House Price Crash Forum

Clarkson Says

what

HOLA441
Guest muttley
i remember watching a programme with ramsy he went to his house on a island to cook and ramsy joked "your living on this island to avoid tax".

Does he earn enough to justify living on the IOM?

His wife and kids live on the mainland.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

naaaagh ,

Clarkson is just jealous, he's trapped in his persona so can't leave the country. Of course about the only place left for the petrol head could be with Beckham in LA . Mind you much of his humour could be misinterepretd! He is funny at 'times' though. You can just imagine him now pulling up on desperate house wives and taking David off for a spin.

HOLA445

Clarkson's anger over dog walkers _40901934_topgearmanx203.jpg Jeremy Clarkson has been filming Top Gear on the islandTV presenter Jeremy Clarkson says he is becoming increasingly frustrated by what he calls "militant dog owners" walking on his land on the Isle of Man. The presenter of BBC Two's Top Gear programme says it has forced him to ban everyone from a section of the coastline near his Langness lighthouse.

HOLA446
Clarkson's anger over dog walkers _40901934_topgearmanx203.jpg Jeremy Clarkson has been filming Top Gear on the islandTV presenter Jeremy Clarkson says he is becoming increasingly frustrated by what he calls "militant dog owners" walking on his land on the Isle of Man. The presenter of BBC Two's Top Gear programme says it has forced him to ban everyone from a section of the coastline near his Langness lighthouse.

....bit of a dimwit then......!...should have stayed in Great Britian........ :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA447

Now Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has found himself embroiled in some off-screen controversy after erecting a barbed wire fence around his holiday home in a picturesque beauty spot. The fence, near his lighthouse holiday home on the Isle of Man, has already been described as looking like something from the notorious Stalag 19 Nazi prisoner of war camp by one angry local
:lol:

HOLA448
Now Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has found himself embroiled in some off-screen controversy after erecting a barbed wire fence around his holiday home in a picturesque beauty spot. The fence, near his lighthouse holiday home on the Isle of Man, has already been described as looking like something from the notorious Stalag 19 Nazi prisoner of war camp by one angry local

:lol:

....dimwit gone crazy..... :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Realistbear is a fraud

His logon is shared amongst a group of Bulls to wind you lot up

...who are 'you lot'....?.... are you not part of 'you lot'.....?........Realistbear is a 'bear'.......are you wound up.....?....... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Back to 'dimwit.....is he moving to the Isle of Man....? :lol::lol::P

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Uh oh, failed sense of humour alert. I don't think all the stupid people that Mr Clarkson aluded too have actually emigrated from the UK, seems plenty are still here. I think you will find that most people would be jealous of JC's lifestyle, not the other way round.

Although I do think that exporting expensive house prices is quite possibly the only thing we Brits can manage these days.

Most ex-pats I know sold their expensive boxes and emigrated to somewhere else in the planet much cheaper. They subsequently enjoy their new mansion in Outer Oingo Boingo Land and claim that life is so much better. Of course the locals have to exist on 2p a day, that's why it is so cheap to live there...

As for the weather, we don't have any, we live in a temperate climate...anyone fancy a nice hurricane to spice up their life?

Edited by SMAC67

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Clarkson is the ultimate multimedia troll. I like him.

Not sure what relevance he has to anything here though, or why I'm even bothering posting about the xxxx.

.....troll ....more like multimedia buffoon.....his IofM property venture reflects his hypochrisy, while miscalling UK expats 'dimwits'.....

HOLA4417

I can see his point in a way. There are some "escape artists" who will be unable or unwilling to make things work anywhere. But most Brits have left to start a better life for themselves, and why not? It certainly does not mean that they "failed" in the UK. More like they've decided that, given their earning potential, they believe they can live more fruitful lives elsewhere doing the same job. What's wrong with that?

I've "left" the UK, because of my job, and meet expats all the time. They're certainly not failures, they just want a better quality of life and have been willing to make pretty large sacrifices in order to find it. Leaping into the unknown. Pretty brave in in my opinion.

And let's be honest, in order to live the "ideal" English life, you need to earn far, far more than average. Most people I know back home are really struggling to make ends meet, and it's causing untold family stress. If you earn "average" or less, life is becoming more of a struggle in most ways.

Sure, if you earn a healthy 6 figure salary, can afford public schools, private health and a lovely house in an idyllic setting, British life is enviable. But if your kids are at the local Compo, where drug dealers hang outside the gates, you struggle with money to make the budget balance every month and prospects only seem to be getting worse, then the idea of upping sticks is very attractive. We all want the best we can provide for our families.

