House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Far Eastern Markets Tonight

Ok, i have learned an awful lot since i discovered this website but i'm still a bit of a "Terry F*ckwit" when it boils down to the complex stuff.

So my questions are:

What time GMT do the far east markets open tonight.

What movements ,up or down,are the keen minds & experts on here expecting & why?

Ok, i have learned an awful lot since i discovered this website but i'm still a bit of a "Terry F*ckwit" when it boils down to the complex stuff.

So my questions are:

What movements ,up or down,are the keen minds & experts on here expecting & why?

futures indicate up (to start with at least) - you'll know within an hour or so which way the market will go for the day

I expect stocks up over the day, and volatility settling in general with few headlines to talk about. However this is based on a single source which is the 'HPC' contra-indicator, which says the more posts about financial armageddon on day X there are here on HPC, the more likely the markets settle/rise on day X

So my questions are:

Should be interesting.

Australia (ASX) and Japan (NIKKEI) will open about 01.00 AM. Hong Kong(HSI) and South Korea (KOSPI) will be a bit later. If the spread betting markets are open on these indices it might give you an idea of what to expect.

I suggest watching the FOREX values of the Yen against the Aussie and the Kiwi dollar because that will give you some hint of what is happening in the carry trade market. If the Yen rises sharply and the Aussie and Kiwi dollar drop then you can guarantee that tomorrow will probably be 'interesting' in Europe and the US. Expect the Japanese Central Bankers to have both barrels of their shot gun loaded to deter unwelcome attempts to push up the value of the Yen. If the Asian markets are not too volatile then I expect the storm will have been weathered for the moment. The problem is that the fundamental factors that ultimately have caused the instability have not gone away. The mortgage defaults in the US market will still exist, the true value of the credit derivatives on the balance sheets of many major financial institutions will remain unknown and most importantly the structural problems in the world economy caused by Asian economies trying to rig the value of their currencies will not have been solved. It is this last issue that is probably the most important and will ultimately prove most difficult to resolve because it is a political and economic as much as a financial issue.

While waiting for the markets to open why not pop out to watch the Perseid Meteor shower

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/11...eatperseids.htm

It is one fire work display that wont cost you a penny.

Edited by up2nogood

I expect stocks up over the day, and volatility settling in general with few headlines to talk about. However this is based on a single source which is the 'HPC' contra-indicator, which says the more posts about financial armageddon on day X there are here on HPC, the more likely the markets settle/rise on day X

Agree with this ,

NZ is the first one to open at 11pm i think , but there only a squirt of a index , usually you have to wait till 2.30pm when the Dow opens then everybody pretty much copies them .

Thanks one and all for the replies. Looks like i'm in for only a few short hours of sleep tonight!

Strange that meteor shower is appearing the day before the main markets reopen after Fridays turmoil.

They are usually a portent of forboding and doom aren't they?

Thanks one and all for the replies. Looks like i'm in for only a few short hours of sleep tonight!

Strange that meteor shower is appearing the day before the main markets reopen after Fridays turmoil.

I thought that applied specifically to Halleys Comet, but you may be right. I shall be looking out for the meteor shower though.

Edited by rover2000

dow was up on friday, lots of senior players have come back from holiday, central banks have injected sufficient liquidity, so expect a nice bounce upwards on monday

Guest Bart of Darkness

I think that's usually comets.

The Perseid meteors turn up every year in August.

I think that's usually comets.

The Perseid meteors turn up every year in August.

Bart of Darkness - off topic, but out of interest why Jon Pertwee. Was he your Doctor? :unsure:

Guest grumpy-old-man
Shall we all stay up in our pyjamas like it's the Eurovision Song Contest?

The Nikkei..........nil points

Mrs GOM & I had a good laugh at that one. :lol::lol:

& yes, we will be up watching.

Also watching the shooting stars tonight as it's going to be a good show apparently.

Mrs GOM & I had a good laugh at that one. :lol::lol:

& yes, we will be up watching.

Also watching the shooting stars tonight as it's going to be a good show apparently.

wish I didn't have to get up early tomorrow :( I'll have to catch up in the morning