House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Colour Preference Innate?

Guest AuntJess

Apparently recent research has found that women are 'wired' to prefer pink/red, although blue is a universally preferred colour.

How does that compare - anecdotally - with you all?

Apparently recent research has found that women are 'wired' to prefer pink/red, although blue is a universally preferred colour.

How does that compare - anecdotally - with you all?

I prefer autumnal colours clothing wise. Russets, greens, etc

Quite partial to warmer colours in decor.

Guest d23
I prefer autumnal colours clothing wise. Russets, greens, etc

Quite partial to warmer colours in decor.

clothing wise I'm pretty monochrome - white / black / grey. I work for a clothing company and I know of a few colour forecasting companies that make an awful lot of money predicting trends in the colours that we want to wear.

most of the interior of where i live is black and white with the occasional splash of red which I've been told subsequently are 'power colours' which work on some kind of primeval level (something the Nazis used to good effect / they certainly understood the power of aesthetics)

Guest AuntJess

The rationale given by the researchers is that red/pink is the colour of many fruits, and women used to pick these, aeons ago!!

TBH I dress to suit my mood and colouring. All blues/lilacs and pinks suit my skin tones, although I like autumn colours around me at home in the furnishings.

clothing wise I'm pretty monochrome - white / black / grey. I work for a clothing company and I know of a few colour forecasting companies that make an awful lot of money predicting trends in the colours that we want to wear.

most of the interior of where i live is black and white with the occasional splash of red which I've been told subsequently are 'power colours' which work on some kind of primeval level (something the Nazis used to good effect / they certainly understood the power of aesthetics)

Wasted money on me I'm afraid D. I haven't changed my fashion or colours in decades. I figure if I don't change I'll be the height of fashion at least once every 15 years or so. :lol:

Yep. Mind you all the totalitarian powers had a much better grasp of that kind of thing. Heroic statues, mass parades etc democracies just don't do that kind of stuff well for some reason.