House Price Crash Forum

Hello! This Is My First Post...

HOLA441

Hi All

Been reading this forum for a while now and thought Id better introduce myself and ask for peoples opioions. But as this is a site about a HPC then Im pretty sure what the responses are gonna be!

Me and my boyfriend are 24 and are saving for a deposit for a house. We have £26,000 at the mo and save about £3K per month.

I know I shouldnt moan but this country p1sses me off! It seems the more you save the more they keep going up. Even with the rate rises there still going up! I live in the South East btw.

Obviously I was v young when the last crash happened but even I think they cant go up much more....or can they? Nothing seems to slow it down.

I understand that owning isnt the be all and end all and even suggested that if things havnt changed by next year we could rent. Got a flat NO on that one!

Would what be your comments/suggestions?

Anyway thats my rant over for the day!

PS: Very informative site this is

HOLA442
I understand that owning isnt the be all and end all and even suggested that if things havnt changed by next year we could rent. Got a flat NO on that one!

What is his problem with renting? No doubt you could both be living in a much nicer place renting over the next while than if you buy somewhere.

Also, sorry to be pessimistic, but it's a lot simpler if you ever split up. Have you ever lived with each other before? It can be a major strain on a relationship and if there is the added pressure of paying off a mega mortgage it could have strain things further.

HOLA443

It must really difficult living in Chelsea...

You can pay £2k - £3k pm for a box or £1k pm for vg 3 bed semi in Home Counties. I know what I'd prefer.

The market is shot. Make no mistake.

You've seen all the arguments and the bear case is by far the more realistic.

Look at US, Ireland, Spain, New Zealand. Aus and UK are literally weeks behind.

40% in 5 years.

Inner London possibly more as it rose so much higher in the first place.

HOLA444

Don't mention that you've got a boyfriend if you want a reply!

Anyway - when I was a lad they also said "bricks 'n' mortar best investment" etc but when it slumped/crashed it was like 1/3 off the hoped for price, I remember an agent in Ldn telling me "you can ask £149K but your real value is £105K now in these conditions." It was 5 or so years later I sold for somehing near the £150K and that was only after lots of waiting and hassle. During the slump, I gave up selling, 6 months would pass with not one viewer.

HOLA445
Guest tbatst2000
Me and my boyfriend are 24 and are saving for a deposit for a house.

No, don't do i! Spend some, most even, of the 3K spare a month on having a good time, you're too young to tie a millstone of debt around your necks regardless of which way house prices are going to go. Seriously, enjoy your money whilst you're young and unencumbered, it's the last chance you'll get in all probability.

HOLA446
HOLA447
watch my crappy home made stock trading video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNeCetQeLLU

if you disagree with any of it. You are welcome to post criticism

-here: http://www.greenwithenvyforallthepostersatHPC.com/

get lost Blubb. She doesn't want some wannabe 'Investment guru' nerd shovelling builder stocks down her throat.

Why don't you go and bother the 'hundreds of happy subscribers' on your own site, loser?

BubbThumping - The new sport of Kings

Edited by PropertyGuru

HOLA448
HOLA449
Hi All

Been reading this forum for a while now and thought Id better introduce myself and ask for peoples opioions. But as this is a site about a HPC then Im pretty sure what the responses are gonna be!

Me and my boyfriend are 24 and are saving for a deposit for a house. We have £26,000 at the mo and save about £3K per month.

I know I shouldnt moan but this country p1sses me off! It seems the more you save the more they keep going up. Even with the rate rises there still going up! I live in the South East btw.

Obviously I was v young when the last crash happened but even I think they cant go up much more....or can they? Nothing seems to slow it down.

Would what be your comments/suggestions?

Anyway thats my rant over for the day!

not quite sure what you're so 'p1ssed off' about

you're only 24, have 26K deposit and you're saving 3K a month; rents are cheap right now and it's obvious to most that a correction is due sometime in the next 18 months.

continue saving / renting and no doubt you'll be more than quids in within a few years time. Your position is way better than most, If i was in your situation I wouldn't be bitching about it.

*edit*

p.s. welcome to the site; a few minutes perusing this forum should put your mind at rest re prices continuing upwards ad infinitum.

Edited by d23

HOLA4410

well done saving so much each month :) yes prices could go higher before they crash. It sounds like your in a great position, you will have saved 200k in 5 years, keep going :) Try and spread your money out a little, try a range of investments to reduce risk.

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4411
Look forward to average rises of 10% YoYoYoYoY

You're a funny man!

Don't buy now. See what happens with stock markets and interest rates over the winter and then think about it next summer. The picture should be clearer by then. Personally I bet on YoY falls by January over the Uk as a whole.

Right now we are all wandering aimlessly through a misty haze. Check out the wild vacillations in stock markets if you don't believe me!

HOLA4412
Hi All

The title of the forum/site does not nec. reflect the overall opinion of the posters. The forum debate is far more wide ranging than the narrow view you already have. Yes it is imformative, keep tuned in and be open minded.

HOLA4413
well done saving so much each month :) yes prices could go higher before they crash. It sounds like your in a great position, you will have saved 200k in 5 years, keep going :) Try and spread your money out a little, try a range of investments to reduce risk.

What kind of wussy advice is that?

She should put all her cash in property as its a tried and trusted way of making money.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
You're a funny man!

Right now we are all wandering aimlessly through a misty haze.

Cheers. ;)

Plenty of people (like Property Guru) don't wander aimlessly when it comes to making money from property.

Have a clear vision and go for it.

Dont sit and count your deposit money.

Get a place and live in it.

HOLA4416

She should put all her cash in property as its a tried and trusted way of making money.

historically stocks and shares have out performed house prices in the long term. ANd they are easier to off load - sell high buy low and all that...

...the biggest prblem wiv the houseing market these days is that very fact that you point out - people are usingthem as investments to make money out of people that need homes to live in.

At 24 - you should just rent for a while to see if things work out ok living together ., then if all is still well in 2 years time think about buying.

HOLA4417
hi all,

im bored at work so to entertain myself im posting a 'bait post' to which i will refer to throughout the day to watch with inner delight how you all debate over my morning morsel like carp in a pond.

ps.s AWOOGA....

In which case, then probably one of the repliers to the original posting is the culprit! :lol:

No, not me, I'm on best behaviour as I'm finally getting round to asking for an upgrade.

HOLA4418

Sit down with a calculator. Work out how much you'll have saved at the end of the year for the next ... say 7 years at the rate you're going. Add 5% each year. Then look at what you're likely to save given wage increases and then look at interest rates you can get if you pick sensible investments.

Compare that with 2/3 of a mortgage payment being the interest on it and how far that'll get you. If this crash ever comes you can always jump on the ladder then, if not I think you're doing pretty well as it is.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Yes, hurry up or you'll miss the boat and be priced out for ever!

expatowner, I would have more respect for you if you changed your status to "bull." Either way you are a VI, estate agent knob :P

HOLA4423
historically stocks and shares have out performed house prices in the long term. ANd they are easier to off load - sell high buy low and all that...

...the biggest prblem wiv the houseing market these days is that very fact that you point out - people are usingthem as investments to make money out of people that need homes to live in.

At 24 - you should just rent for a while to see if things work out ok living together ., then if all is still well in 2 years time think about buying.

Stocks and shares have never outperformed the housing market, that is a myth perpetrated by those selling pensions.

The stock market today has not recovered to before the level of the last drop in the dotcom/Sep11th days.

In addtion, the stock market has been fuelled by borrowed money, company takeovers at record prices all funded by the New Labour Banknote Printing Machine.

In the great depression the cause was borrowings to finance stocks, deja vu ?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
not quite sure what you're so 'p1ssed off' about

you're only 24, have 26K deposit and you're saving 3K a month; rents are cheap right now and it's obvious to most that a correction is due sometime in the next 18 months.

continue saving / renting and no doubt you'll be more than quids in within a few years time. Your position is way better than most, If i was in your situation I wouldn't be bitching about it.

*edit*

p.s. welcome to the site; a few minutes perusing this forum should put your mind at rest re prices continuing upwards ad infinitum.

D23 Again I agree with your post. 24 years old, 3k savings per month and moaning.

I am a cynical old sod and suspect it was a troll posting. Maybe move out of Chelsea.