House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Tomorrow Views On Ftse

Guest Charlie The Tramp

New Zealand has gone green, may have got their confidence from the DOW recovery. ;)

New Zealand has gone green, may have got their confidence from the DOW recovery. ;)

:lol:

I actually think that markets are oversold right now and a technical bounce must happen tomorrow. However, the really bad news is yet to strike to I think there will be further severe falls in the weeks and months ahead. Why some people think that corrections MUST be over in *a week*, after *several years* of excesses and misappropriation of capital, is beyond me. :blink:

I expect the FTSE will go up by 100 tomorrow at least - maybe even Northern Rock might recover!

Does anyone think the fact this is all happening in mid August is very strange - are the bosses on holiday and the less experienced guys temporarily running the show getting panicky which is leading to all this volatility.

I'd say there a 50% chance it'll go up.

Although it might go down.

Unless it stays the same of course.

Pesonally, I'm always ready to step in with a prediction.

As long as it's not about the future.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
:lol:

I actually think that markets are oversold right now and a technical bounce must happen tomorrow. However, the really bad news is yet to strike to I think there will be further severe falls in the weeks and months ahead. Why some people think that corrections MUST be over in *a week*, after *several years* of excesses and misappropriation of capital, is beyond me. :blink:

So said the Reserve Bank of Australia in September 2005. It took nearly two years for the markets to get the message.

The SM cost me £20k in indirect losses in 2002, the reason I never invested directly.

RBA warning of 'meltdown'

David Uren, Economics correspondent

27sep05

FURTHER rises in oil prices, the collapse of a major bank or an unexpected jump in inflation could be all it takes to send the increasinglyfragile global financial system into meltdown.

The Reserve Bank of Australia warned yesterday that the current calm in financial markets could be the prelude to a storm that could wreak havoc in the world economy.

The RBA believes the boom in markets for shares, bonds and housing in many countries is unsustainable.

I bought FTSE calls today, when the market was about 5940.

Looks like I will make money

I would have done the same thing if I knew how to buy FTSE. It does seem cheap now.

I know it's none of my business but how much did you buy?

UP 500 points tomorrow. All been a sick joke. Someone has just found a hole beneath the Bank of England containing an infinite money printing machine.

But they're only going to drip feed as much as is needed to allow people to keep borrowing to keep the economy growing 'HEALTHILY!!!!!!!!!!!'

If they accidentally let too much out, they'll turn the tap off for a bit - but they'll raise the interest rates paid so that they don't lose out.

It will climb about 50 points in jittery motion until 14:00 when the Dow opens... it will then wave around this level for an hr and then follow the DOW down closing down another 70 - 80 points.

The DOW will close 1.3% down...

Then again it could do the opposite.... :P

So said the Reserve Bank of Australia in September 2005. It took nearly two years for the markets to get the message.

The SM cost me £20k in indirect losses in 2002, the reason I never invested directly.

I think you forgot to read the rest of my post! ;)

Note: I was *only* writing about my thoughts for *tomorrow*..

For my tuppence, up by 75 tomorrow until Wall Street opens. I'd expect to see it close marginally down possibly by 20 - 30 pts. Just looking at the Dow ralies in the markest over the last 3 weeks, they have been 1 off afternoon rallies, followed by small drops the next day.

Are you still confident about that Bubb?

Just saw BBC News and he said FTSE futures are looking 80 points up.

Is that because they all woke up after Bloomberg flicked over to Europe mode and nobody noticed the Nikkei had fallen off teh end of the world?!

I quoted you where the market was: +124 at midnight- not my view, a fact

It has gone down overnight, since asia didnt follow-thru on Wall St's euphoria

lostt almost 100 points overnight. I should have traded at midnight, i suppose

Are you concerned about the effect on the HK property market Bubb? Like you I have recently bought in the territory and I know the correlation between stock and property prices in HK are incredibly strong. Unless theres a rebound within weeks primary and secondary prices must continue to suffer as they have apparently started to do.