House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laurejon

A Lesson Learnt

At the begining of the summer holiday I gave each of my children £1,000 as pocket money for the holiday period.

They all spent the money in three days lending most of it to some of their friends who live on a caravan site and chop up cars for a living.

Anyway, having spent all their money, to teach them a lesson I am going to give them £1,000 each and every day for the rest of the holidays.

Hopefully they will realise after this that they should take care of their money.

At the begining of the summer holiday I gave each of my children £1,000 as pocket money for the holiday period.

They all spent the money in three days lending most of it to some of their friends who live on a caravan site and chop up cars for a living.

Anyway, having spent all their money, to teach them a lesson I am going to give them £1,000 each and every day for the rest of the holidays.

Hopefully they will realise after this that they should take care of their money.

You justify the old saying "There's a fool born every minute" :lol:

ha ha ha

Not a bad analogy, but the banks have to pay back the money at the end of the period. Its a loan not a gift

Yes, he should have loaned the money to his children (they presumably have IOUs from the caravan kids to use as collateral). This way he can teach his children a valuable lesson while also ensuring that the local sweet and toy markets don't collapse from distressed sales of same. The children will of course have no problems in repaying the loans+interest as the caravan kids are keen to engage in further transactions ... in the unlikely event that this doesn't work out, he should provide additional loans as required; the alternative is unthinkable.

Is that what they look like?

The Bank of England are just printing up some new special-edition ones that they will use to bail out all the hedge funds:

muppet.jpg

Edit: Actually I think that can go on my signature...sums them up nicely!

post-8135-1187011181_thumb.jpg

Edited by House of Lords

Yes, he should have loaned the money to his children (they presumably have IOUs from the caravan kids to use as collateral). This way he can teach his children a valuable lesson while also ensuring that the local sweet and toy markets don't collapse from distressed sales of same. The children will of course have no problems in repaying the loans+interest as the caravan kids are keen to engage in further transactions ... in the unlikely event that this doesn't work out, he should provide additional loans as required; the alternative is unthinkable.

Heh heh.

Not exactly though. If his children do not pay any of the loans back to him, they will go bankrupt so the game is over and there are no more loans.

The "loans" will have been destroyed.

Edited by BubbleTurbo