House Price Crash Forum
Ash4781

Uk Manufacturing At Three-year High

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2179146.ece

Manufacturing activity accelerated to its fastest pace in three years in July, while factory gate inflation hit its highest level in at least 15 years, according to figures released this morning, raising the prospect of a further rise in the cost of borrowing. Output prices rose at the fastest rate since the index was created in 1992, jumping to 57.5 in July from 56.8 a month earlier. Input price inflation rose at its fastest rate since August 2006, at 66.9 in July from 65.7 in June.

Ouch!

I wonder how Merv' reacted to this data release!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...0#StartComments

I may be missing the obvious but why do strong manufacturing figures increase the cost of my mortgage! Surely it is better if factories are producing more goods rather than less goods which would mean redundancies. Where does the happy medium fall. I sometimes wonder if any of these "experts" actually know!

i think i have no words