House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

West Belfast - 80% Kids In Poverty

I can recall the level of poverty that existed in "wealthy" SoCal just before Great Crash I hit in '89. People were so indebted with house related costs that they could not afford the basics of life. I remember seeing sheets up at windows, beanbags for furniture, empty restaurants etc. "Wealth" created by HPI is just an illusion, debt is real.

Let's face it, HPINFLATION is an evil and the sooner something is done about it the bettrer for all of us. The Neithers and Bulls should be ashamed of themselves for supporting the "miracle" of delusional wealth.

Edited by Realistbear

I can recall the level of poverty that existed in "wealthy" SoCal just before Great Crash I hit in '89. People were so indebted with house related costs that they could not afford the basics of life. I remember seeing sheets up at windows, beanbags for furniture, empty restaurants etc. "Wealth" created by HPI is just an illusion, debt is real.

Let's face it, HPINFLATION is an evil and the sooner something is done about it the bettrer for all of us. The Neithers and Bulls should be ashamed of themselves for supporting the "miracle" of delusional wealth.

100% correct RB.

I've said it before and many others have said it again, but unless you sell your property and make real the profit, you have made nothing from HPI. :blink:

When redundancy comes calling, an illusional HPI profit won't feed the kids etc etc etc.

I wish people would wake up to this concept.

yes HPI and the last 30 years of hating each other...

in between all the bombing and stone throwing and name calling, perhaps they forgot about the children, life and simply getting on with your life.

after all. the youth of NI were encouraged to hate and to throw stones in these areas, so is it a suprise that everything else they needed fell to the wayside in favour of hate ? children are not born to hate - they were taught.

The bleeding hearts use a relative measure of poverty. They deem someone in poverty if their income is below a certain percentage of the average. So one more Russian billionaire moving to London will drag up the average and push another 100 children into poverty.

It's a nonsense. Are they really poor? Are their tummies empty and their feet unshod?

Mark Twain said, a rich man eats when he wants, a poor man eats when he can.

Guest X-QUORK
after all. the youth of NI were encouraged to hate and to throw stones in these areas, so is it a suprise that everything else they needed fell to the wayside in favour of hate ? children are not born to hate - they were taught.

Very true. When I used to wear green I was on patrol in the New Lodge area when some little kid no older than about seven was kicking a ball around near us. He came over and started asking me about which team I supported and who the best players are etc, within minutes his mother came out and started laying into him bigtime. "Don't talk to those ba$tards Kieran, they're bad men!".

Says it all really.

i could possibly understand the roots of the hate, but to prolong the hate and to breed it through the generations always seemed a selfish thing to have done to your children. all it did was ruin even more lives. i think the holy cross incident summed up the inner workings of each side of the NI mind. most of the last killers were children through the 70s and during that time they were taught and encouraged to hate strangers, and later some acted upon it.

the bnp try to drum up similar hate. all the british talk from some of the most white anti english, benefit cheating, vandalising, pig drunk morons that turn every housing estate into an even worse one. most people i know that talk of bnp are thieving scumbags you would not want to live next to. id rather live in pakistan than on some union jacked decked sink estate.

so selfish are they with the unfounded hate that they are prepared to make every aspect of local life totally crap to support it.

well when i say selfish - i mean dumb.

if you hate people - keep it to yourself.

The bleeding hearts use a relative measure of poverty. They deem someone in poverty if their income is below a certain percentage of the average. So one more Russian billionaire moving to London will drag up the average and push another 100 children into poverty.

The other side of the coin - which I think you've partially explored before - is that (especially if we look at children under 5) more and more reasonably affluent 20 - 35 year old professionals are not breeding now. Hence the average income of breeders is dropping, the slack being taken up by the unemployed and unemployable - all of whom are officially in the 'poverty' grouping.

West Belfast - 80% Kids In Poverty

Why dont they ask Sinn Fein for help - they're the richest political party in western Europe?

Very true. When I used to wear green I was on patrol in the New Lodge area when some little kid no older than about seven was kicking a ball around near us. He came over and started asking me about which team I supported and who the best players are etc, within minutes his mother came out and started laying into him bigtime. "Don't talk to those ba$tards Kieran, they're bad men!".

Says it all really.

a lot of soldiers are bad bast.tards when they are in the army.,

many are automatons trained to obey orders unquestioningly and kill without compunction.

just look at the disgrace that is the US Army in Iraq (they were alos the same in Vietnam and Korea)

the British army isnt as bad as the yanks (is any army ?) but there are plenty of psycopaths who joined up because they *like* the idea of carrying a gun and shooting at people.

a lot of soldiers are bad bast.tards when they are in the army.,

many are automatons trained to obey orders unquestioningly and kill without compunction.

just look at the disgrace that is the US Army in Iraq (they were alos the same in Vietnam and Korea)

the British army isnt as bad as the yanks (is any army ?) but there are plenty of psycopaths who joined up because they *like* the idea of carrying a gun and shooting at people.

True, who in hell would encourage their kids to play with soldiers even in the best of circumstances? Let's face it, the british army terrorised communities in NI, ripping their houses to pieces, killing people, beating people, torture, harrassment.

WTF do you expect a mother to say?

Why dont they ask Sinn Fein for help - they're the richest political party in western Europe?

:blink:

Nu labour and the Tories are going to sort poverty in the inner cities of England out?

Operation Demetrius resulted in a great deal of hate over there, most of it directed at British soldiers. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/to.../justify/3.html

The English are a cruel race. I blame the class divisions which encourage views of others as sub-human and the public school system/general upper class attitude of coldness towards their own children and the worship of money and power above all else.

yes HPI and the last 30 years of hating each other...

in between all the bombing and stone throwing and name calling, perhaps they forgot about the children, life and simply getting on with your life.

You have never been to NI Then!!

i could possibly understand the roots of the hate, but to prolong the hate and to breed it through the generations always seemed a selfish thing to have done to your children. all it did was ruin even more lives. i think the holy cross incident summed up the inner workings of each side of the NI mind. most of the last killers were children through the 70s and during that time they were taught and encouraged to hate strangers, and later some acted upon it.

the bnp try to drum up similar hate. all the british talk from some of the most white anti english, benefit cheating, vandalising, pig drunk morons that turn every housing estate into an even worse one. most people i know that talk of bnp are thieving scumbags you would not want to live next to. id rather live in pakistan than on some union jacked decked sink estate.

so selfish are they with the unfounded hate that they are prepared to make every aspect of local life totally crap to support it.

You should try going to NI, at least they have great community spirit, Good families that live close to each other and a sense of unity!!!

See any of that over here??? Do you F**K

Where are you getting that from? Was it a question? Are you hoping it?

And older people and disabled people are valued members of the community. There is an element of sectariansim but respect for the others views is shown by most people I have met.

time to play devil's advocate/

an ELEMENT of sectarianism ???????

The IRA and UVF etc are some of the most narrow-minded bigots and thugs outside the US army.

I would HATE to live in one of those communities.

Yes Holy Cross was a nasty incident but who in their right mind sites a Catholic School in a Protestant enclave?

It might have worked in a rural area but in Belfast? Where they needed "Peacelines" to keep apart the both Sectarian communities?

This has sod all to do with the BNP though.

Says it all really.

By "wearing the green" I take it you weren't refering to a Celtic shirt? :lol:

Of course the irony is that the "ba$tard bad men" were all that stopped the Catholics being driven out of many areas of Belfast. That was at a time when the dismal showing of the Republican "hard men" led to the letters IRA standing for "I Ran Away". British soldiers were welcomed with cups of tea not crisp packets full of dog $hit.

By "wearing the green" I take it you weren't refering to a Celtic shirt? :lol:

Of course the irony is that the "ba$tard bad men" were all that stopped the Catholics being driven out of many areas of Belfast. That was at a time when the dismal showing of the Republican "hard men" led to the letters IRA standing for "I Ran Away". British soldiers were welcomed with cups of tea not crisp packets full of dog $hit.

I imagine they needed a little time to adjust to having the force of the state turn on them, but they organised themselves quickly and eventually chased the Brits out of Ireland.