House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Goldfinger

Nightingale Of Millennium (bloomberg Interview)

Rather dovish. He thinks inflation has been falling for months and central banks will cut base rates as soon as they can see an exculpatory excuse.

Exactly. Still he thinks housing will cause more trouble in Europe.

This might be perma link http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipS...sRqOByDkHnI.asf

But I'd have to test it on another PC in case that's got a session ID in it ... so try it and see

Cheers.

Edited by Goldfinger

He's on Bloomberg alot, normally on a morning when I'm having my cornflakes, seems a bit thick to me as he continually blames central banks for raising rates, believes the EU should be cutting heavily, and talks about plummeting inflation over the last 6 months (obviously hasn’t looked at the oil price recently or bought any food)

He's on Bloomberg alot, normally on a morning when I'm having my cornflakes, seems a bit thick to me as he continually blames central banks for raising rates, believes the EU should be cutting heavily, and talks about plummeting inflation over the last 6 months (obviously hasn’t looked at the oil price recently or bought any food)

Almost as funny as a Bird and Fortune sketch!

Roger Nightingale is the real "George Parr!"

I read him evety week in a professional journal. I generally laugh at him - he's so anti Blair, Brown, Bush, EU, Trichet - in fact anyone who doesn't allow him to make vast profits.

I wouldn't read too much into what he says.

I wouldn't read too much into what he says.

I just found it remarkable that despite him being dovish he expects worse things here (property). Can't really say that I agree with the rest he said. :rolleyes:

it starts of well but then he says that inflation has been falling, globally, for the past 6 months :blink: err thats not what I'm seeing Roger