House Price Crash Forum

Check This Out People!

HOLA441

"I find it really interesting that houses have 'vanished' off Property Snake for my area.

I'm renting on a Barratt estate in Preston, Lancs. It's shocking to see so many people trying to sell. Houses around here are just not moving and repossesions are rising. There have been 11 on my street in the last 5 months.

I looked at Property Snake only a few weeks ago and it showed many houses in my street and surrounding streets falling.

eg. The house next door to me sold in Nov 05 for £210,000 (3 Bed 3 Storey Semi). Reposessed 9mths later and back on market for £202,000. During course of this year has since dropped to £185,000, £175000 and is now £165,000!!!"

Many other houses on the estate are the same but they no longer show on Property Snake. Hmmm? Find that a tad suspicious really. :P:P:P

GO HERE - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...8223&st=420 - and scroll to last post...... enjoy!

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
"I find it really interesting that houses have 'vanished' off Property Snake for my area.

I'm renting on a Barratt estate in Preston, Lancs. It's shocking to see so many people trying to sell. Houses around here are just not moving and repossesions are rising. There have been 11 on my street in the last 5 months.

I looked at Property Snake only a few weeks ago and it showed many houses in my street and surrounding streets falling.

eg. The house next door to me sold in Nov 05 for £210,000 (3 Bed 3 Storey Semi). Reposessed 9mths later and back on market for £202,000. During course of this year has since dropped to £185,000, £175000 and is now £165,000!!!"

Many other houses on the estate are the same but they no longer show on Property Snake. Hmmm? Find that a tad suspicious really. :P:P:P

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=53884

I have also noticed this too. I am also from Preston. Is it just our area or the whole country ?

HOLA443
HOLA444

That's what I'd expect to see with any serious seller. If it isn't selling reduce the price.

HOLA445

GO HERE - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...8223&st=420 - and scroll to last post...... enjoy!

Firstly I would never buy a new build from a housing company, it would either be a self build or from a local building firm with a good rep.

But personally set aside the repairs etc it would be an older property in an established area every time.

Secondly your heading states a drop from £265k to £165k (£100k) but in the post you say the house was bought in 2005 for £210k so a £45k drop or 20%.

Which is it?

Edited by Jonnybegood

HOLA446
Many other houses on the estate are the same but they no longer show on Property Snake. Hmmm? Find that a tad suspicious really.[/i][/b] :P:P:P

What are we supposed to be checking out here? Yet another Bear's unsubstantiated wet dream anecdotal? Another conspiracy theory? Another 'this could be it, here comes the HPC , the trigger we've been waiting for, a house in Preston has reduced its price the HPC is imminent' thread.

Where's the evidence to support this alleged price drop.?

Yawn.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm in surrey and regularly check out rightmove and I can assure you its the same round here. Theres loads of houses that have been sitting on rightmove for months, some with no reductions at all, alot that are empty and with no chain. I've seen some that are simultaneously advertised in the rental and sales section TBH houses are selling round here but rightmove is the most static i've ever known it to be. Obviously people just cannot afford to buy these places, check this out. Would you?

A Buy this place for £315K which will cost £30K deposit, about £8K stamp duty + fees then a repayment mortgage of about £1800 a month for the first couple of years

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-909...=2&tr_t=buy

or

B Rent this place for £900 a month, and £1500 deposit and you may be able to get a discount as I'm sure that place has been on the market for months.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-157...1&tr_t=rent

Once you compare the figures surely its a no-brainer? Or am I missing something????

Another one i've been keeping an eye on is this, new build and i'm sure they were asking well over £300K for these a while back, its has an en-suite without any mention of a shower, isn't that a cloakroom off the bedroom?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-708...=6&tr_t=buy

HOLA4411
I'm in surrey and regularly check out rightmove and I can assure you its the same round here. Theres loads of houses that have been sitting on rightmove for months, some with no reductions at all, alot that are empty and with no chain. I've seen some that are simultaneously advertised in the rental and sales section TBH houses are selling round here but rightmove is the most static i've ever known it to be. Obviously people just cannot afford to buy these places, check this out. Would you?

A Buy this place for £315K which will cost £30K deposit, about £8K stamp duty + fees then a repayment mortgage of about £1800 a month for the first couple of years

or

B Rent this place for £900 a month, and £1500 deposit and you may be able to get a discount as I'm sure that place has been on the market for months.

Once you compare the figures surely its a no-brainer? Or am I missing something????

Another one i've been keeping an eye on is this, new build and i'm sure they were asking well over £300K for these a while back, its has an en-suite without any mention of a shower, isn't that a cloakroom off the bedroom?

As you say -- it's a no-brainer!...

HOLA4412

or

Tell me about it , we rent a standard 3 bed semi and could buy it outright for cash , but that cash is spread around various high interest accounts and NSI certs , this interest pays the rent , ALL utilites plus plenty left over , it really shouldn't be like this but it is :blink: , i refuse to buy until owning becomes cheaper than renting .

HOLA4413
What are we supposed to be checking out here? Yet another Bear's unsubstantiated wet dream anecdotal? Another conspiracy theory? Another 'this could be it, here comes the HPC , the trigger we've been waiting for, a house in Preston has reduced its price the HPC is imminent' thread.

Where's the evidence to support this alleged price drop.?

