House Price Crash Forum

Shoreham-by-sea

tigsrenting

HOLA441
HOLA442
House in Rectory Road sold in April 2007 for £233000.00. Up for sale again at £300000.00. Empty for all of the four months. Not a bad profit margin £67000.00 :blink: for doing nothing except letting the grass grow. Now what poor sucker will come along and buy it.

how much was it on for originally though?

HOLA443
how much was it on for originally though?

When you say originally do you mean earlier this year? If so I dont know. I just think a jump of £67000.00 in four months is !!!!!! crazy. This is Shoreham and even Shoreham doesn't justify a rise of over £15000.00 per month.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA447
HOLA448

Will follow this thread with interest as I was around when Emerald Quay was built and Brighton property money moved into it. :rolleyes:

Was also at the opening day for Ropetackle when there were so many people trying to get into the marketing suite that they closed the doors and would only let four people in at a time.

P.S. Kingston Barn had an auction guide price of £25,000 - £75,000 and went for £306,000. A friend was instructed to bid £220,000 but did not get a chance. :lol:

HOLA449
When you say originally do you mean earlier this year? If so I dont know. I just think a jump of £67000.00 in four months is !!!!!! crazy. This is Shoreham and even Shoreham doesn't justify a rise of over £15000.00 per month.

Even Shoreham? Unless it has moved seriously upmarket I would sell my granny rather than live in Shoreham.

HOLA4410
Will follow this thread with interest as I was around when Emerald Quay was built and Brighton property money moved into it. :rolleyes:

Was also at the opening day for Ropetackle when there were so many people trying to get into the marketing suite that they closed the doors and would only let four people in at a time.

P.S. Kingston Barn had an auction guide price of £25,000 - £75,000 and went for £306,000. A friend was instructed to bid £220,000 but did not get a chance. :lol:

I couldn't believe the price it went for :lol: What on earth are they going to do with it, which brings me to ask what would your friend have done with a grade listed building on a road where there will be no parking and is grid locked twice a day and no garden.

Haven't been inside the Ropetackle developement but I did hear derogatory remarks made by a surveyor. Looked at the other one adjacent to Emerald Quay. I have a feeling that will go in the same direction.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Destruction at Kingston Barn. :o

DISMAY and anger have been voiced following part of an historic Shoreham site being destroyed.

http://www.shorehamherald.co.uk/shoreham-n...Barn.3316566.jp

I'm surprised it's just the flint wall and trees felled, normally they always just accidently knock down half the place, building work gets stopped for a while and then resumes because council cannot afford to do anything. How many times has this sort of thing happened. The number of grade listed buildings in Brighton and Hove and Shoreham destroyed accidently is endless. :(

Update on Rectory Road, now let. The greedy *** couldn't get his mark up £67000. Probably thinks it will turn in six months. I hope it does and it is worth 250k :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4413

Market seems to be dead in Shoreham now, nothing is moving. Seeing some big reductions but they were well overpriced anyway. Agents windows a few months back were saying stuff like SOLD IN 24 HOURS and lots of SOLD stickers on other properties, now everything is available.

I reckon a lot moved from Brighton and Hove but things started to slow down there a few months back and now it has arrived here :rolleyes: Lots of FOR SALE signs around. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I will be watching this with interest :)

Parcelforce site plans approved

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/localnews/d...ns_approved.php

Hi Cview, just what Shoreham needs more flats. I wonder how many of the new build on the other side have sold. There seem to be quite a few to rent. Dont forget Argus Alert. Smiley face. Have lost the emoticons and dont know how to get them back.

• 9 months later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I thought this thread had been consigned to a bin somewhere. It's been interesting to read through it again even if it was mostly me, sorry.

Well a year on, Rectory Road was rented out for six months then back on the market for 285K, no takers so another let. It must be due to go back on the market soon.

Don't know what is happening with Kingston Barn.

Any news on the parcelforce development?

The proposed development on the storage site looks like it is being shelved for a few years at least.

Here is the latest development thrown up this year. I think the artist's impression is rather kinder than the real thing. Banner hanging outside says something like £199,995 a pop.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-222...=2&tr_t=buy

Frizzers I think Shoreham is a nice place to live but like everywhere you have to pick the area well. It still has the feel of a village and a friendly community atmosphere. I prefer Central Shoreham and on the beach side Old Fort Road. The best thing to do is rent in the area and try it out.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Agreed, tigs,

What does a 3 or 4-bed house with a garden cost down there in a nice bit of town?

And do you know what is would have cost a year ago?

Are the gardens tiny same as in Brighton?

Look at this one

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-186..._showcase=false

Needs a bit of work by the looks of it but it is in one of the best roads, Windlesham Gardens. They don't come up very often. The other one similar price didn't sell so has been rented out. This would have been unheard of before. It's a lovely area and only a few minutes from the centre and train station. Commuter land. Been reduces by 20K but I think would have gone for much more at the peak.

Type in BN43 and look at how many are for sale in Old Fort Road. These are the houses on the beach, see how many are for sale. A year ago a few were fetching close to 1 million.

Gardens I think on the whole larger than Brighton. Try google earth.

Look at the one in Buckingham Road nice house but main road. Now at 650K. On the market last time before Christmas at 825K. Realism creeping in.

HOLA4423
And I was hoping that Tigs was going to do an update on Kingston Barn around a year after it was sold at auction.

I actually like Shoreham.

Hello Cview haven't noticed much activity there but will be able to report more Friday. No emoticons maybe I used them all up.

• 4 months later...
HOLA4424
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4425
Kingston Barn had an auction guide price of £25,000 - £75,000 and went for £306,000.

Did a drive by following your post. Looks even more derelict than it did when sold at the height of the boom.

From what I could see the fire damaged part of the roof timbers at the rear and I was going to take a pic, but roofers were removing tiles at the time.