House Price Crash Forum

Most Brits Say Hips Are A Good Idea

HOLA441

The only part of the HIP's required by Brussels is the energy rating and/or certificate. The rest is just a watered down version of what was initially a promising idea. I have no problems with improving the current racket as it offers absolutely no protection for the customer as things stand. Caveat emptor is very much the whole philosophy of the property market. I suspect that as things stand it is just another box ticking expense that will prove of limited use. I would certainly not trust any HIP provided by the seller and would just get the whole lot done again by someone I trust.

As an aside, the energy certificate is interesting as I believe it is Brussels subtle attempt [and one of many] to make the general populace aware that we are heading for an energy crisis. Obviously no-one can come out and say so directly as that would sabotage the economy, but the reality is a shortage of energy.

Since energy drives the economy and all important growth the introduction of HIP's could be interpreted as a sign that the economy is heading for recession.

Edited by SMAC67