House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RosscoPK

Just A Small Ftb Story

Just a little story I thought I'd share with you....

In Leicester, my girlfriend and I are looking to start renting a two bedroom apartment in the next couple of months. There's a new build estate, still undergoing major construction, on the outskirts of the city so we decided to have a look around to see what was available - to get an idea of size etc.

The houses and apartments were generally very pleasant, but when we spoke to a saleswoman - posing as FTBs, the sales talk we received was quite unexpected.

Instead of the typical 'you need to be quick, they're selling fast....' talk, she instead spoke about several properties that had either recently come back on the market, or that had had their prices reduced; quite considerably.

A three storey town-house (tall, but narrow) had been reduced from £225k to £199k, and - if my memory serves me correctly - two-bed apartment / flat reduced from £125k to £109k - no mention of Shared Ownership.

Loads of fees though - including a 'Green Belt' charge of £321 a year; never heard of that one.

Maybe this in itself was just all sales talk, but it was certainly different to what I was expecting.

Loads of fees though - including a 'Green Belt' charge of £321 a year; never heard of that one.

sounds like a service charged for a shared garden, there selling it as 'green belt' to appeal to the

children of nimbys (ohh green belt how posh). I pay about the same, svc charge for upkeep on

the grounds/legal/management costs.

Just a little story I thought I'd share with you....

In Leicester, my girlfriend and I are looking to start renting a two bedroom apartment in the next couple of months. There's a new build estate, still undergoing major construction, on the outskirts of the city so we decided to have a look around to see what was available - to get an idea of size etc.

The houses and apartments were generally very pleasant, but when we spoke to a saleswoman - posing as FTBs, the sales talk we received was quite unexpected.

Instead of the typical 'you need to be quick, they're selling fast....' talk, she instead spoke about several properties that had either recently come back on the market, or that had had their prices reduced; quite considerably.

A three storey town-house (tall, but narrow) had been reduced from £225k to £199k, and - if my memory serves me correctly - two-bed apartment / flat reduced from £125k to £109k - no mention of Shared Ownership.

Maybe this in itself was just all sales talk, but it was certainly different to what I was expecting.

Desperation. Apparently "lower" prices -- cancelled out by boll@cks taxes...

No doubt about it -- sellers are scared --- and asking prices are being slashed all over the shop...

Edited by eric pebble