House Price Crash Forum
Guest vicmac64

Gc2 Will Accelerate On Mon

Guest vicmac64

Today was wake up day!

And the worlds population now empowered by the internet I believe have sufficiently enough information to buck the trends of the past - ie a Crash on Fri and markets picking up on Mon.

The Central banks pumping money into the markets will be seen as a sign of desparation - and it will cause untold panic.

Sentiment is now strongly in the Bear camp - to a point of irrationality. The more irrational the boom the more irrational the bust.

Just my opinion (got it right on todays events) so do you think I will be right again on Mon????????

'for now - sentiment rules'

Today was wake up day!

And the worlds population now empowered by the internet I believe have sufficiently enough information to buck the trends of the past - ie a Crash on Fri and markets picking up on Mon.

The Central banks pumping money into the markets will be seen as a sign of desparation - and it will cause untold panic.

Sentiment is now strongly in the Bear camp - to a point of irrationality. The more irrational the boom the more irrational the bust.

Just my opinion (got it right on todays events) so do you think I will be right again on Mon????????

what i wanna see is how these banks going to pay the CB by monday if today nothing moved, i think no more bail out once it gets past noon monday then they''ll find out not even the CB want to bail them out

what i wanna see is how these banks going to pay the CB by monday if today nothing moved, i think no more bail out once it gets past noon monday then they''ll find out not even the CB want to bail them out

I hope they'll let gold explode rather than the whole banking system implode. :ph34r:

The more irrational the boom the more irrational the bust.

Absolutely - just as shares were overvalued last month so in a couple of months they will be undervalued. Get your cheque book ready...

Guest Charlie The Tramp
The Central banks pumping money into the markets will be seen as a sign of desperation - and it will cause untold panic.

Passing through my Town tonight the hopefuls were camping outside the Estate Agents waiting to snatch the bargains when the panic spreads on Monday. :rolleyes:

I hope they'll let gold explode rather than the whole banking system implode. :ph34r:

gold exploding will save the markets

yeh right, no vested interest there eh?

I am fully expecting a bounce on Monday as the PPT springs into action in the US and other markets follow their lead. The bounce will last until the next announcement from a bank or hedge fund that they have exposure to US subprime then its down down deeper and down.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I am fully expecting a bounce on Monday as the PPT springs into action in the US and other markets follow their lead. The bounce will last until the next announcement from a bank or hedge fund that they have exposure to US subprime then its down down deeper and down.

Tasty portions of dead cat bounce.

How many bounces? Suppose it depends on granularity of definition.

Guest Winnie

Sadly, 100% agree. Spot on.....

Sadly, 100% agree. Spot on.....

Right then how does this spread betting ******** work?

Guest Winnie
Right then how does this spread betting ******** work?

Beware. I opened an account last week, and bet on the Dow dropping on Friday afternoon just before the Fed injecetd billions into it......lost £200 on a dead cert day. It really is pure betting. You don't even keep the shares for another day. Only 100,000 spread betters in this country, makes me think I may have strayed into Coral betting world.....

Beware. I opened an account last week, and bet on the Dow dropping on Friday afternoon just before the Fed injecetd billions into it......lost £200 on a dead cert day. It really is pure betting. You don't even keep the shares for another day. Only 100,000 spread betters in this country, makes me think I may have strayed into Coral betting world.....

awww... I feel for you

That's why I don't do stuff I don't understand.

None of:

1) spread betting

2) buying gold

3) buying shares or whatever else the things are called

1) I have NO idea what buttons to press, what I am looking at or what I'm agreeing to

2) NO idea how to buy it/what to buy. Looked - backed away quickly

3) NO idea how one buys shares. And whichever I pick would bomb.

I'd only want to test any waters with £1 or £2... max £50. I think it's all for bigger boys and people that can spot the difference between an *rse and an elbow.

Those who are expecting a stock market crash to rival 1929 or even 1987 are likely to be disappointed. Anyway these huge one day market gyrations of themselves mean little. The 1987 crash took place in a secular bull market and was soon erased. Even in 1929 the stock market largely recovered from the original crash before unwinding slowly and more relentlessly as the Great Depression took hold. If we are entering a secular bear market then it is is going to take months if not years to unravel. The definitive factor will be that each rally will never quite manage to erase the previous falls so the long term trend will be down.

The current problems in the credit markets have not yet fed through to the rest of the economy. We probably wont start to see the real impacts there until Christmas when the City layoffs may begin with a vengeance. As ordinary corporation now days tend to use the junk bond markets rather than rights issues to raise finance to fund there own activities I expect that the rest of us in the labour market will be feeling the chill winds of recession and redundancy not long after.

Do you smell of fags and piss and offer tips to schoolboys?

awww... I feel for you

That's why I don't do stuff I don't understand.

None of:

1) spread betting

2) buying gold

3) buying shares or whatever else the things are called

1) I have NO idea what buttons to press, what I am looking at or what I'm agreeing to

2) NO idea how to buy it/what to buy. Looked - backed away quickly

3) NO idea how one buys shares. And whichever I pick would bomb.

I'd only want to test any waters with £1 or £2... max £50. I think it's all for bigger boys and people that can spot the difference between an *rse and an elbow.

Buying shares is easy. Even profiting from them is easy too, as long as you follow one simple piece of advice:

Buy shares, then go to sleep for a long time.

It's written on the wall above my (hotel) bed right now! Seriously - in the Wall Street Plaza, Berlin.