, an opposition party should be well ahead at this stage of a Government's term particularly in veiw of Labours record so far

Guest Skint Academic

I'm in a bit of a quandry about who to vote for while I am living in England if there is a snap election within a year's time. All I really want to do is vote for SNP but funnily enough they don't have any candidates in England :)

I can't bring myself to vote for Labour, but if they mess up the Britain even more then it could help convince the Scots that being conjoined to England only brings grief. But on the other hand Thatcher did more for the cause of Scottish independence than anyone. But the question I keep asking is whether people would then start to support Labour again as an opposition party? And after what the Lib Dems say about denying people a voice on whether their country should be independent I am too angry to vote for them either. So far I've decided that I will vote for the Green party if I have no other option as at least that way it will count as a potential vote that future parties have to try and attract.

Its dangerous because Gordon would almost certainly blame the Tories for precipitating a C*

Also I think the Tories need to push Gordon into a later election when the economic news will almost certainly be deteriorating.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Whatever happens re an election. I really hope the crash starts on GB's watch. I'd hate him to have even the slightest chance to blame someone else.

exactly. I would vote him only to see the b@stard drown

Whatever happens re an election. I really hope the crash starts on GB's watch. I'd hate him to have even the slightest chance to blame someone else.

The "C*" has started though I don't think we'll see a proper full blown C*.

It will be more a gradual decline or unwinding of the housing market.

Although much maligned, I suspect the credit crunch will be incredibly well managed behind the scenes, by the BoE and other central banks.

The "C*" has started though I don't think we'll see a proper full blown C*.

It will be more a gradual decline or unwinding of the housing market.

Although much maligned, I suspect the credit crunch will be incredibly well managed behind the scenes, by the BoE and other central banks.

It's not a credit crunch anymore. It's a solvency crisis. Basically Assets < Calls on assets.

Not under GB’s watch again. As history tells it takes a good Tory government to preside over a crash. And when they did twice times in the past they still never lost the following election. Corrections accepted if I am wrong

Removing the restriction on advertising gambling equals billions of ££ flowing into the pockets of newspaper and TV moguls. Good government, honest government? I feel sick at the way the corruption is continually dressed up as something beneficial.

Don't forget who holds the power in this country--as far as newspapers and ability to influence the mob goes. The conscience of the average sheeple:

The Sun

Agreed.

Thats all the Murdoch press, Times & Sun, and Sky News all NuLabour.

BBC is NuLabour to its core, as is C4 News, and ITV just follow the pack.

Mirror, Guardian & Independent all NuLabour.

Telegraph hates Cameron.

Express is a joke, Mail is obsessed with HPI/Health/Diana.

The Tories have a real media problem that they have to sort out soon.