House Price Crash Forum
Impartial

'the Bin Laden Trade'

The Bin Laden Trade is so called because only a significant catastrophe could make it profitable. The trade is hitting financial internet forums on the WWW, basically something/someone/some group is betting heavily the SPX will drop 30 - 50% by the tail end of September. Some say it smells like the enormous amount of put options contacts placed on airlines 2 days before 9/11.

Anyway it was also bought up on GEI, I supply this link because Dr. Bubb explains the gravity of this trade very well.

Keep an eye on it, it may be VERY significant.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=2358

Edited by Impartial

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
The Bin Laden Trade is so called because only a significant catastrophe could make it profitable. The trade is hitting financial internet forums on the WWW, basically something/someone/some group is betting heavily the SPX will drop 30 - 50% by the tail end of September. Some say it smells like the enormous amount of put options contacts placed on airlines 2 days before 9/11.

Anyway it was also bought up on GEI, I supply this link because Dr. Bubb explains the gravity of this trade very well.

Couldn't it also be a tasty honey trap for the unwary?

I wonder if somebody knows the market situation so well (well placed insider?) that he knows that this trade will not succeed unless the market is pushed a little bit towards the abyss.

This well placed rumour and viral spread over the net could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wonder if market is so scared now and so thin on level head thinking that after this scare it will indeed tank 50-60% just because somebody had put so much money on it. This short seems to be the only bold prediction I have heard for the last two weeks.

John, what the hell is happening?! I don't know, sell, sell, sell everything! Why? I don't know, SELL!

Edited by refusnik

I wonder if somebody knows the market situation so well (well placed insider?) that he knows that this trade will not succeed unless the market is pushed a little bit towards the abyss.

This well placed rumour and viral spread over the net could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wonder if market is so scared now and so thin on level head thinking that after this scare it will indeed tank 50-60% just because somebody had put so much money on it. This short seems to be the only bold prediction I have heard for the last two weeks.

Someone has put their money where their mouth is.

President of Exchange: [Randolph Duke has just collapsed with shock] Mortimer, your brother is not well. We better call an ambulance.

Mortimer Duke: Fcuuck him! Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on!

[shouts]

Mortimer Duke: Turn those machines back on!

Edited by Impartial

Someone has put their money where their mouth is.

I agree, I am just saying that in the current climate such a trade in itself CAN precipitate a disaster. It's not a good prediction, it's a procative move.

Reminds me of Soros's pound affair.

Edited by refusnik

you have to remember that whoever has sold those options disagrees with the entity that thinks the market will fall 50%

Yes but the significance is that both parties are taking an extremely large risk. A risk that no self respecting 'normal' trader would be willing to take surely.

you have to remember that whoever has sold those options disagrees with the entity that thinks the market will fall 50%

Well. Whoever is at the negative end of all these CDOs has made the wrong bet as well. DrBubb thinks the guy will lose money. I am not sure. I'm possibly going to short the DOW. :lol:

Edited by Goldfinger

Already conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork.

Consider :

1. There are not many people who have $1.7 billion to spend on a 'extreme odds' bet. It tells us clearly that they know something we do not.

2. Lets assume that that these people KNOW some kind of false flag event is going to occur. How do they know that A. The Stock Markets will even be reopened by the Sep 21st deadline (Remember September 11th closed the markets for 1 week). B. How do they know that the Plunge Protection Team will not step in and print as much cash as necessary to 'inflate' the market and cause it to 'appear' to have not deflated ??! Would you gamble $1.7 Billion that the US Central Bank Controllers are not going to screw you? I would not either..

3. You see right there it tells us the only ones who know how the Central Bank in the US and their silent controllers will behave and react IS THEMSELVES!!!

4. Any normal trader would anticipate this if they had half a clue and knew that a False Flag Terrorist Event is going to occur, they also know that the last parties who tried to do insider trading (Google WTC Hard Drives Convar) did not easily get away with it.

5. Even a Country like China with their massive US Currency holdings ($1.7 Trillion) knows that the US Central Bank could easily deflate and make their money worthless (whereby it would crash their own economy), and then use this printed money to pay the debt back. Reportedly $50 Trillion in US debt is floating around now, really what is $1.7 Trillion added - it just means inflation for a bit, and a even more inflated housing market... Also do conclude if China was to quietly start dumping there currency holdings in exchange for stocks then the stock markets would be quietly going UP (artifically like it always does) while the currency silently and slowly devalues. That is why I would not consider them behind it.

6. No matter what it is that this 'trader' is basing his decision on he HAS TO KNOW THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF THE US IN ORDER TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO PRE-EMPT HIS TRADE AND WIPE HIS POSITION OUT? WHY 30-50% WHY NOT 25% WHY NOT 10%, HOW DOES THE INDIVIDUAL KNOW IT WILL BE SUCH A LARGE % DROP IN THE SPX 700? Even if there is a derivatives time bomb sitting and waiting to go off once again how do they know that the central banks will not step in and simply inflate the markets back into position.

