House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
panholio

Not Happening Round My Way

I have been an avid lurker on this site for the last 6 months. I bought a house last October for £177,000, nice big 3 bedroomed stone Victorian end terrace, 2 sitting rooms, huge kitchen thought I'd got a good price (the asking price was £189k).

Since that point I've been fairly panicked about the housing market, reading threads on here thinking what have I got myself into, first time buyer, borrowed 3 times mine and my parnter's joint income, 10% deposit. Most people on this site would agree, including me, that I might be seeing trouble ahead.

Well this Friday a house 4 doors down from me went on sale; hmm I think wonder what it has gone on for.

Now this place is smaller than mine as it hasn't got the attic and the cellar converted but does have a brand spanking tastefully done kitchen and a newer bathroom than mine.

Call the estate agent this morning posing as a prospective buyer and it's sold, full asking price of £195,000. That's three days on the market.

Just can't see a crash coming here soon, houses still seem to be selling at high prices and fast.

I have been an avid lurker on this site for the last 6 months. I bought a house last October for £177,000, nice big 3 bedroomed stone Victorian end terrace, 2 sitting rooms, huge kitchen thought I'd got a good price (the asking price was £189k).

Since that point I've been fairly panicked about the housing market, reading threads on here thinking what have I got myself into, first time buyer, borrowed 3 times mine and my parnter's joint income, 10% deposit. Most people on this site would agree, including me, that I might be seeing trouble ahead.

Well this Friday a house 4 doors down from me went on sale; hmm I think wonder what it has gone on for.

Now this place is smaller than mine as it hasn't got the attic and the cellar converted but does have a brand spanking tastefully done kitchen and a newer bathroom than mine.

Call the estate agent this morning posing as a prospective buyer and it's sold, full asking price of £195,000. That's three days on the market.

Just can't see a crash coming here soon, houses still seem to be selling at high prices and fast.

Hi and welcome.

Have you read the House Prices in Your Area forum yet?

Why don't you post on their and tell people where you are?

This is a bit meaningless otherwise.

Sensible borrowing, I wouldnt worry about timing. Yes, the market might crash.....I might not though.

So can you stop worrying now? MEW the 20 grand then stick it back into your mortgage as a flexible lump sum payment so that you can access it if the economy goes horribly wrong and you lose your job. Do not spend it. What do you think your house would be worth with a new kitchen and bathroom? Sounds like you could easily get more than 200 thousand for it now. If you are that anxious about the market maybe you should sell because there are stormy times ahead. I worry a bit and I have paid off 1/3 of my mortgage.