House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Jeremy Paxman - Working With The Bbc Was Like Living In Stalin's Russia

PAXO!!!!.....PAXO!!!!...PAXO!!!!

He's now uttering what we've been saying for ages!!...the whole outfit is infested with government stasi-collaborators.

Time to get the proles out!!!!

....GIVE 'EM A GOOD STUFFING PAXO!!!!!

....better than that...NAME AND SHAME them....and their families.

...and then give them the ceaucescu treatment(firing squad)......on PPV.

...if they want a phone-in that's worth watching,I'll vote in this one!!!

I suppose you could draw out the tension for these guys by making the whole thing like THE RUNNING MAN.

£1 to see one of these execs getting stalked for an hour and then hacked to bits with a chainsaw......bargain!!!

John Pilger was scathing about Paxman's toeing of the party line and wrote about how some journalists complained they just wanted to report the news not the BS fed to them by our nazi government. Paxman seems like a decent sort though and looks like he's not too happy about having to peddle the propaganda either.

The BBC's Question Time is one of the worst. I've seen two episodes where they obviously had stooges in the audience asking the correct questions, though all questions are vetted beforehand. One stooge was an "iraqi" who was practically demanding that we invade Iraq. The other was an American woman asking rather loudly and clearly why we didn't know how many immigrants were in the UK.

Previously the programme was broadcast live. But since Iraq, they first tried to get rid of Dimbleby. He then appeared on another programme touring the UK. However, only one programme was broadcast with the new government lacky. In that one, one member of the audience when asked to ask his question appended at the top of his voice, the comment that Tony Bliar was A WAR CRIMINAL. Dimbleby was brought back but then they stopped airing the programmes live. This was made apparent when Cameron's admission on the programme that he might have taken drugs appeared on the news hours before, which makes you wonder where the text messages from viewers are coming from. Perhaps the recent scandal over phone-in competitions was the BBC staff trying to protest the government's fiddling of those. I know my text messages stopped appearing on QT about a year ago, the last one bing the comment, "worst debt in history".

Protests outside the BBC studios over their biased reporting were reported in Ananova recently but nowhere else in the UK media.

However, we already know BLiar sacked Gavin Davies, Greg Dyke, Andrew Gilligan and the whole board of governors when he didn't like the "Dodgy Dossiers" report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6964831.stm

Mr Sweeney - appearing at a session on factual programming - described the BBC's current affairs department as "a pale shadow of what it was".

It had "empty desks and far too many people on short-term contracts", he said, which made it "very much harder for people to argue and challenge the bosses".

"Stop it - don't cut current affairs, the sharp end of the BBC's public service commitment," he implored. BBC funding has been a major topic at the three-day festival.

On Friday, Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman described the licence fee as "an idea of the 1950s", warning that it would be hard for his programme to survive in its current form if further cuts were implemented.

But Mrs Bennett's stance was backed by TV presenter Clive Anderson, who appeared alongside her in a session about the state of the BBC.

Closing a channel was a "misconceived" way to save money, he argued.

"It's harder to make lots of small economies everywhere - it's easier to achieve a big cut by taking out a whole service," he said.

"But when you say there's going to be 10% cut, it means you should have savings all round."

:blink:

The BBC's Question Time is one of the worst. I've seen two episodes where they obviously had stooges in the audience asking the correct questions, though all questions are vetted beforehand. One stooge was an "iraqi" who was practically demanding that we invade Iraq.

I am learning to find much fault with the Beeb but I must say, I met 2 people who agreed with the war before it started, one was indeed an Iraqi who had been here since a child as his family had been driven out by Saddam Hussein's regime so I do believe that was a real Iraqi in their audience. (The other was a not very clever person I knew from school who is in the Labour party).

Couple of things that I picked up on lately:

A piece about Afghanistan going on about the "Taliban druglords". Beeb seemed to have conveniently forgotten that heroin production sky rocketed post invasion.

Then, I was really shocked the other night watching the Beeb news at 10 when they dragged up an item about an old bloke in Australia who was jewish and who had come clean about surviving the war in Latvia as a child by hanging out with the Latvians turned Nazi who took over his area (after killing his family) and becoming their mascot. This was on the night before the UK-Germany football match!!! Really, why bring this story up, when it could have been brought up any time, the night before the footie match? It also went on about the Germans having done the killing of local Jews when anyone who has studied the events know that significant numbers of Baltic locals enthusiasticly embarked on the killing of their Jewish neighbours. Really, a very bizarrely timed story.

Actually, talking of the footie, did anyone notice the Mottie howler when the camera showed Gord Enron and Angela Merkel? " He assumed that the German Chancellor was in the equivalent job to Gordie Enron before his "promotion".