House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OzzMosiz

Ordered Rowing Machine Online

I'd ordered a rowing machine from www.SimplyFitnessEquipment.co.uk back in July and expected it to be delivered 2 days later. I stayed at home that day - didn't turn up. Phoned up to complain and re-arranged delivery for a Friday - stayed at home that day - didn't turn up. Phoned Customer Services - waited in the queue for 57 minutes to be disconnected (cost £5). E-Mailed 3 times no response. Phoned sale today and asked that customer services to call me. They haven't

Whats the next course of action? Oh they've taken the money though.

DONT USE THEM!

I had the same saga with furnitureatwork.co.uk

I had used my credit card, so got the money back that way. I have been bitten before, so I always use a credit card for on line, never switch.

I had the same saga with furnitureatwork.co.uk

I had used my credit card, so got the money back that way. I have been bitten before, so I always use a credit card for on line, never switch.

I used a Visa debit card - do you get the same protection with Visa?

I just phoned them up and gave 'em a bolloc*ing and asked to cancel it.

Sh**y customer services - and there was me thinking UK was supposed to be a "services" based industry now.

Try to contact your local trading standards office (part of your local council)

Cost nothing and will useful advice

Yes, visa debit cards do have protection too. Ring them and tell them you've got a disputed transaction and ask for them to send you a form claiming for a chargeback. You have confirm how and when you've contacted the retailer to try and get a refund. It's worked for me before when I ordered something mailorder that never turned up. Don't leave it too long though. There is a time limit.

You are covered by the distance selling regulations. I would suggest you find their company address and send them a letter demanding your money back as the goods have not arrived. They would be commiting a criminal act of fraud if they didnt return your money, and the directors would be personally liable in this situation.

Companies house can provide you with their address if you have difficulty finding it.