House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Credit Action Debt Statistics

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Total UK personal debt at the end of July 2007 stood at £1,355bn. The growth rate increased to 10.1% for the previous 12 months which equates to an increase of £117bn.

Total secured lending on homes at the end of July 2007 stood at £1,140bn. This has increased 11.0% in the last 12 months.

Total consumer credit lending to individuals in July 2007 was £214bn. This has increased 5.3% in the last 12 months.

Total lending in July 2007 grew by £10.3bn. Secured lending grew by £9.2bn in the month. Consumer credit lending grew by £1.1bn.

Debt Facts and Figures - Compiled 1st September 2007

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I missed this bit.

8.2m British adults are in serious debt and 2.1m are struggling with repayments according to the latest quarterly research commissioned by Thomas Charles and conducted by YouGov. They found that 18% adults in Britain have £10k or more of unsecured debt, equivalent to 8.2 million adults. This is a rise of 30% on last year.

Guest vicmac64

Who is responsible - is it not the Govt of the UK - TB and GB???? Where does the ultimate responsibility and accountability lie?

Who is responsible - is it not the Govt of the UK - TB and GB???? Where does the ultimate responsibility and accountability lie?

Everyone - we're all in this mess together.

Problem is, only you and you alone can find your way out of it.

GT.

These figures are very reminiscent of M4 growth. oh yes I see it now :lol:

Assuming you don't mean the extension of the M4 motorway, can you explain what you mean. I've heard M1 and M4 mentioned before on here and as its not a motoring forum I assume they are financial terms which I don't understand.

M4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_money_supply

"M4 is a definition of the money supply denoting Broad Money, a wide definition of the volume of sterling in the economy, encompassing notes and coin as well as money held in bank accounts."

M1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_monetary_aggregate

"money supply ("monetary aggregates", "money stock") is the quantity of currency and money in bank accounts in the hands of the non-bank public available within the economy to purchase goods, services, and securities. The rate of interest is the price of money."

M4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_money_supply

"M4 is a definition of the money supply denoting Broad Money, a wide definition of the volume of sterling in the economy, encompassing notes and coin as well as money held in bank accounts."

M1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_monetary_aggregate

"money supply ("monetary aggregates", "money stock") is the quantity of currency and money in bank accounts in the hands of the non-bank public available within the economy to purchase goods, services, and securities. The rate of interest is the price of money."

Assuming you don't mean the extension of the M4 motorway, can you explain what you mean. I've heard M1 and M4 mentioned before on here and as its not a motoring forum I assume they are financial terms which I don't understand.

In other words, pump money into the system and where does it go. debt......and asset price bubbles

Guest vicmac64
Everyone - we're all in this mess together.

Problem is, only you and you alone can find your way out of it.

GT.

How can you find your way of of somewhere your not in? I am genuinely sorry for those caught in this trap set by our leaders.

It's a kind of magic....

See update at bottom of my signature.

yeah just read it - from your post on another thread. Cheers for the link.

I read about this kind of thing before - essentially you have to have defaulters in a debt money system because there's not enough money to repay the debts at interest. Using only 5 people on an island makes it a lot clearer