House Price Crash Forum

How Much Would Btls Be Willing To Lose?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link you provided for income only starts at 1993,I think you will find that 1993 was the trough, not the peak!

Which was why I asked you what year you were taking as the peak, and to which you failed (earlier on) to reply.

Where are you getting your average wage figures from? The ONS? Can you provide a link to the source please?

So why do you feel the need to show stats from three years sooner?

They were the closest thing I could find at the time. You appear to have found a closer match, to which I would be grateful if you could provide a weblink.

KOTC you really ARE BBB aren't you?

No way, KOTC is giving ZZG113 a real run for his money.

Even if you were adverse to buying a house now, surely KOTC's advice of getting out and not spending so much time on here *has* to make sense !!

There is *no* smell of smugness or gloating that I can detect from KOTC - I bow to the man.

P.S. I have *no* desire to be a Landlord btw (just not in my makeup).

No. He doesn't have the wit, panache, style, gonads, portfolio or acne of BBB, sadly missed prince of clowns.

yes, BBB was like a circus clown..........as was anyone rising to his bait.....he was like a side show to the proper debate...

...when he slagged me off it was a laugh rather than offensive ......i don't care whether or not he was for real.......

Even if you were adverse to buying a house now, surely KOTC's advice of getting out and not spending so much time on here *has* to make sense !!

There is *no* smell of smugness or gloating that I can detect from KOTC - I bow to the man.

P.S.  I have *no* desire to be a Landlord btw (just not in my makeup).

yes , you're right, SUARA by saying no-one should spend too much time in here.....

People like ZZG would be a lot better off going down the pub or going out with a woman occasionally rather than spending 20 hours a day in here....

Even i overdo it sometimes and I've only made about 5% of the no. posts he has....................

How do you work that one out? Even if KOTC does succeed in proving that average wages have doubled since the last peak (which KOTC takes as 1990) taking the current average wage above (circa £25k) gives us an AVERAGE house price/earnings ratio of 6.45152 (using HBOS average UK house price of £161,288), and in the 7 large UK conurbations (Greater London, Greater Manchester, West Midlands ie Birmingham, West Yorkshire ie Leeds, Clydeside, Merseyside ie Liverpool, South Yorkshire ie Nottingham, and Tyne and Wear ie Newcastle) the house price-to-earnings ratio is probably significantly higher than even that. So, remember what happened last time p/e ratios reached this level............?

Besides, as of 1625hrs 04-02-05 KOTC has yet to provide a link to the data he has posted, so he could be making it up for all I know. His wages data are not yet verified.

How do you work that one out? Even if KOTC does succeed in proving that average wages have doubled since the last peak (which KOTC takes as 1990) taking the current average wage above (circa £25k) gives us an AVERAGE house price/earnings ratio of  6.45152  (using HBOS average UK house price of £161,288), and in the 7 large UK conurbations (Greater London, Greater Manchester, West Midlands ie Birmingham, West Yorkshire ie Leeds, Clydeside, Merseyside ie Liverpool, South Yorkshire ie Nottingham, and Tyne and Wear ie Newcastle) the house price-to-earnings ration is probably significantly higher than even that. So, remember what happened last time p/e ratios reached this level............?

Besides, as of 1625hrs 04-02-05 KOTC has yet to provide a link to the data he has posted, so he could be making it up for all I know. His wages data are not yet verified.

Oh get a life ZZG113 !!

Who cares !

At this rate you're going to reach 7000posts by 03h47m53s this morning......

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

ZZG113 you are gonna go mental m8 at your rate.

What is your daily routine ??

ZZG is a decent chap even if he IS addicted to the internet........

BTW, is there a way of being on the internet even when you're not wired up......eg when on a bus or in a car or on a beach?......you know, using mobile phone technology?.......but to a proper laptop computer rather than a mobile phone?

P.S.  I have *no* desire to be a Landlord btw (just not in my makeup).

I think time spent on here will be historical in its importance to a fundamental era of which we are all about to experience one of the most important financial lessons of modern man.

No runs for money here!!

is there a way of being on the internet even when you're not wired up......eg when on a bus or in a car or on a beach?......you know, using mobile phone technology?.......but to a proper laptop computer rather than a mobile phone?

Michael, if your laptop has a big enough PCMCIA slot I believe you can use one of these

mobile_office_data_card_lge.gif

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset...ice_card/detail

to connect your laptop to the internet while on the move; however it is barely, if at all, faster than dial-up and it is very expensive, last I checked (which was a while ago now).

If you really must have internet on the move I would suggest something like this:

http://www.comp-buyer.co.uk/buyer/reviews/31487/pogo.html

At the moment though, unless anyone else knows any better, there is no really affordable and fast way of connecting to the internet on a normal laptop on the move.

Michael, if your laptop has a big enough PCMCIA slot I believe you can use one of these

mobile_office_data_card_lge.gif

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset...ice_card/detail

to connect your laptop to the internet while on the move; however it is barely, if at all, faster than dial-up and it is very expensive, last I checked (which was a while ago now).

If you really must have internet on the move I would suggest something like this:

http://www.comp-buyer.co.uk/buyer/reviews/31487/pogo.html

At the moment though, unless anyone else knows any better, there is no really affordable and fast way of connecting to the internet on a normal laptop on the move.

I got me one of them orange cards. It's 3G in areas that have coverage so about equivalent to 256k broadband. Whilst I was in cornwall last summer I had 3g coverage and I was impressed. For me it's essential as I have to support various clients wherever I am (self employed with international clients can suck at times as you are on call all the time)

Does have limitations and is expensive to run if you want to do anything more than a few hours a month. Can get it in a pay as you go version now as well.

If you have a real need for it then it's a decent solution. Otherwise its a very expensive toy.

My company has given me one of these, which i use one of these to view HPC on the move (train) over gprs:

405356.jpg

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF...f60-430120.html

Its a gprs phone, has wifi, internet explorer, email client, msn messenger, word, excel etc etc. Its great, however i wouldnt want to pay for the gprs bandwith myself..... You can get all you can eat gprs tarriffs (90 quid a mounth) but normally you expect to pay £1 for 1Mb.

here is a breakdown of oranges gprs tarrifs

http://www.orange.co.uk/talkplans/gprs/costs.html

Its great for text i run hpc in lofi mode, but expect to spend alot more if you use it for normal browsing. I dont have a pc at home, so its my only internet connection i have at home.