House Price Crash Forum

Media Deny Any Chance Of Hpc

HOLA441

Reason:

The teaser rates and subprime ease of credit coupled with oversupply caused it in the US, UK does not have an oversupply and teaser rate mortgages never made it over here at all.

My argument:

A. Credit crunch will be global which will put a halt to the pyramid scheme.

B. We are waaay to much in debt already.

C. The global economy may pump money into the system (lower rates) to get over the equity crisis rather than let the crisis happen. This will be the undersea earthquake that starts the tsunami of inflation, the only resolve - MASSIVE IR Hikes further down the line.

I think those wanting to buy post crash may have to wait at least another 3 - 6 years.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

HOLA442
Reason:

The teaser rates and subprime ease of credit coupled with oversupply caused it in the US, UK does not have an oversupply and teaser rate mortgages never made it over here at all.

My argument:

C. The global economy may pump money into the system (lower rates) to get over the equity crisis rather than let the crisis happen. This will be the undersea earthquake that starts the tsunami of inflation, the only resolve - MASSIVE IR Hikes further down the line.

I think those wanting to buy post crash may have to wait at least another 3 - 6 years.

Don't think there will be a crash just a correction in prices which will last quite a few years.

HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000
Reason:

My argument:

Sadly, I think there's some truth to what the papers say on this one. The UK market really is very different to the US one whether it's in supply or mortgage lending practises. That doesn't mean I don't think there will be a crash at some point, just that we're not there yet - if the current financial markets turmoil boils over into the start of a recession though, then things will be very different in 2 years time.

HOLA444
Reason:

My argument:

I agree, spot on... people on variable rate mortgages will suffer

Edited by moosetea

HOLA445

judgeing by the proportion of people at work (and my previous investment bank employer) who seem to be hurting from overextended mortgages I would say we are close many of the rate resets have hit and are known about and now the crunch is on. the bonuses are not I repeat not in the bag people will sell they will hurt they need releif they need to sell sell quick sell first. the greater fool they need to find him to sell, quickly time is ticking. the liquidity is drying up quickly got to sell sell sell.

HOLA446

.....depends upon what you want to buy, there will be plenty of buying opportunities in the stock market within the next 6 months, it's just a case of keeping an eye out for (long term) bargains.

HOLA447

I'm very happy to see the media lieing about the pending cash as too many sheep beleive every dam word the media say so when they get hit in the pocket it might, just might wake a few of the the sheeple up.

Quick we need a terrorists attack so we can blame the financial crash on some mad Muslims living i a cave and then goverment will release a new currency and people/sheeple will soak it all up as being worth more than the paper it's printed on.

See Iron Moutain on google or get the book, it's about a think tank report that was written back in 1966 but you just see how many of the recomendations made in the report are being played out.

HOLA448
Sadly, I think there's some truth to what the papers say on this one. The UK market really is very different to the US one whether it's in supply or mortgage lending practises. That doesn't mean I don't think there will be a crash at some point, just that we're not there yet - if the current financial markets turmoil boils over into the start of a recession though, then things will be very different in 2 years time.

I think the supply issue is a bit of a non runner as the only reason there was a so called shortage is because last year 380000 properties were bought for btl or just to lie empty ( a lot of BTLs are empty as well), this amount of BTLs in one year not only caused a tempory blip in the amount of property for sale but also caused panic buying and fueled HPI, in my neck of the woods there is a glut of property. Also noticed while driving through BTL/BEDSIT land today there is a sea of forsale signs up. These are the BTLers who have got good equity in their property getting out while the going is good.

HOLA449
Reason:

My argument:

I would agree partially if there hadn't been so many BTL speculators buying in the last couple of years. Alot were depending on capital appreciation and are in theory making a loss on their investment day by day. I know a few who have got involved in new builds with the view of selling quickly to make a profit. Two left the premises empty whilst trying to sell for at least 6 months, because unable to sell have rented them out. With the 6 months loss when trying to sell plus they are subsiding the tenant also now. How many more are in this boat. Both used the leveridge on their existing homes and lied about their present income as self employed. Like the shoeshine boy into shares in 1929, these are the new shoeboys.

HOLA4410
Guest Winnie

The crash will happen BIG within a year. These beats take on their own life and BTL jurassic park type stampede will happen in next 3 mths. This, with the City cleanout will accelerate things mighty fast.....