House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laurejon

Global Warming A Scientific Blunder

The Government have finally realised that the Scientists have been spinning them a yarn, taking billions in research grants and having a nice little jolly on the back of taxpayers.

As a result of Scientists being rumbled, the Government will now ignore their bad advice and begin to build many houses on so called flood plains, as the Government have realised that the flood plains exist only in the minds of those attempting to profit from the Global Warming (Emperors New Clothes) Scam.

The Government have finally realised that the Scientists have been spinning them a yarn, taking billions in research grants and having a nice little jolly on the back of taxpayers.

As a result of Scientists being rumbled, the Government will now ignore their bad advice and begin to build many houses on so called flood plains, as the Government have realised that the flood plains exist only in the minds of those attempting to profit from the Global Warming (Emperors New Clothes) Scam.

More like it is people like you who are too stupid and selfish to change your bad behaviour and lack of foresight, and keep banging on about it, like people who say that prices can only go up, just to keep the illusion going a bit longer.

Bullish on global warming? My kids and grandkids have people like you to thank, sadly well represented in global politics.

Are you 12?

More like it is people like you who are too stupid and selfish to change your bad behaviour and lack of foresight, and keep banging on about it, like people who say that prices can only go up, just to keep the illusion going a bit longer.

Bullish on global warming? My kids and grandkids have people like you to thank, sadly well represented in global politics.

Chill man, it's A JOKE, full of ironic cynicism in "flood plains exist only in the minds of those attempting to profit from the Global Warming"

Laurejon... is was a joke wasn't it?

Guest Skint Academic

laurejon, you're like a broken record. We've done this to death already. Now go away and tidy your bedroom. There's a good boy.

THAT'S JUST IDIOTIC

Get a grip. I've heard better constructed arguments from my goldfish. Give up now!

Edited by Levy process

I'm confused laurejon...usually you say it's the government telling scientists to make up the global warming thing so as to generate an excuse to tax people more...so who are the bad guys scientists or government?......of course it would be ludicrous to think that the scientists were right....all that peer reviewed research dating back over a hundred years...got to be a scam hasn't it...probably that Arrenhius was one of the Illumanati - I bet that's it

Guest anorthosite

Tell me Laurejon-boy, are you talking about man made climate change due to CO2 or natural post-glacial milankovitch cycle climate change?

No one doubts climate change, we've a record of 4.5 billion years of it.

Seriously, just for a second though.

Why not a BLANKET relaxation of planning permission for flood-prone postcodes.

Folks can add an extra storey up top while gutting the ground floor so it's basically now a carport.

VAT free.

And subsidised by government, builders and insurers.

Gotta be better than getting flooded every year?

Houses on stilts! Its a winner I tell thee!

When a conman tries to sell me something I find that , if I buy it, I get conned.

All politicians are conmen and most of them are giving man made global warming the hard sell, therefore.......... :P

When a conman tries to sell me something I find that , if I buy it, I get conned.

All politicians are conmen and most of them are giving man made global warming the hard sell, therefore.......... :P

Most politicians are either scared shitless of Global warming, or don't want to acknowledge it as an issue, prefering to concentrate on a 5 year election timescale, very very few actually face up to it as a problem to be dealt with.

Guest anorthosite

All of this has nothing to do with the science.

I'm sure when the black death did the rounds people sold things to protect you or cure you that were just a con. I can just see it now - "That guy who sold me the love potion last year that didn't work is now selling some necklace to ward off the black death. I guess the black death is just a myth and a con then!"

Edited by anorthosite

I had it all wrong, look Global Warming is Real, a Piece of ice fell off a Glacier and caused a wave.

OSLO (Reuters) - A chunk of an Arctic glacier broke into the sea and triggered a huge wave that injured 18 people on a sightseeing boat, almost all of them British tourists, Norwegian officials said on Thursday.

Four people were seriously hurt in the accident by Hornbreen glacier on the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard and were flown south to a hospital in Tromsoe on the mainland. The others were treated at a local hospital, mostly for minor injuries.

"The glacier calved (split off) and a big wave washed over the boat," Elisabeth Bjoerge Loevold, acting governor of Svalbard, told Reuters. "The boat rocked back and forth and passengers fell on the deck."

"We believe there was no ice from the glacier directly on to the deck but we don't have all the details," she said. Some Norwegian media reports had earlier said the boat was showered with ice from the glacier.

The small cruise vessel, the Alexey Maryshev, was carrying about 50 British tourists and a crew of 20 Russians.

Loevold said 17 of those injured in the accident late on Wednesday were believed to be British and the other a Russian crew member, who was among those seriously hurt.

