House Price Crash Forum
zoomraker

Cameron Shows His True Colours

"A vast range of regulations on the financial services industry should either be abolished or watered down, including money-laundering restrictions affecting banks and building societies. Mr Redwood's group also sees "no need to continue" to regulate mortgage provision, saying it is the lender, not the client, who takes the risk."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...12/ntory112.xml

awesome timing, might be worth another visit to webcameron

Edited by zoomraker

Even Ben has said that the market needs to be regulated if they can't self-regulate. Never again says Ben.

I agree though, Cameron is hopeless. He is not so much "wet" as he is out of touch with what issues are of concern to the electorate. A worrying kind of detachment as if he is on another planet somewhere?

Even Ben has said that the market needs to be regulated if they can't self-regulate. Never again says Ben.

I agree though, Cameron is hopeless. He is not so much "wet" as he is out of touch with what issues are of concern to the electorate. A worrying kind of detachment as if he is on another planet somewhere?

does he not read the papers or watch the news.

The global financial system goes into meltdown due to unregulated mortgage selling and he starts talking about removing all regulation.

Companies should have more freedom to make employees redundant.

My oh my, now there is a vote winner if we really do begin to enter a recession... TBH a bit out of touch surely, nobody has a job they can be made redundant from these days, just a short-term contract that won't be renewed. He must think we are still in the 1970s or something.

I'd say theres a pretty good case for cutting regulation but not with regards to money-laundering regulations particularley at a time when fraud rates are soaring.

Its all a bit like saying saying theres a good case for the Titanic to do a bit of sharp steering - but if Cameron was the captain he'd be sterring into the iceberg not away from it.

Do you really believe the Tory's/Cameron wants it, he is a Tw@t yes, but not that bloody stupid. He is throwing it, he does not want it. Let Labour keep it for the next few years, it, i mean power, because lets face it the prospect of the coming financial issues are not going to be nice, and it is Browns making. So let the idiot carry the can, i know he will blame it all on the global issues, but, he has been in control of the purse strings for the past ten years, so it is his problem!

Good luck to him, Brown, the public love him, good luck to the public, i think they all need it with this joker in charge!

"Health and safety regulations should either be reviewed or repealed, including those affecting protective equipment and waste incineration as well as the entire 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act."

Where's the fire exit ?

Why should they regulate more?

Let the bank go under if they don't do their job properly.

Perhaps that would stop it happening so soon next time!

People will also have to learn where to put their money.

It must be hard for the Tories. NewLabour have given so many people "careers" in politically correct jobs. There are more and more of these people around and they have votes. Turkeys won't vote for Christmas.

Guest happy?
"A vast range of regulations on the financial services industry should either be abolished or watered down, including money-laundering restrictions affecting banks and building societies. Mr Redwood's group also sees "no need to continue" to regulate mortgage provision, saying it is the lender, not the client, who takes the risk."

Every political party needs its resident embarassment.

John Redwood - the man who as Welsh Secretary didn't know the words to the Welsh National Anthem yet - still the funniest political clip in years.

Good to see he's back on form with some new one-liners.

The social secretary at the local WMC has been trying to book him for years....

Guest Winnie

Today's new "policy" paper today clinches it for me. I am now an ex-Tory. We have a wishy-washy Fotherington Thomas at the helm spouting liberal nonsense, and some hard right fascists taking the mickey out of him in the background. It is clear he gave the far right "enemies within" some policy areas to look at to keep them quiet and uh-oh, now is report back time. IDS saying everyone should be married like in the 1950s and Redwood basically making Thatcher look moderate.

They are hell-bent on keeping the property market afloat...more than anything, this shines through. They are now a chippy party clinging on angrily to the old world...and old property owning advantages and privileges. Appalling. :angry:

Mr Redwood's group also sees "no need to continue" to regulate mortgage provision, saying it is the lender, not the client, who takes the risk.

What an absolute twit.

Seems to be just about everyone on the planet is taking the risk...except the lenders!

Priceless.

I think I've said this before here - the Tories don't want to be elected, hence the silly policies. The likely slump is not something they want to preside over. Why else relax regulations which protect employees and the public. Why relax the fairly good controls on people opening a bank account? Surely we want to stop fraudsters opening accounts, we want to stop people getting into debt. So, have a lacklustre leader with unpopular policies and postpone your electability for another term eh.

Of course, I have a wild imagination, it couldn't possibly be.

Edited by The Last Bear

...obviously they don't teach personal finance at Eton......the structure is needed..... the problem with NuLabour is they have introduced it and all around people are abusing the system and we have had only gestures from the FSA.....it is all red tape until we get prosecutions.....it is up to this body to assert themselves, take control and justify the legislation.... :P:lol::lol:

...as for the Tories and Cameron...they don't seem to be able to pinpoint NuLabour's weaknesses and attack them.....opposition .......?....more like 'lost in the jungle get me out of here'...... :lol::lol:

...as for the Tories and Cameron...they don't seem to be able to pinpoint NuLabour's weaknesses and attack them.....opposition .......?....more like 'lost in the jungle get me out of here'...... :lol::lol:

Media problem. They are extremely biased to the left. Things appear closer in the mirror than they really are. It will be hard to overcome!