House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garry AKA Pod

Post Code Pension F*** Up!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/retirement/ar...6#StartComments

Just read the reader comments. This could throw a major spanner in the works!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Dunno, the pension industry already discriminates on grounds of sex and smoking status (they affect your life expectancy), so why not postcode? :P

(and the insurance industry does all of the above)

Dunno, the pension industry already discriminates on grounds of sex and smoking status (they affect your life expectancy), so why not postcode? :P

(and the insurance industry does all of the above)

The story itself is not what concerns me. It is the reader comments. A lot of them seem to think this is a good reason to move into using property as your pension.

The story itself is not what concerns me. It is the reader comments. A lot of them seem to think this is a good reason to move into using property as your pension.

Yes, and I wonder what those same people would suggest if we were to have a stock market crash?

Ah, I see. The best way for a pensioner to use property to beat this change is to sell up and move to a more favourable postcode!

Guest vicmac64

Well that might prove fun - a Run on Pension Funds as people try to get their money out to invest in property!! Thing is its questionable how much many of these pension funds now have. Remember many have a high exposure to Sub Prime CDOs which basically are regarded as being toxic - many of these CDOs in effect are worthless..... internesting times.

This'll never work, because it's easily circumvented. Just move to a chav-infested hellhole shortly before retirement, then once you've bought your annuity, move back to somewhere civilised. You probably wouldn't even need to sell your house to move: just take a six-month AST on a flat in an inner-city shitehole, declare it to be your primary residence at the moment you take the annuity ... and that's that.