House Price Crash Forum
The Ayatollah Buggeri

Junk Mail From A Desparate E A

This intriguing piece of junk mail landed on my doormat today (along with six others - one for each flat in my block).

ea_snivel_letter.pdf

'While we may not see prices falling, price sensitivity will become a key factor to marketing a house' - a contradiction in terms or what?!

This translates to me as, 'The market in York is completely dead and we're getting no business. You know you want to sell your house ... go on!'

ea_snivel_letter.pdf

Yes, I think "Ben Pridden, Head of Residential" has nicely walked the line between calm and alarm. His message is: prices aren't going to fall but you'd better sell before they do!

In fact if you're trading up then you're better off waiting for an hpc. The rungs on the ladder get closer together as prices fall. (Trading down and you should deffo act now!)

It's nice to see a marker in the ground for the HPC from an EA: 6.5% or 5.75% to 6% over a prolonged period (although I suspect he plucked those numbers out of the air to be just plausible in the future but not certain.)

Edited by Nationalist

This intriguing piece of junk mail landed on my doormat today (along with six others - one for each flat in my block).

ea_snivel_letter.pdf

'While we may not see prices falling, price sensitivity will become a key factor to marketing a house' - a contradiction in terms or what?!

This translates to me as, 'The market in York is completely dead and we're getting no business. You know you want to sell your house ... go on!'

Savills is a big international company not just a small EA they must see a bigger picture of what is happening in the country as far as house sales and prices are going.

Savills is a big international company not just a small EA they must see a bigger picture of what is happening in the country as far as house sales and prices are going.

As a 'big international company' they should have controls in force to ensure that idiots on their staff don't send out such ungrammatical and meaningless cr@p to the general public. (And, to those of you who have spotted the ungrammatical part of the sentence - 'I ain't effin' bovvered!'.)

Is every 16 year old EA named Ben? All the 40 year olds are called Nigel. Strange, that.

p

ea_snivel_letter.pdf

...this reads to me as "I am not making my monthly quota and will create a market quickly with lower expectations from the vendors and then maybe my commissions will return to normal before I am sacked" ....... :P:P:P