House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grenouille

Brown's Snap Election

I tried posting this Topic before and so apologies if this is duplicated.

Will Brown's reputation last upto a snap election in October ?

What will be Brown's , so called, popularity be by then ? Can he squeeze the election in in time ?

I think they'll go for it. The eonomy is about to fall to its knees and with the world situation as it is life is going to get tough for everyone.

I don't think there's a credible alternative.

Cameron has lost the plot I think - even if he ever had one.

Most people don't care about the stock market, even though they should. The property market is not going into -ve territory until 2008, and that's what people really care about. Unemployment won't start rising until at least the New year. His reputation will survive till the autumn, and if as he is a relatively shrewd individual, I suspect he will call an election then. If he doesn't, he won't be able to call one next spring as his reputation will be crashing faster than the price of houses.

I tried posting this Topic before and so apologies if this is duplicated.

Will Brown's reputation last upto a snap election in October ?

What will be Brown's , so called, popularity be by then ? Can he squeeze the election in in time ?

Gordon would will win if he goes to the poles early. If he waits another year, UKIP might win.

Interesting views....

I have been a little non-plussed with the attacks by the right and the left on Cameron. Maybe this puts him in the right electoral spot ! ...but everyone has their own views.

I also have a feeling that Brown will go in October as I think you are right by Spring next Year the preverbial would have hit the fan. I thinks its touch or go what his situation will be in October.

.....although the tories did manage to win (just) in '92, even though house prices had been falling for a couple of years.

Nah, we'd need the feel good factor of winning a war for that to happen again... :lol::o:huh::blink:

Most people don't care about the stock market, even though they should. The property market is not going into -ve territory until 2008, and that's what people really care about. Unemployment won't start rising until at least the New year. His reputation will survive till the autumn, and if as he is a relatively shrewd individual, I suspect he will call an election then. If he doesn't, he won't be able to call one next spring as his reputation will be crashing faster than the price of houses.

Why should they care about the stock market, it's pointless and we'd be better off without it. It's just silly fools speculating about possibilities and risk and then betting accordingly. No different from sad old men sitting in the betting shop because they have nothing better to do. I have no interest in stock prices at all, I don't even own one share. I have cash in the bank and earn cash every week...which I spend wisely. I don't have a pension but I save every month and plan to own my home in less than 5 years.

Gordon would will win if he goes to the poles early. If he waits another year, UKIP might win.

UKIP, you're having a laugh. What planet are you living on. How many seat do they currently hold and do they even have enough reps to form a party let alone a government.

Sometimes I think people on this forum live in cyber space rather then the real world....too many mail on sunday readers are posting here.

If they Brown calls a snap autumn election it's going to be close, 10 points can be gained or lost very easily even days before an election.

I want Brown to win, he's formed a very good government and most of his policies are pretty sound. Cameron has little support from his own party and a win for him would result in tax cuts for the rich and a wave of backward regulation cutting policy. The Tories are already talking about relaxing labour laws and abolishing numerous health and safety regulations, despite the fact that the UK has the most relaxed labour and employment laws in Europe. More people die at work in the UK than in Germany, France, Sweden, Norway and Holland put together....so why relax the laws.

Dubsie, I respect your views. I don't agree and I have listed below what I think...

I am very proud of my nationality but I am disgusted what has happened to the country in the last 10 years.

1. Dodgy dossiers

2. Huge Stealth taxes

3. Spin

4. Huge Government and personal debt

5. Ridicolous immigration levels.

6. liberal, political correctness gone mad.

7. No real improvement in the NHS

8. Nobody believes in the eductaion standards anymore (O/A levels) a joke.

9. Most Brits leave school not being able to spell

10. Our soldiers dying daily and it being put as if it is an afterthought as the last item on the news.

Britain needs to wake up or become a banana republic !!!!

UKIP, you're having a laugh. What planet are you living on. How many seat do they currently hold and do they even have enough reps to form a party let alone a government.

Sometimes I think people on this forum live in cyber space rather then the real world....too many mail on sunday readers are posting here.

If they Brown calls a snap autumn election it's going to be close, 10 points can be gained or lost very easily even days before an election.

I want Brown to win, he's formed a very good government and most of his policies are pretty sound. Cameron has little support from his own party and a win for him would result in tax cuts for the rich and a wave of backward regulation cutting policy. The Tories are already talking about relaxing labour laws and abolishing numerous health and safety regulations, despite the fact that the UK has the most relaxed labour and employment laws in Europe. More people die at work in the UK than in Germany, France, Sweden, Norway and Holland put together....so why relax the laws.

My response was intended to convey a sense of hyperbole. Gordon Brown is the worst prospect of leader we've had since Caligula's failed attempt. Correction, there is one person worse than Gordon Brown (hint, his initials are DC).

