House Price Crash Forum
Smell the w

Schiff On Top Form

he sounds convincing and cool-headed, but we're only appreciative because he's saying what we want to hear, and saying it well.

homes and properties, adverts placed suggest "buy a flat and you ll pay 2% interest rate for 2 years, we'll also pay your stamp duty etc.."

seems like its get rid of our property stock asap.

he sounds convincing and cool-headed, but we're only appreciative because he's saying what we want to hear, and saying it well.

most of what he said we have said it months ago, seems like he's reading these forums ;)

plus the same thing is happening here.

I don't think he was saying exactly what we want to hear. I do believe that he said that he invested in commercial property funds in Europe and Australia.

I liked how he said that the only companies worth investing in (in the US) are exporters. His view about buying income producing assetts overseas is a sound one as well (IMHO - which BTW isn't worth much)

I enjoy watching Schiff very much. Sometimes I think he is too bullish on Asia and especially Europe. But I guess he is aware that there is trouble brewing in Spain/Italy/Ireland, and now even in Germany.

Excellent stuff. Does anyone think that situation in the UK is better of worse than the US? One thing I'm struggling to get my head round is that if the UK is in the same kind of mess, why isn't the pound falling as the dollar is?

Excellent stuff. Does anyone think that situation in the UK is better of worse than the US? One thing I'm struggling to get my head round is that if the UK is in the same kind of mess, why isn't the pound falling as the dollar is?

Because foreigners want pounds to buy our massively inflated property and companies? And that we are not devaluing at the same rate as the US?

Because foreigners want pounds to buy our massively inflated property and companies? And that we are not devaluing at the same rate as the US?

.....we are not devaluing at the same rate only because market sentiment was that our interest rates were on the up.....that may change with the BofE recent decision...... :o:o

Found the answer to my own question somewhere else on this site. Seems to make sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...7/20/do2001.xml

Found the answer to my own question somewhere else on this site. Seems to make sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...7/20/do2001.xml

...in the recent past and present the sentiment of increasing IRs have kept sterling flying...that may change now after yesterday's BofE decision.....your linked article explains the medium term real threats to sterling and the UK housing market.... :o:o:o