House Price Crash Forum

Credit Markets/stocks = Effect On Hpi ?

Rover

HOLA441

I've STR, perhaps too early but I had other motivations.

As I understand it this credit drought and associated Western World market fall, will ultimately make further IR rises unlikely as the the central banks try to apply CPR to ailing economies - is this correct ? Effectively as the **** falls out of the financial markets - they will try and reinvigorate with IR cuts ?

Informed people tell me 6.25% BoE base will be the max and it is forecast to drop thereafter ?

With this in mind, how will this adversely effect HPI ?

Discuss please as I'm bloody clueless :huh:

HOLA442
I've STR, perhaps too early but I had other motivations.

As I understand it this credit drought and associated Western World market fall, will ultimately make further IR rises unlikely as the the central banks try to apply CPR to ailing economies - is this correct ? Effectively as the **** falls out of the financial markets - they will try and reinvigorate with IR cuts ?

Informed people tell me 6.25% BoE base will be the max and it is forecast to drop thereafter ?

With this in mind, how will this adversely effect HPI ?

Discuss please as I'm bloody clueless :huh:

IR's are irrelevant now. The credit crunch will will ensure that lenders will be much more careful who they lend their money to in the future. This will ensure that house prices fall as there will not be enough demand.