Yawn.

from nethouseprices.co.uk:

9,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold New Build 21-Jun-2005 £170,000

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 04-Aug-2006 £138,500

28,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 21-Jun-2005 £249,995

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 09-Feb-2007 £160,500

26,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 22-Aug-2005 £190,900

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 15-Feb-2007 £159,000

20,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold New Build 02-Jun-2005 £225,000

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 21-Dec-2006 £175,000

this is extreme example, if there was ever a development to suck money out of the foolish, 'Centurion Square' is it, large number of flats, middle of town, on a road that floods every year [only effects access though]. with lots of normal, 100+ yr old terrace houses just behind it for the same or less....

IMO 'Centurion Square' and 'Ponzi Scheme' are synonomous

[though i wouldn't recommend taking financial advice off me... i'm not that arrogant...]

and i can't guarentee the prices, all i can do is quote the website

ps "wet dream anecdotal?" what a horrible turn of phrase...

Edited by mallory

HOLA4414

Propertysnake is the pencillin for VI spin. There seems to be evidence the vested interests are trying to derail them.

HOLA4415

We're in a 4 bedroom house in Surrey. Houses around us have gone for about £350K in the last year. Rent is £1050 for us. That's about an extra £800pm to rent a property from the bank if we were to buy. I calculated recently that properties would have to rise 6% a year to make the gearing pay the extra money. I couldn't understand how anyone could take the risk until I encountered an IFA who pointed out that prices were going up 10%pa and that I'd be raking it in if I bought a house. Ofcourse, he offered to arrange the mortgage for me. Mind you, I never spoke to him again, and got the correct advice from the next IFA I sought out.

Edited by dellboy

HOLA4416
from nethouseprices.co.uk:

9,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold New Build 21-Jun-2005 £170,000

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 04-Aug-2006 £138,500

28,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 21-Jun-2005 £249,995

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 09-Feb-2007 £160,500

26,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 22-Aug-2005 £190,900

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 15-Feb-2007 £159,000

20,Centurion Square Skeldergate,York,YO1 6DP

Flat Leasehold New Build 02-Jun-2005 £225,000

Flat Leasehold Not New Build 21-Dec-2006 £175,000

Yummy yummy , really nice junks of reductions .

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
We're in a 4 bedroom house in Surrey. Houses around us have gone for about £350K in the last year. Rent is £1050 for us. That's about an extra £800pm to rent a property from the bank if we were to buy. I calculated recently that properties would have to rise 6% a year to make the gearing pay the extra money. I couldn't understand how anyone could take the risk until I encountered an IFA who pointed out that prices were going up 10%pa and that I'd be raking it in if I bought a house. Ofcourse, he offered to arrange the mortgage for me. Mind you, I never spoke to him again, and got the correct advice from the next IFA I sought out.

hope you haven't been renting for more than a year because houses have gone up more than 10%...

HOLA4419

or

The public's attitude to renting!

When I say to someone "something's very wrong - it's cheaper to rent than buy", they look at me like i'm a paedophile (or a nonce, a perv, a slot badger, a two din pin plug, a bush dodger, a small bean regarder, a una bummer, a nut administrator, a bent ref, the crazy world of arthur brown, a fence vole, a free willy, a chimney bottler, a bunty man, a shrub rocketeer. :D)

HOLA4420
Secondly your heading states a drop from £265k to £165k (£100k) but in the post you say the house was bought in 2005 for £210k so a £45k drop or 20%.

Which is it?

Does it make any difference? The fact is the price of the house has fallen a minimum of 20% in less than 2 years. Spin it if you can.

HOLA4421
Great bear food but I thought we'd stopped citing drops in flats as they were so commonplace - too soft a target :lol:

Agreed , but these have been completly blown out of the water , i particularly like the £249,995 to £160,000 in less than 2 years , nice :) .............hmmmmmmmmm very nice :D

Earlier typo junks :blink: doh ......... should be chunks

HOLA4422
Does it make any difference? The fact is the price of the house has fallen a minimum of 20% in less than 2 years. Spin it if you can.

by that argument why stop at £265K, make the headline £365K, £465K...

you're right about the 20% fall, but surely we can also admit a typo.

HOLA4423
hope you haven't been renting for more than a year because houses have gone up more than 10%...

They've not done anything in the last year. The houses for sale in our area have been on sale for months and always reduced slightly to sell. Besides, even if the prices were going up by more than 6% pa, there's still the risk or not being able to realise the profit that needs to be factored in. The higher the HPI the higher the risk of a nasty crash being triggered by a wobble in confidence. As soon as the interest payment rose above the rent, the risk factor kicked in. That was years ago. In the mean time, the capital portion has been going into tax-free investments.

HOLA4424
Great bear food but I thought we'd stopped citing drops in flats as they were so commonplace - too soft a target :lol:

actually, i agree

and this was always going to be *the* one in York that would go pear shaped first - big development, nothing special, lots of flats in competition with each other [i've just been scanning rentals for a friend, stopped at over a dozen 'available', just told her to go in and make some daft offers... see what happens...]

but its dead easy to monitor on nethouseprices

[i don't think i've said this, i don't post often, but i cycle past this building on sunday mornings [off to meet mates on way out for mountain biking] and all last year used to count the number of 'for sale' and 'for rent' boards up... got increasingly difficult to add up as i went past, somewhere between 10 and 20 inc. one or two 'a choice of properties' ones..

then one sunday last autumn they ALL disappeared.

i suspect they suddenly realised they were putting themselves in a very poor negotiating position by displaying the choice...]

HOLA4425
then one sunday last autumn they ALL disappeared.

i suspect they suddenly realised they were putting themselves in a very poor negotiating position by displaying the choice...]

Yep -- I've seen that happen all over the place! They become ashamed! - And just can't take it anymore! :lol: