House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bearORbullENIGMA

Endeavour Housing Association Has Banned My Youtube Videos !

I don't get it . . . .

A few of my videos have been banned off youtube, including 'man pukes after egg curry from mucky mary's in hartlepool', which was all my own work....

stills, animation, music, storyline the lot....

at least they haven't banned Duke Street !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or Hartlepool House Prices !

So, welcome back...

Now, about that background music on the latter half of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjKOOQqIt8... :)

EDIT: Do you get any more info that just copyright infringement? Do they say specifically what? Surely, a third party can't simply 'claim' copyright infringement and have your videos removed?

Edited by Ologhai Jones

Surely, a third party can't simply 'claim' copyright infringement and have your videos removed?

Censorship by websites often bears very little relationship to what is legal or enforcable, there are a few precidents (from memory, I'd have to check in order to give concrete examples).

But I suppose at the end of the day, it is their site and they can host what they do like and remove what they don't. Which doesn't mean that I like that, btw.

Censorship by websites often bears very little relationship to what is legal or enforcable, there are a few precidents (from memory, I'd have to check in order to give concrete examples).

But I suppose at the end of the day, it is their site and they can host what they do like and remove what they don't. Which doesn't mean that I like that, btw.

Yeh, but it's "Endeavour Housing Association" that has accused me of 'copyright infringement' & youtube

has took my video off for this reason....but I can't see what their arguement is going to be.....

"He made a cartoon that was situated in a street we are going to redevelop" ??????

Yeh, but it's "Endeavour Housing Association" that has accused me of 'copyright infringement' & youtube

has took my video off for this reason....but I can't see what their arguement is going to be.....

"He made a cartoon that was situated in a street we are going to redevelop" ??????

dont worry about it too much...they were shite anyway.

I've heard of it happening before, not just on youtube. It stinks, really.

Theres not much you can do except argue the point with youtube, but you could find that they don't really care and that it's just easier and cheaper for them to remove any posting where infringement is claimed and not bother to investigate the facts of the case. I've had the same with paypal when people have ripped me and others off on dubious claims ("my credit card number was stolen" ) whilst all the time I've had the fraudster emailing me gloating about how they've ripped me off.

You could always play a game of chase, register a different account(s) and post under that.

Or post elsewhere, google for instance. I think I heard that pirate bay were doing video hosting recently (may be wrong about that though). They certainly don't remove material under almost any request! However you might find it hosted alongside some rather dubious content as a result ...

I don't get it . . . .

A few of my videos have been banned off youtube, including 'man pukes after egg curry from mucky mary's in hartlepool', which was all my own work....

stills, animation, music, storyline the lot....

at least they haven't banned Duke Street !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or Hartlepool House Prices !

"Mucky Mary's", that sounds like a name you give to a lady of the night. <_<

I'm sending youtube a counterclaim to hopefully get the videos put back on.

Here it is:

DMCA Complaints

YouTube, Inc.

1000 Cherry Ave.

Second Floor

San Bruno, CA 94066

Fax: 650.872.8513

Email: copyright@youtube.com

August 3, 2007

RE: Mistaken Removal

Dear youtube;

Please note the following material (Video title with URLs) removed by you pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512:

Lawrence Vs Mallon 2 - Macromedia Flash 8 Animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQywTUHgum4

Lawrence of Hartlepool Vs Ray Mallon of Middlesbrough Pt. 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQv6sswpeGA

Lawrence of Hartlepool Vs Ray Mallon of Middlesbrough -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaOGtZG4Qgc

Lawrence for Mayor ( of Hartlepool ) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO-9Na6-zuM

Man Pukes after Egg Curry from Mucky Mary's in Hartlepool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAeMQ_5Tkfw

I have a good faith belief that this material was removed or disabled

in error as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material. I declare that this is

true and accurate under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of

America.

For the purposes of this matter, I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District

Court for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found. I also consent to service of process by the person providing notification under Section 512©(1)© or that person’s agent. However, by this letter, I do not waive any other rights, including the ability to pursue an action for the removal or disabling of access to this material, if wrongful.

Having complied with the requirements of Section 512(g)(3), I remind you that

you must now replace the blocked or removed material and cease disabling access to it

within fourteen business days of your receipt of this notice. Please notify me when this

has been done.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions about

this notice, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

My Name & Address.

did you have any of there logos in your vids?

Not unless they have started using the Swastika as their logo.

I have asked youtube what their complaint was & they have replied that it is just a general complaint

of copyright infringement with no specific detail. That apparently is enough for them to take the videos

down.

Me filing a Mistaken Removal complaint apparently is enough to get them put back on there.

I have asked youtube what their complaint was & they have replied that it is just a general complaint

of copyright infringement with no specific detail. That apparently is enough for them to take the videos

down.

Me filing a Mistaken Removal complaint apparently is enough to get them put back on there.

"He who lives by the rule-book..." ;)

So, welcome back...

Now, about that background music on the latter half of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjKOOQqIt8... :)

EDIT: Do you get any more info that just copyright infringement? Do they say specifically what? Surely, a third party can't simply 'claim' copyright infringement and have your videos removed?

Yeh, I'll have to ask the bass player if i can have a copy of the full song....he's a bit funny about giving stuff out (paranoid about people knicking them)...he hasn't even given me a full copy of it & I wrote the song!!! (Well we wrote it together)