House Price Crash Forum
Guest absolutezero

Did You Vote Labour In Any Of These Elections?

Guest absolutezero

A new poster has asked for this poll in a different thread.

Could be interesting so I thought I'd oblige.

Ok, my hand's up! :lol:

I voted Labour in 1997, was sick of the Tories. I refused to vote for Labour in the last election because of Iraq. I voted Lib Dem as a protest instead. I still think the Tories are a sack of shit.

I will not vote Labour again unless there is some radical change to their current direction. Will never vote Tory. May vote Lib Dem, but consider it largely a protest vote.

My conclusion is that the political system in this country is largely corrupt, in thrall to The City and has sold us and our freedoms down the river.

What makes me laugh is when people say they want a Conservative government - they've already got one!

Edited by sossij

I have never voted Labour.

I might consider voting Respect next, not because I agree with what they say, but because I like George Galloway and I often listen to his radio show on Talksport. Lib-Lab-Con are boring twits, we need more controversy in politics to make it more interesting again. Even the protesters at Heathrow last week didnt start a riot, so booorrriiing, bring back swampy!

Guest absolutezero
Thanks absolutezero !

You're welcome.

For the record, I've never voted Labour and usually gone with the Lib Dems.

I have never voted Labour.

I might consider voting Respect next, not because I agree with what they say, but because I like George Galloway and I often listen to his radio show on Talksport. Lib-Lab-Con are boring twits, we need more controversy in politics to make it more interesting again. Even the protesters at Heathrow last week didnt start a riot, so booorrriiing, bring back swampy!

Indeed. Did you catch John Pilger's "War On Democracy" film last week? Whatever you think of Pilger's stance politically, it was really moving to see so many people caring about their own democracies... even in the face of oppression and exploitation. Great stuff!

Indeed. Did you catch John Pilger's "War On Democracy" film last week? Whatever you think of Pilger's stance politically, it was really moving to see so many people caring about their own democracies... even in the face of oppression and exploitation. Great stuff!

I missed War On Democracy, I would have watched it tho if I knew it was on. The thing is, I dont watch much tv anymore.

I enjoyed reading JP's Book entitled Hidden Agendas but didn't watch the programme unfortunately.

Perhaps JP could do an expose on Middle Eastern regimes to give a little balance to his work?

Although he may find it harder to do books and programmes on these as they are indeed regimes and not nearly as open as our society. For all our democracies faults (and there are many), I know where I'd rather live.

Excellent idea!

And yes, I much prefer living here than in a fundamental religious state too :D My gripe with our current political leaders is that they are currently intent on giving up the very (hard won) rights and freedoms that are denied in the regimes that you cite.

A new poster has asked for this poll in a different thread.

Could be interesting so I thought I'd oblige.

Not my fault - the self employed never vote labour. To do so is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Stick IR35 up your a**e GB!

Not my fault - the self employed never vote labour. To do so is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Stick IR35 up your a**e GB!

Well as a turkey, I voted for Christmas in 97, then along came IR35. Never did or will I vote for them again after that.

Having said that, I'd never vote for them again even without IR35 due to all the other things the b****** have done.

Not since the election prior to "The Winter of Discontent" yer yer I know, it never happened...your dead and your rubbish where NOT left unburied.

Mind you the Tories are the same as Nu Labour, they all queue to take their turn at the trough of the Global Corporate Elitists.

You may be patriotic, but politicians are in it to fill their pockets, power and wealth dear boy, power and wealth. And who provides that? Why the guys with the printing presses, the Central Banks of course, they rule the world. So vote for who you want, which ever politician you want, because it will alter Jack Sh@t. Unless of course you emigrate to Venezuela or Bolivia :rolleyes:

PS: I taped "War on Democracy" but it is being shown in some UK cinemas SEE LIST Then I dare say it will be on sale for home viewing. IMHO it is a MUST SEE FILM. Can you imagine if Pilger's films supported UK/US Foreign Policy [instead of exposing it] DVD's would be given away free in all Murdoch publications.

Read the Making of "The War on Democracy" article HERE

Edited by Catch22

For the record.

I have never voted Labour, and I certainly didn't fall for all the spin in 1997. 'Things can only get better'...........yeah, right!!

I have always been a staunch Conservative voter.........until now. I do not intend to vote Conservative because in my opinion, they are just a new blue new Labour.

