House Price Crash Forum

Cnn Asia: Has The Uk Housing Market Crashed?

Hi folks,

I just wondered if there are any others out here in south east asia who might catch this program tomorrow. All week CNN have been running features on the global debt problems and tomorrow they are doing a (prob short) special on the end of the UK housing boom. Hopefully I'll be around to watch it and let you know the international perspective.

Thought it may interest some of you as recently the international media has begun to pick up on the problems facing the UK's market (until now I got all my news off here and TMF). The other day they were dealing with the consumer debt problem in the UK.

btw, they quoted a figure for the number of people in the UK who are using credit cards every month just to meet their monthly expenditures. Does anyone know what this percentage is roughly? I'm thought they said 20% (but I had just come up from the pool and still had water in the ears!). Surely that can't be right!?!

Cheers

Hi folks,

I just wondered if there are any others out here in south east asia who might catch this program tomorrow.  All week CNN have been running features on the global debt problems and tomorrow they are doing a (prob short) special on the end of the UK housing boom.  Hopefully I'll be around to watch it and let you know the international perspective.

Thought it may interest some of you as recently the international media has begun to pick up on the problems facing the UK's market (until now I got all my news off here and TMF).  The other day they were dealing with the consumer debt problem in the UK.

btw, they quoted a figure for the number of people in the UK who are using credit cards every month just to meet their monthly expenditures.  Does anyone know what this percentage is roughly?  I'm thought they said 20% (but I had just come up from the pool and still had water in the ears!).  Surely that can't be right!?!

Cheers

That 20% figure was stated 6 months ago but has not been mentioned again untill now, are they acting on out of date research - if so, it could now be worse.

Hi folks,

I just wondered if there are any others out here in south east asia who might catch this program tomorrow.  All week CNN have been running features on the global debt problems and tomorrow they are doing a (prob short) special on the end of the UK housing boom.  Hopefully I'll be around to watch it and let you know the international perspective.

Thought it may interest some of you as recently the international media has begun to pick up on the problems facing the UK's market (until now I got all my news off here and TMF).  The other day they were dealing with the consumer debt problem in the UK.

btw, they quoted a figure for the number of people in the UK who are using credit cards every month just to meet their monthly expenditures.  Does anyone know what this percentage is roughly?  I'm thought they said 20% (but I had just come up from the pool and still had water in the ears!).  Surely that can't be right!?!

Cheers

I haven't seen the CNN programme either.

However, I think we are all interested to hear how the UK looks from outside, obviously I am also looking 'from the outside' too.......and it doesn't look too pretty either.

The UK has way too much unsecured debt!

Cheers

I think it will be on sometime between 7:00 and 8:00am Friday morning Malaysian time (GMT+8hours). They have been doing a series all week around this time on the debt problems etc. Just short (ten minutes or so) reports on the morning show with Kristie Lu Stout. I'll try and get up on time tomorrow!

I've really missed most of them so I don't know who the reporter is!