House Price Crash Forum

Did You Just Hear What I Did?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

So let me get this straight - I don't qualify for any kind of benefits, but also I don't earn enough to buy my own place, so I'm stuck renting privately - paying somebody else's mortgage. And now the Tories want to tax me more so they can help other people (who are already lucky enough to live in affordable rented accomodation, which I am also effectively barred access from because I'm a single man with a reasonable salary) buy their own homes?

WTF?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I suspect that this is just another of the mad ideas coming from the various policy thinktanks that have been asked to 'think the unthinkable' and come up with radical ideas that Brown hasn't yet thought of.

I doubt if it will be adopted.

If it is, then I think my vote will have to go to the Raving Monster Loony party, or UKIP (though they are a bit too barmy for me).

HOLA449
Guest vicmac64

Cameron the establishment 'muppet' - why he even looks like one.

Brown - the establishment 'muppet' and hey don't he resemble a right muppet.

Take your choice 'muppet' or 'puppet' don't you love our UK 2 'party' political system.

HOLA4410
Guest vicmac64
I suspect that this is just another of the mad ideas coming from the various policy thinktanks that have been asked to 'think the unthinkable' and come up with radical ideas that Brown hasn't yet thought of.

I doubt if it will be adopted.

If it is, then I think my vote will have to go to the Raving Monster Loony party, or UKIP (though they are a bit too barmy for me).

I see nothing 'barmy about UKIP' - what do you find barmy about them that you don;t find in the other two parties?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

About ten years ago one of my sisters was a single mum living in a coucil flat. They gave her 10K to move out on the promise that she never darkened their door again. It set her on her way, she has a husband, career, family and lives in a three bed detached now.

Personally I think it's outrageous. I'm surprised none of you lot have heard about it before.

Edited by TW11

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

So, if you're a middle-income taxpayer it's quicker just to hand your credit cards and any liquid cash you've got over to a bone-idle council house tenant.

This is great. Next time I fly back into England I'll shred my passport, claim asylum and get myself into some free council digs. This must surely be quicker than saving a deposit.

It's very demoralising for those who want to do things properly. The Tories did this in the 90s and some scum moved in next door to me claiming they'd been given a handout to move. They deserved a good kicking for gloating. I was working all hours running a business and had negative equity but these freeloading scum were given the breaks.

What incentives are there to work? The indolent are rewarded in chaos Britain. People on benefits only work 16 hours just in case their 'entitlement' is cancelled. 'Entitlement' has now replaced the 'entrepreneur'.

Personally I'd like to see an online list of all benefit-entitled persons. This would deter people from claiming. If someone is found out the working public could vote from a list of punishments e.g. watching Coronation street, kneecapping with a sledgehammer, having caged rats attached to their heads Orwellian style or having "I'm a lying piece of sh1t" branded on their heads. Not only would this be tax efficient but it would also be a great source of amusement. The BBC could probably integrate the punishment result with the lottery.

HOLA4417

It's a policy group proposal.

To enable long-term tenants to benefit by having a share in the rising value of their homes :lol:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle2381625.ece

Headline grabber - won't happen imo.

More important was Osborne's article in the Times (monday) where he said:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle2373661.ece

"This summer we have seen again just how interconnected our world economy has become, as mortgage defaults in America have sent shock waves through financial markets in London. It is a reminder of just how important economic stability is. That is why the Conservative priority is to put stability first and keep interest rates low."

So baby George Osborne's priority if he were ever to become Chancellor would be too put stability first and keep interest rates low. Hmmm.....he appears to be saying low interest rates provide stability. Not sure what Mervyn would think about that? I thought the BofE decided interest rates appropriate to controlling the mandated inflation rate, or does nobody give a stuff about inflation any more? Or will Osborne be deciding interest rates? The Eton Tories are really beginning to scare me now that they are talking about actual policies.

HOLA4418
"This summer we have seen again just how interconnected our world economy has become, as mortgage defaults in America have sent shock waves through financial markets in London. It is a reminder of just how important economic stability is. That is why the Conservative priority is to put stability first and keep interest rates low."

yes, he's come out with this on several occassions, as has Spock - they will be doing an interview about something completely unrelated and suddenly drop this in, adding 'so that homeowners can afford their mortgage'

UKIP are the only party that has said house prices are too high to my knowledge

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
...rule by debt slavery......these Tory types ought to be locked up....spent too long on the playing fields of Eton..... :lol::lol::lol::P

Unlike those labour types who were too busy making sure the market never crashed...

Have any of you been to a council estate,

Do you realise that making people own something may actually install some pride in their community..

If the market is actually over valued,

Aren't the Tories actually being quite cleaver so the councils property portfolio's dont lose 40% when a crash comes..

p.s The tenant will also be paying stamp duty.

Edited by 234SALE

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Unlike those labour types who were too busy making sure the market never crashed...

Have any of you been to a council estate,

Do you realise that making people own something may actually install some pride in their community..

If the market is actually over valued,

Aren't the Tories actually being quite cleaver so the councils property portfolio's dont lose 40% when a crash comes..

p.s The tenant will also be paying stamp duty.

....these type of ill-informed policies only inflate inflation.....which undermines the whole of society....people who think up these schemes obviously have never ever had to go out and earn and appreciate it's value.... <_<

HOLA4424
yes, he's come out with this on several occassions, as has Spock - they will be doing an interview about something completely unrelated and suddenly drop this in, adding 'so that homeowners can afford their mortgage'

UKIP are the only party that has said house prices are too high to my knowledge

Sounds like they're doing more borrowing of ideas from the Libs in Australia. Howard and Costello talk about NOTHING except house prices - other than terrorism, of course - no matter what the subject. And interviewer once mentioned Kath and Kim to Costello and he somehow contrived to involve house prices in his answer. Sheesh!

Michael Howard was very fond of borrowing ideas from his more successful Australian namesake.

HOLA4425