Edited by Dubai

HOLA4418

I agree with Dubai (I probably know you).

I am in Bahrain and you can see that some people come abroad for spurious reasons. The main reason to come abroad is if you can make a pile of cash tax free and save as much of it as you can. Doing 5 years in such an environment can reap huge rewards if you do go back home. It can literally change your life. there are too many people however, who don't have a very good plan when they leave and can't make the money and end up back in blighty worse off than when they left and without a home.

HOLA4419

Jeremy Clarkson and his school chum Andy Wilman are both multi millionaires from the Top Gear franchise alone. Jeremy is an A-list columnist in the press. Jeremy hosts BBC2's most popular TV series which the BBC then sells abroad at huge gain to both the Corporation and the Treasury. Additionally Jeremy has written more than 5 books which have entered and stayed in the bestsellers top ten for months on end for several years. As such he is one of the top 20 UK authors. Jeremy has also achieved critical acclaim for a diversity of televisual programmes such as championing Brunel in the Greatest Britain series or highlighting the stories behind the award of the Victoria Cross.

Even his seasoned fellow journalists concede that both the quality and volume of his written work is top drawer.

So I think we can conclude that Jeremy is the very model of popularity and success in his profession of journalist and presenter.

If I was running myself as a company and was generating income of over £5m a years and I was married to a Manx lady then I think I would be stark raving mad not to take advantage. Being even a part time resident there would enable him to avoid donating over a million pounds a year to the taxman. All perfectly legal and common.

I would strongly suspect that Jeremy Clarkson contributes more to HM Revenues than every member of HPC put together.

He certainly does a lot of quite work for charity and is very popular amongst the local population of his home in the Cotswolds.

ANDY

Edited by Andy Jones

HOLA4420
Jeremy Clarkson and his school chum Andy Wilman are both multi millionaires from the Top Gear franchise alone. Jeremy is an A-list columnist in the press. Jeremy hosts BBC2's most popular TV series which the BBC then sells abroad at huge gain to both the Corporation and the Treasury. Additionally Jeremy has written more than 5 books which have entered and stayed in the bestsellers top ten for months on end for several years. As such he is one of the top 20 UK authors. Jeremy has also achieved critical acclaim for a diversity of televisual programmes such as championing Brunel in the Greatest Britain series or highlighting the stories behind the award of the Victoria Cross.

Even his seasoned fellow journalists concede that both the quality and volume of his written work is top drawer.

So I think we can conclude that Jeremy is the very model of popularity and success in his profession of journalist and presenter.

If I was running myself as a company and was generating income of over £5m a years and I was married to a Manx lady then I think I would be stark raving mad not to take advantage. Being even a part time resident there would enable him to avoid donating over a million pounds a year to the taxman. All perfectly legal and common.

I would strongly suspect that Jeremy Clarkson contributes more to HM Revenues than every member of HPC put together.

He certainly does a lot of quite work for charity and is very popular amongst the local population of his home in the Cotswolds.

ANDY

I strongly suspect you're a knob jockey!

You're basically saying that it's ok to be a complete **** as long as you are rich and contribute to HM Revenues! You're a lovely bloke Andy.

HOLA4421

I don't have a problem with Clarkson, even if I do find some of his views offensive. At least he speaks his mind and has the balls to get into trouble for it. There are too many people in this country that think being 'offended' gives them the right to special treatment. It shouldn't.

Few other people would have the balls to drive an oversized Fiat Panda stretch limo round London streets causing the mother of all traffic jams. Great fun.

Edited by sikejsudjek

HOLA4422

It is of course only your opinion that he is a complete knob. You are entitled to it however I would disagree. He occasionally goes overboard but for the most part is entertaining and not frightened to venture an opinion which is this day and age is rare. Long may it continue.

As for having a house on the Isle of Man. I don't see the problem. His wife was born there, the island has no speed limits, it is an extremely beautiful place and you can benefit from a preferential Tax regime. Seems like a no brainer to me and sour grapes on behalf of the critics.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Bart of Darkness
Jeremy is an A-list columnist in the press.

Doesn't say much for the British press. Oh for the days of John Pilger or even Bernard Levin.

Not too opposed to Clarkson actually but he's hardly A-list, even by the current tawdry standards of the UK newspaper industry.

He also avoids contributing as much as the rest of us pay to the IR, which kind of negates that argument just a little.