Boats are meant to stay clear of glaciers around Svalbard, which is about 1,000 km (600 miles) from the North Pole, in case chunks fall off. But there are no fixed rules for how far is safe.

"The captain and the expedition leader will be questioned about it by the police," Loevold said.

Glaciers naturally break apart as they slide downhill but many are shrinking more quickly than usual because of global warming, blamed by almost all scientists on human emissions of greenhouse gases from fossil fuels.

Someone my parents know recently died.

my younger brother said

Was it global warming or terrorism that killed him? :P:P:lol::lol::lol:

To which I jokingly replied “im not sure, but they say it was global warming, but then again those dam Arabs might of done it”

In the past, GOD was blamed for unfortunate evens, now its either global warming, or terrorism

Since most people in the UK have banned their children from watching the Simpsons, the US has created another comedy its called Global Warming and like South Park and the Simpsons has many simpletons falling for it hook line and sinker.

Guest Skint Academic
Since most people in the UK have banned their children from watching the Simpsons, the US has created another comedy its called Global Warming and like South Park and the Simpsons has many simpletons falling for it hook line and sinker.

Tell me laurejon, why do you feel the need to troll?

Quite an amusing thread.

Politicians don't need to "push" any man-made global warming arguement, look how many people are adamantly defending the fact while their assertions need be based on absolutely none.

:rolleyes:

Wasn't it only a few years ago we were in imminent danger of another ice age?

It would be interesting to try to second guess "The Next Big Thing" when the Global Warming, and War on Terror have done its job.

Osterich Eggs are somewhat overcooked, and Diamonds from Nigeria also somewhat transparant.

Maybe after Global Warming, we could have Earthquake Fever, with taxes on land that is not prone to Manmade EarthQuakes due to hobbyist fisherman digging for warms and disturbing the natural Earth.

Are you taking the p*ss?

The hard sell?

Hard sell would be voluntary recession and rationing of carbons.

This lot are losing the battle very quickly, tipping point after tipping point is being missed because they don't want to upset people like you. So our kids are basically f*cked.

Quite an amusing thread.

Politicians don't need to "push" any man-made global warming arguement, look how many people are adamantly defending the fact while their assertions need be based on absolutely none.

Well I am getting bored waiting for something to happen – 3 years of doom an gloom and no signs of imminent death – or god forbid a HPC

Skint Academic, I noticed that you didn't reply to my last message on this forum discussing these kinds of issues.

It's amazing how scientists and other experts can be such egomaniacs.

I know this isn't completely related...but it's relevant...It reminds me of the child psychologist who was '100% sure she saw Madeleine McCann' at a service station in Brussels. Oh, and surprise surprise - she was wrong. But never mind, let's just believe that 'experts' are Gods who have the answer to everything because they have a PHD.

I wonder if that psychologist will ever be able to admit to herself that she got it wrong, or if she will go to the grave convinced that she saw Madeleine that day, being so sure in her abilities.

Quite an amusing thread.

Does anyone else remember that in the late 1800s they thought that atoms obeyed Newtonian mechanics? Yep. They thought that atoms should just collapse and be destroyed. But after that some smart people figured out Quantum mechanics, and now we can predict very well what atoms will do, so much so that an entire modern electronics industry is founded upon it.

It is truely amazing how our predictive powers in any sphere of physical reality start off poor, but advance to the point of near perfection. Nobody would even DREAM of suggesting that our understanding of atoms was poor on the basis of what was misunderstood 100 years ago, that would be downright SILLY, and a completely fatuous line of reasoning. But mention global warming, and somebody ALWAYS trots out the tired old ballocks about ice age predictions from the 70s.

PLEASE, LET'S PUT THE "70s ice age predictions" to bed - they DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN ARGUMENT AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE. END OF.

Skint Academic, I noticed that you didn't reply to my last message on this forum discussing these kinds of issues.

It's amazing how scientists and other experts can be such egomaniacs.

I know this isn't completely related...but it's relevant...It reminds me of the child psychologist who was '100% sure she saw Madeleine McCann' at a service station in Brussels. Oh, and surprise surprise - she was wrong. But never mind, let's just believe that 'experts' are Gods who have the answer to everything because they have a PHD.

I wonder if that psychologist will ever be able to admit to herself that she got it wrong, or if she will go to the grave convinced that she saw Madeleine that day, being so sure in her abilities.

You're totally missing the point. You don't understand the scientific process. Go read up on it. There's no point even debating with you if you don't understand this. It's not about egomania. It's not about the words of one expert. It's not about anectdotals. No, no, no, no, no, NO!

Edited by Levy process