House Price Crash Forum
enrieb

Estate Agents Window, New Price/ New Instruction

I was just walking past a few estate agents in my town and I though I would look to see if any houses had been reduced as I have seen many reductions on property snake in the local area. Yet I could not see any houses that had been reduced, after looking a little harder, I began to notice a price sticker in one corner where a 'reduced' sign would usually be, however instead of saying reduced they have put 'New Instruction' or New Price'.

Surely they cannot mean 'reduced' cos I heard some posh fat bird and bald guy on the telly say that house prices never ever go down, they only go up you know!

I was just walking past a few estate agents in my town and I though I would look to see if any houses had been reduced as I have seen many reductions on property snake in the local area. Yet I could not see any houses that had been reduced, after looking a little harder, I began to notice a price sticker in one corner where a 'reduced' sign would usually be, however instead of saying reduced they have put 'New Instruction' or New Price'.

Surely they cannot mean 'reduced' cos I heard some posh fat bird and bald guy on the telly say that house prices never ever go down, they only go up you know!

I've seen the same spin for while in the estate agents in the village. (all four of them). Haven't you realised - reduction is a dirty word, and means their must be something wrong with the property !

......yeah .....new instruction means vendor "instructed" EA on their recommendation to reduce price.....it is a 'new instruction' each time vendor asks EA to 'reduce'.......this must be EA interpretation of the situation ............ :lol::lol::lol:

My local estate agents must have bigger balls than your lot as they are quite happy to slap 'Reduced' tags on the properties they advertise in the local rags.

......yeah .....new instruction means vendor "instructed" EA on their recommendation to reduce price.....it is a 'new instruction' each time vendor asks EA to 'reduce'.......this must be EA interpretation of the situation ............ :lol::lol::lol:

Oh for heaven's sake.

"New Instruction" means new property on market to that agent. Nothing else.

If the seller reduces the price, the agent will want every c**t to know, so will say "new price" or "reduced" or "reduction" etc.

I cannot believe how many properties in my neck of the woods (yorkshire) now have no chain on them on the EAs advertisment. I know people who were hanging onto property expecting the HPI to ever increase are now realising that we are at the peak now off loading as well as a lot of BTLs but i think some must be moving back in with parents or something in order to get a smooth chain free sale.