*** TO ME IT IS CLEAR (AND IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA SHOW ME!) - IT IS THE US CENTRAL BANK, AND OR THEIR PRIVATE CONTROLLERS (OR SOMEBODY IN THEIR INNNER CIRCLE) WHO ARE BEHIND THIS . REMEMBER THE US CENTRAL BANK IS PRIVATELY OWNED AND CONTROLLED. ***

If you do not think so you need to go back to the 'Real History Department' and study documentaries such as 'The Money Masters' it can be purchased at : http://www.themoneymasters.com/

This documentary is incredible, it clearly shows many of the wars and spats (even the French Revolution) were quietly controlled (including the Great Depression) simply through the expansion and contraction of credit. Someone is KNOWS what the CENTRAL BANK in the UNITED STATES is about to do, and is going to profit from it. It shows they also know WHY, WHEN, and HOW to make such a bet with such certainty. It leaves no options their either idiots, or they are controllers, and I would peradventure there are not many idiots in charge of $1.7 Billion on a 'Lotto 7 Bin Laden Style Bet'

http://www.conspiracyresearch.org/forums/i...amp;#entry32919

*** TO ME IT IS CLEAR (AND IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA SHOW ME!) - IT IS THE US CENTRAL BANK, AND OR THEIR PRIVATE CONTROLLERS (OR SOMEBODY IN THEIR INNNER CIRCLE) WHO ARE BEHIND THIS . REMEMBER THE US CENTRAL BANK IS PRIVATELY OWNED AND CONTROLLED. ***

It leaves no options their either idiots, or they are controllers, and I would peradventure there are not many idiots in charge of $1.7 Billion on a 'Lotto 7 Bin Laden Style Bet'

Our local Conspiracy Theorist strongly believes the same peeps that control demolitioned WTC will perform a spectacular bridge collapse - in particular the iconic San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. The recent bridge collapse in Minneapolis was a dry run.

This coming Labor Day week-end will see the complete closure of SF Bay Bridge in both directions from Friday to Tuesday, forcing the traffic density on the other local bridges to increase heavily compared to even a normal busy Labor Day week-end.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...0.DTL&tsp=1

Tonight they have closed a bridge in Memphis.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...6879708,00.html

Yes she does wear X-Files t-shirts. :ph34r:

Well feck me,anybody that comes up with a counter argument is a conspiracy theorist,well that must mean that big buissness and govnernments are all totaly honest and there is no malice in the world and to quetion something means your a nutter. hhmmm. <_<

So there shouldn't be people out there looking for aternative answers. then be a sheep bhaa bhaa,and believe everything the Media says.

Here's a conspircy for starters who does this remind you off in America.??????

Goebbels offered, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." And Goering observed, "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

Our local Conspiracy Theorist strongly believes the same peeps that control demolitioned WTC will perform a spectacular bridge collapse - in particular the iconic San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. The recent bridge collapse in Minneapolis was a dry run.

This coming Labor Day week-end will see the complete closure of SF Bay Bridge in both directions from Friday to Tuesday, forcing the traffic density on the other local bridges to increase heavily compared to even a normal busy Labor Day week-end.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...0.DTL&tsp=1

Tonight they have closed a bridge in Memphis.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...6879708,00.html

Yes she does wear X-Files t-shirts. :ph34r:

<tinfoil hat mode>

Seems plausible. After all, the Minneapolis bridge was 'undergoing repairs' when it suddenly collapsed, and prior to 9/11 there was unusual maintenance activity on the twin towers so why not the Golden Gate Bridge ?

Would be a great opportunity for Dick Cheney's boys to plant a nuke and blast the city to pieces after the weekend. They could then institute martial law, pile into Iran (who will undoubtedly be blamed) and there would be almost certainly be a stock market crash in time for the mystery option buyer to collect their 2bln dollars.

Anyone know whether there has been any unusual insurance activity of late in the San Francisco area ?

</tinfoil hat mode>

Yes but the significance is that both parties are taking an extremely large risk. A risk that no self respecting 'normal' trader would be willing to take surely.

but isn't this how we got into this situation in the first place? :huh:

but isn't this how we got into this situation in the first place? :huh:

This is an OVERT operation for all to see analyse and understand, the mess we are in was cloak/dagger/underhand and corrupt.

Also . . the reason I claimed conspiracy theorists is because that is the name of the site the link came from, even though the man does make some very valid points.

You may be interested in the original source of converastion from the good old USA where traders there were open mouthed in disbelief. Makes interesting reading.

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=4669

I do not believe it.

Since 9/11 terrorism has been at the top of the economists most feared list. This has changed. Now polled economists fear a credit crunch the most.

This trade may be attracting a lot of money but not for the fear of terrorism; IT IS FEAR OF A GLOBAL MELTDOWN THAT INSPIRES SUCH A TRADE AT THIS TIME.

I haven't looked at prices but this type of trade is usually very cheap (at first); it's a bit like betting that Dunfermline will win the EUFA cup: Extremely unlikely and therefore cheap/ a long shot/ offering huge gains for a small bet.

It's a decent longshot although the end of September seems a bit optimistic (if you're after such an event). But the markets are as jittery a I have ever seen, so why not?

But it's nothing to do with Bin Laden; that's a crock.