House Price Crash Forum

Houspricecrash.co.uk

HOLA441
HOLA442
http://www.houspricecrash.co.uk/

Bizarre name for a site for property investment!

:blink:

There's nothing I detest more than these companies who buy up mis-spelled domains and then fill them with ads. What a pointless existence. So what if I misspelled a domain?? I make spelling errors all the time. Should I be punished by these worthless cretins trying to hijack my browser with activex b**llocks? They should be banned and the misspelled domains re-directed to the valid domains. For fvks sake, DO YOU KNOOBS ACTUALLT THINK I'M GOING TO MISTAKE YOUR AD SITE FOR THE REAL THING???!!?! And start clicking around like an imbecile???

Rant over

HOLA443

Some years ago, at my previous place of employment, they had done a website for a client called Teen Cosmetics. Stupidly, they had chosen something like "teen-teen.co.uk" for their URL, despite our warning against it.

You can imagine the embarrassment caused when people couldn't remember the exact hyphenation/suffix/whatever.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
if hpc has a trademark on it, they can get these jokers closed down for passing off.

I don't think its trying to pass itself off as HPC but "typo squatting" is becoming increasingly dodgy. The owners of the HPC site and domain could try a DRS via Nominet to acquire the domain.

Nominet DRS

However I doubt its worth it, as the "mistyped" traffic is unlikely to be great.

Edited by rover2000

HOLA447
HOLA448
I don't think its trying to pass itself off as HPC but "typo squatting" is becoming increasingly dodgy. The owners of the HPC site and domain could try a DRS via Nominet to acquire the domain.

Nominet DRS

However I doubt its worth it, as the "mistyped" traffic is unlikely to be great.

IF hpc had a trademrk, 1 lawyers letter would probably cause em to fold. After all, running a confusingly similar named site that is nothing but house price stuff would be an infringement. if the spam site was about wellies or something, and the trademark didnt encompass that, they might get away with it.

As the person running the site probably only makes a few dozen dollars a year off it, he wouldnt figt it if lawyers surfaced.