Dog,

I am not going to dish your views but why are you so against David Cameron ?

He is moaned at (mostly since the much overhyped Brown Honeymoon), for being too reticent and then too forthright.

He is moaned at by the right (so what).

He is moaned about from the left but that is no suprise as he is taking the party to the middle ground.

He is moaned at for being green !

He is moaned about when the party talks about tax cuts.

I really don't see where some people are coming from ...

Dubsie, I respect your views. I don't agree and I have listed below what I think...

I am very proud of my nationality but I am disgusted what has happened to the country in the last 10 years.

1. Dodgy dossiers

2. Huge Stealth taxes

3. Spin

4. Huge Government and personal debt

5. Ridicolous immigration levels.

6. liberal, political correctness gone mad.

7. No real improvement in the NHS

8. Nobody believes in the eductaion standards anymore (O/A levels) a joke.

9. Most Brits leave school not being able to spell

10. Our soldiers dying daily and it being put as if it is an afterthought as the last item on the news.

Britain needs to wake up or become a banana republic !!!!

....+ flogged off a big part of our gold reserve for peanuts..

Trashed the pension system.

War in Iraq despite the biggest ever march against it.

Blown billions on crap failed computer systems in NHS etc.

Blown billions on the PPI shite

Believe in climate change.. and then give the Ok for terminal 5 and expand Stansted.

the list is endless.

Dubsie I suggest you get back on your medication mate.

Amazingly to normal people it would also not surprise me if that certain political organizations monitor these type of sites and bend the dicussions to their own views. What a sick, sick place we have let this country become.

Guest AuntJess
"Because they'll have got British citizenship by then and will be voting accordingly?"

..... it seems the UK is being socially cleansed of non-labour votes.

Ain't that the truth, brother! <_<

Guest AuntJess
....+ flogged off a big part of our gold reserve for peanuts..

Trashed the pension system.

War in Iraq despite the biggest ever march against it.

Blown billions on crap failed computer systems in NHS etc.

Blown billions on the PPI shite

Believe in climate change.. and then give the Ok for terminal 5 and expand Stansted.

the list is endless.

Dubsie I suggest you get back on your medication mate.

...Yes, I think also that the refusal to remove/raise - the threshold of inheritance tax and stamp duty, means many more thousands of would-be homeowners are being right royally screwed by these stealth taxes, to help shore up the failing "miracle" economy. :angry:

Dog,

I am not going to dish your views but why are you so against David Cameron ?

He is moaned at (mostly since the much overhyped Brown Honeymoon), for being too reticent and then too forthright.

He is moaned at by the right (so what).

He is moaned about from the left but that is no suprise as he is taking the party to the middle ground.

He is moaned at for being green !

He is moaned about when the party talks about tax cuts.

I really don't see where some people are coming from ...

David Cameron has no political conviction and he does not reflect the spirit of conservatism. He is bouncing from one crack pot idea to another. On the big issues, he gives labour a free ride. He is just a PR man out of his depth.

If the conservatives want to sort themselves out, they have to start playing a long game.

Amazingly to normal people it would also not surprise me if that certain political organizations monitor these type of sites and bend the dicussions to their own views. What a sick, sick place we have let this country become.

Any posting in particular?

Isn't it fantastic that you thought of this although it would be "Amazingly to normal people ..."! You must be a genius! We're so lucky to have you on here.

p

PatPrimer, seems that I have touched a nerve there.

What I was saying is something that would never had been said or thought in the past. I am afraid it shows the sort of politicians that have recently been in power.

Oh, the trade centre is falling down with loads of people in it, good day to bury bad news ?

PatPrimer, seems that I have touched a nerve there.

What I was saying is something that would never had been said or thought in the past. I am afraid it shows the sort of politicians that have recently been in power.

Oh, the trade centre is falling down with loads of people in it, good day to bury bad news ?

Bearing in mind that about 99% of the postings on here come from the Looney Right, then I'm assuming that you're criticising them. That makes be perfectly happy. I haven't had a really good look but I don't remember seeing anything in this topic that could be remotely described as NU Labour Spin -which is what I assume your are trying to hint at. For some reason you don't seem able to give one example either way to back up your assertion. You just seem to have all of a sudden decided that it needed to be said, and came out with it, out-of-the-blue. Strange, that.

If you believe that 'spin' is something that was invented in 1997, then you're a very much mistaken. Do you really believe that what you're accusing someone of is "... something that would never had been said or thought in the past ..."? Surely at sometime in your education you were told about bias in all communication, whether it be the written word, speech, pictorial or any other method. Everything we read or hear has come through at least one other brain and the message will have been influenced.

My nerve is fine, thanks all the same!

p