House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Hatred

A Very Apt Comedy Sketch

Does anyone remember the sketch from Jam in 2000 where the couple wanting to buy a house have to to "favours" for the owner, because they can't really afford it?

I though of it this afternoon, and judging by the measures that FTBs are resorting to these days, it's still very relevant today. I don't actually want to link to it because of its adult theme, but it's on YouTube ;)

Does anyone remember the sketch from Jam in 2000 where the couple wanting to buy a house have to to "favours" for the owner, because they can't really afford it?

I though of it this afternoon, and judging by the measures that FTBs are resorting to these days, it's still very relevant today. I don't actually want to link to it because of its adult theme, but it's on YouTube ;)

Yes, it is absoloutely brilliant....genius sketch!

The guy who plays the seller is brilliant!

A total MUST see !!!

Jam is legendary, hopefully the roles in the sketch of buyer & seller will be reversed soon, like in the US.

Though previously mentioned on hpc, I don't think this vid was linked. It's from a wannabee property developers tv show a year or so ago, that is excruciating viewing with two scouser muppet girls.

"How NOT to bid at auction"

......This is a good vid on the US housing bubble. "Our Economy Right Now"

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVZWDAKdDo

How to get revenge on your landlord by lowering the value of the property in the whole area. :lol::lol:

I forgot all about that one! :lol:

I had Jam on DVD, but lent it to someone yonks ago and never got it back. Subprime lending, evidently :P

It is very, very dark, but has some good laugh out loud moments such as "symptomless coma".