House Price Crash Forum
MRMX9

Fears Us Biggest Mortgage Lender Could Go Bankrupt

Shares in Countryside Financial - the US's biggest mortgage lender fell 13% yesterday amid fears the company could go bankrupt if conditions deteriorate further:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6948865.stm

Thats a bit like the Halifax potentially going belly up here!

Unconfirmed report the company is unable to borrow money from the commercial paper market.

Merrill Lynch downgraded the stock from buy to sell and raised the possibility of bancruptcy.

Better pump more money into the banks then if noone will lend to them.

Edit: Is the United States of America's biggest mortgage broker really going bust?

Edited by maxwell

Shares in Countryside Financial - the US's biggest mortgage lender fell 13% yesterday amid fears the company could go bankrupt if conditions deteriorate further:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6948865.stm

Thats a bit like the Halifax potentially going belly up here!

Ouch!

Makes you wonder which of the big boys may go the same way when the [underplayed] UK sub-prime time bomb goes off...

Some 'Northern Rock' anyone???

Shares in Countryside Financial - the US's biggest mortgage lender fell 13% yesterday

Has this not been covered here already?

Last I saw, price had dropped from high of over $35 to the high teens. The word toast springs to mind.

Edit: add "$"

Edited by Timm

Surely the Bilderburgs......OOps I mean the Central Banks and Governments will not allow this to happen and will step in with our..........Opps I mean their money to bail them out.

God I keep putting my foot in it, I am going to end up wearing an Orange Boiler suit if this carries on.

Surely the Bilderburgs......OOps I mean the Central Banks and Governments will not allow this to happen and will step in with our..........Opps I mean their money to bail them out.

God I keep putting my foot in it, I am going to end up wearing an Orange Boiler suit if this carries on.

It's clear to me and i know where your are coming from.

Some say the BoE controls the FED and if this is true then we are in for some serious trrouble.

Be fantastic if the has-no-facts goes down.