House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

£500k Gets Grotty Dump In Acton, W London:

THIS IS FUNNY!!!!

"For £500,000 you can buy this lovely end-terrace in Acton, West London. Facilities include double glazing (which you will need due to the property being 1 mile from the extended centreline of 27R at Heathrow), off street parking for 2-3 cars and easy access to HMP Wormwood Scrubs which is just a short walk away......

[pic of grotty house in Acton, W London]

Now look at what you could have won! [pic of lovely villa with swiming pool in S France....!]

For £500,000 you could have this beautiful villa in the French Riviera. Unfortunately, it only has three bedrooms but to make up for this, it has a huge swimming pool and 2500m2 of land and gardens. The property is only a short drive from Cannes and sports air conditioning and views out over the rolling French countryside.

See here - http://www.delusionofgrandeur.co.uk/catego...y-house-prices/ - scroll to bottom of page.... enjoy.

Edited by eric pebble

And are there loads of highly paid jobs available down there to pay the mortgage? Nope.

It does look great though. I would love to live down there and zip around on a scooter buying wine and fresh fruit & veg.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
And are there loads of highly paid jobs available down there to pay the mortgage? Nope.

It does look great though. I would love to live down there and zip around on a scooter buying wine and fresh fruit & veg.

Citalopram. I recommend Citalopram.

Mate of mine, has a doctorate and 3 years post doctoral qualification from a top US university has just got promoted in his job in Grenoble (where a basic family home costs 400,000 euros). He told me his was on a really good wage for the first time in his life.

How much? I asked

2200 Euros / month :o

Mate of mine, has a doctorate and 3 years post doctoral qualification from a top US university has just got promoted in his job in Grenoble (where a basic family home costs 400,000 euros). He told me his was on a really good wage for the first time in his life.

How much? I asked

2200 Euros / month :o

Indeed, fact is anywhere in France with jobs is bloody expensive. No point in showing us chateaus with 50 acres for £150k, they are a million miles from anywhere and would require a small army and £500k per year to keep them going.

Indeed, fact is anywhere in France with jobs is bloody expensive. No point in showing us chateaus with 50 acres for £150k, they are a million miles from anywhere and would require a small army and £500k per year to keep them going.

total ********.

Anyway, why not 'telecommute'? ANyone who isn't a frikkin hairdresser or builder's laborer does it nowadays apparently.

"For £500,000 you can buy this lovely end-terrace in Acton, West London. Facilities include double glazing (which you will need due to the property being 1 mile from the extended centreline of 27R at Heathrow)...

The last time I was in a fully loaded 747-400 climbing slowly and noisily away from 04L en route to Cape Town, I remember thinking that HPs in the areas I was passing over must be depressed by London standards. Not so, it seems.

There are not many highly paid jobs in Llandudno either but that didn't stop prices breaking 1million for beachfront property. Its just irrational exuberance here, that's all. After all the "value" of property is just opinion whereas the debt is real--especially if a credit crunch ever comes. <_<

Edited by Realistbear

French Riviera? possibly

If not, who cares?

Perhaps someone might actually put their money where their mouth is and cash in that enormous pile of money they're living in, we're sick of hearing how rich they are, perhaps now is the time to prove it

If you owned that shittip in Acton, bought before the recent surge in HPI, and had very little mortgage on it, sell it, buy the place in the French Riviera, then ride a bike around selling wine to pay the 100k mortgage you have left

Therefore, comparisons like this are VERY valid

total ********.

I agree

Anyway, why not 'telecommute'? ANyone who isn't a frikkin hairdresser or builder's laborer does it nowadays apparently.

At one time getting broadband in the rural idylls was tricky, but I have a customer in the middle of nowhere in France that can get faster broadband than I can get in London

There is a myth that you can't live in France and get paid a decent salary and that house prices there are divorced from reality.

I recently moved back to the UK (near Aylesbury) from the French Alps for "family reasons" - I had a 45 minute commute into Geneva and owned a 4 bed chalet with lovely views 5 minutes drive from a major ski area. I sold the chalet for approx GBP 375k (having made a decent profit over the 2 years that I owned it) yet to buy a comparable house round here (mountain views excepted) would cost GBP 600k+

There is something fundamentally wrong with the pricing of UK houses.

Guest d23
QUOTE(Smell the Fear @ Aug 9 2007, 03:07 PM)

total ********.

agreed

PG has already demonstrated that chateaux exist in France that look very easy to look after as they are the size of a small LA flat.

agreed

PG has already demonstrated that chateaux exist in France that look very easy to look after as they are the size of a small LA flat.

I wasn't referring to PG