House Price Crash Forum
davidhpc

370 Jobs To Go In Yorkshire

Another 370 jobs to go in an area that can ill afford it.

job cuts

but lets keep house prices rising so the BTL'ers can drink Shiraz and drive BMW's.

disgraceful.

I love the way everything on this site gets linked to BTL's. Please could you explain the link between peoples changing eating habits when it comes to bread, and BTL's? I would love to hear it

well, read this nick,

link

and it tells you that bread consumption is actually rising.

so your gay argument about changing eating habits because you and your gay mates want to eat ciabatta and whole grain rice is ********.

the company is closing down because it is too expensive to make bread there. property and taxes are too expensive. speculative investments have helped make it that way.

well, read this nick,

link

so your gay argument about changing eating habits because you and your gay mates want to eat ciabatta and whole grain rice is ********.

the company is closing down because it is too expensive to make bread there. property and taxes are too expensive. speculative investments have helped make it that way.

What a wonderfully articulate response, I appreciate the time and mental capacity that must have gone into it :P

From the article you originally posted:

"The move reflects an overall fall in bread consumption, changing consumer habits and the increased self-sufficiency of British Bakeries' operations in the south of England, resulting in a reduced requirement to transfer break and morning goods down the country.

Just for the record - I don't eat gluten, whether in ciabatta or in mass produced bread. I can see how BTL's would increase the price of housing for the workers in the factory. However, the article also says that the premises will still be used in an industrial capacity - not that the site was to be levelled by a developer putting up flats to sell to BTL's.

Commercial property has always been a speculative investment - if you have any savings or a pension I am sure that these companies will hold commercial property as part of their diversified portfolio. If you need help understanding why firms rent rather than buy commercial premises please visit the likes of Savills or CBRE's website although I fear that the advanced language used in professional reports may be beyond your grasp.

I am still interested to hear a clear link between job losses and BTL's. If you feel capable of doing this it would be much appreciated. However, if you are unable to do so without merely throwing out insults and not answering the question I would suggest that you stop making a fool out of yourself and go to bed!

Guest Bart of Darkness
Staff and their trade unions have been told of the plans and a consultation process with the unions has begun.

Which will acheive....?

What a wonderfully articulate response, I appreciate the time and mental capacity that must have gone into it :P

From the article you originally posted:

"The move reflects an overall fall in bread consumption, changing consumer habits and the increased self-sufficiency of British Bakeries' operations in the south of England, resulting in a reduced requirement to transfer break and morning goods down the country.

Just for the record - I don't eat gluten, whether in ciabatta or in mass produced bread. I can see how BTL's would increase the price of housing for the workers in the factory. However, the article also says that the premises will still be used in an industrial capacity - not that the site was to be levelled by a developer putting up flats to sell to BTL's.

Commercial property has always been a speculative investment - if you have any savings or a pension I am sure that these companies will hold commercial property as part of their diversified portfolio. If you need help understanding why firms rent rather than buy commercial premises please visit the likes of Savills or CBRE's website although I fear that the advanced language used in professional reports may be beyond your grasp.

I am still interested to hear a clear link between job losses and BTL's. If you feel capable of doing this it would be much appreciated. However, if you are unable to do so without merely throwing out insults and not answering the question I would suggest that you stop making a fool out of yourself and go to bed!

well, unfortunately for you it didn't seem to be dumbed down enough, but i'll try dumb it down even further.

Bread consumption is more than it was last year.

That means it is going up.

The article said it is going down, but, it is not correct, because more bread was consumed last year than the year before.

When you get that point, I will explain further.

well, unfortunately for you it didn't seem to be dumbed down enough, but i'll try dumb it down even further.

Bread consumption is more than it was last year.

That means it is going up.

The article said it is going down, but, it is not correct, because more bread was consumed last year than the year before.

When you get that point, I will explain further.

I fully understand both articles. Why you chose to post one that was contradictory to the truth is beyond me though. I hope you forgive me for not knowing the exact workings of the bread industry, I was merely replying to an article that you posted using the information contain within. You must understand where I was coming from?

Now that we are caught up to this point, please explain furthur. Still not seeing the link with BTL's

I posted to highlight the job losses.

The post had nothing to do with bread consumption.

Is that beyond your understanding?

Fully comprehend that, you post was:

job cuts

but lets keep house prices rising so the BTL'ers can drink Shiraz and drive BMW's.

You are yet to explain the correlation between job losses in the bread industry and the profits and lifestyles of BTL's. It was this that I initially asked you to explain. Aside from some playground insults you have yet to enlighten me on this front! Or was it just an opportunity to take a cheap, jealous shot at those who have a better lifestyle than you?!

job cuts

disgraceful.

I hate to say it but this means no more dough - for the consumers or the workers !

What wonderful news for all the gay environmental tree huggers on here :P

Guest muttley
Please could you explain the link between peoples changing eating habits when it comes to bread, and BTL's?

Perhaps he meant BLTs.

well, read this nick,

link

It's almost as if 'gay' is being used as an insult! Slack-jawed knuckle-dragger alert. :lol:

It's almost as if 'gay' is being used as an insult! Slack-jawed knuckle-dragger alert. :lol:

Amongst today's youth "gay" is indeed an insult. It means stupid in a sad way. Words do change their meaning with use you know. ;)

Amongst today's youth "gay" is indeed an insult. It means stupid in a sad way. Words do change their meaning with use you know. ;)

Yeees, and we gave up calling each other spastics a while ago.

look, it's hard enough to earn a crust round here already.

Can I suggest that in order to improve this situation you could start a business. That way you would be able to help those in need of work.

You obviously feel the problem is that people are moving away from their desire to eat mass produced, chemically inhanced loaves wrapped in stay fresh plastic. Instead they prefer freshly baked bread from the local supermarket or bakers? I am sure that this fresh bread requires more time to make and assuming that overall consumption has increased, surely the number of people employed in this capacity will have increased? So whilst it may mean 600 less people working in one area, there could be 1000 more people in jobs elsewhere as a result. Overall employment up - how is this bad?

I am assuming that the answer to this is that if more jobs go up there then the BTL landlords will find people can't afford their rents. Or maybe some of the bread workers have some BTL property. Wouldn't surprise me, as every tom dick or bread worker seems to have a BTL portfilo these days. Bring it on. (the crash)

im eating more bread than i used to

i think single people tend to eat more bread than families as they are too lazy to cook a proper meal and immigrants also eat a lot of bread as its convenient to make sandwiches in between shifts.

so yes id agree that bread consumption is up.

edit: ive noticed a hell of a lot of friends of mine eating wholemeal bread with jam at all hours of the day.

Edited by jimmyjazz