Therefore, my protest vote will go to UKIP. And I can't even tell you who the leader of UKIP is? I think this is very telling of where we are with politics in the UK at the moment.

:ph34r:

For the record.

I have never voted Labour, and I certainly didn't fall for all the spin in 1997. 'Things can only get better'...........yeah, right!!

I have always been a staunch Conservative voter.........until now. I do not intend to vote Conservative because in my opinion, they are just a new blue new Labour.

Therefore, my protest vote will go to UKIP. And I can't even tell you who the leader of UKIP is? I think this is very telling of where we are with politics in the UK at the moment.

:ph34r:

I voted New Labour in 97 and not since. I have never voted Tory. I might steel myself to do it this time as my vote goes to whomsever gets this lot out (except BNP). UKIP has no chance of achieving that.

Of course it only really matters who you vote for if you live in a marginal, such is first past the post democracy.

Ok, my hand's up! :lol:

I voted Labour in 1997, was sick of the Tories. I refused to vote for Labour in the last election because of Iraq. I voted Lib Dem as a protest instead. I still think the Tories are a sack of shit.

I will not vote Labour again unless there is some radical change to their current direction. Will never vote Tory. May vote Lib Dem, but consider it largely a protest vote.

My conclusion is that the political system in this country is largely corrupt, in thrall to The City and has sold us and our freedoms down the river.

What makes me laugh is when people say they want a Conservative government - they've already got one!

I agree 100% with this...

Full video here: superb docu.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?d...48&hl=en-GB

Never voted labour. I can't stand em.

I would rather vote Labour than Lib Dem, those of you who vote Lib Dem have your head buried in the sand, they would destroy this country 10x as fast as New (but really Old by Stealth) Labour.

I would never vote Tory either, they are like the poor cousins who are jumping on the bandwagon when everyone else is getting off. They haven't got two braincells to rub together.... hug a hoody... I thought that summed them up nicely...

No heads above the parapet eh? I've voted for them consistently. I like my local MP and in the absence of any real choice nationally I prefer to think local.

Not that that is an apology, nationally I think broadly speaking Labour have been the best of a dire bunch although I find it hard to summon much enthusiasm.

Honest answer.

I voted New Labour in 97 and not since. I have never voted Tory. I might steel myself to do it this time as my vote goes to whomsever gets this lot out (except BNP). UKIP has no chance of achieving that.

Of course it only really matters who you vote for if you live in a marginal, such is first past the post democracy.

You are David Cameron and I claim my £5!

;)

No heads above the parapet eh? I've voted for them consistently. I like my local MP and in the absence of any real choice nationally I prefer to think local.

Not that that is an apology, nationally I think broadly speaking Labour have been the best of a dire bunch although I find it hard to summon much enthusiasm.

Honest answer.

You have to be kidding! Turd & swimming pool comes to my mind. C@#ts, the lot of them. (sorry, don't mince my words when it comes to NL)

You are David Cameron and I claim my £5!

;)

LOL.

339 folk have read this and only 21 commented and 49 voted?

The last Labour gov got in with 23% of the electorate's votes. Might they get in with even less this time?

The last Labour gov got in with 23% of the electorate's votes. Might they get in with even less this time?

And thats the scary part. I'm sure that's what you were highlighting? <_<;)

I voted Labour after putting up for the Tories for far too long. In my opinion many of the problems we have today are the direct result of conservative policy.

Tories - Selling off of utilities = highest enery prices in the whole of Europe

Tories - Removal of employment rights and min wage = Poverty and Crime

Tories - Removal of legislation regarding animal feed = Cows being fed to other cows and the spread of mad cows disease to humans.

Tories - Selling off of council homes = the start of the property boom = many young people can't afford homes.

Tories - Bodge of the exchange rate mechanism = loss of billions from gold reserves, the UK still hasn't recoverd.

Tories - Poor funding of public services = neglected schools, cripled NHS something the current government is still trying to reverse.

Tories - Record interest rates as the result of soaring inflation.

Tories - Record unemployment

The list goes on and on.

I will continue to vote Labour for as long as there are conservatives. I would consider voting for another party but as yet a non labour vote is a tory vote.

Labour are not perfect but they are far better than the Tories. Cameron might be good at talking but I promise you his party will never deliver his promises.

I'm self employed and vote Labour, you're talking out your ar*se.