House Price Crash Forum
crash 2005

Black Wednesday?

``No one knows where the ultimate subprime risk resides so investors across the globe are ducking for cover,'' said Simon Carter, head of North American equities at Aegon Asset Management in Edinburgh, where he helps oversee $3 billion.

:ph34r:

Edited by Goldfinger

:ph34r:

Meanwhile gold not doing much... which is good I suppose :)

Hey GF, I meant to ask yesterday, which Panda did you get? Just got a 2006 one... very cute :)

Guys come on... so far in the last two weeks we have had a suposed black Thursday, Black Friday and Black Monday jumping on things like this does not help our cause and only gets D23 to rear his ugly head and mock us.

Guys come on... so far in the last two weeks we have had a suposed black Thursday, Black Friday and Black Monday jumping on things like this does not help our cause and only gets D23 to rear his ugly head and mock us.

You're right! What we really need is a Black Tuesday to complete the set.

Meanwhile gold not doing much... which is good I suppose :)

Hey GF, I meant to ask yesterday, which Panda did you get? Just got a 2006 one... very cute :)

2005, mother & cub, very cute as well. I haven't opened the seal but there seems to be a spot of rust or so on it (there seems to be a grain of another metal inside). I guess at some stage I have to clean it. Surely this is why they could not sell it as proof.

There is nothing that the market hates more than uncertainty. As no one really knows who is holding the riskiest investments everyone is worried. When it all comes out in the wash the markets will bounce back hard I am sure.

I find this argument bizarre. We're not here to cause a crash, but to observe and protect ourselves from the inevitable result of Brown & the Bankers' actions. Who cares what people think? It's not going to make any difference.

D23 strikes me as an honest poster too. Far better than the newbie trolls popping up recently.

Guest grumpy-old-man
I find this argument bizarre. We're not here to cause a crash, but to observe and protect ourselves from the inevitable result of Brown & the Bankers' actions. Who cares what people think? It's not going to make any difference.

D23 strikes me as an honest poster too. Far better than the newbie trolls popping up recently.

yes, I'll second that.

He also states that a crash will come but he thinks in 2008/9, but at least he knows it is coming.

By our cause i mean the bear cause of exercising caution. By hysterically jumping on every piece of bad news on the stock market we as bears come across as desperate to be proven right and look to be clutching at straws.

As a bear I am used to being mocked for exercising caution by arrogant idiots in mountains of debt that think I am crazy [sic] for not massively over gearing myself too. [The all the cool kids are doing it mentality]

I don't want a crash, as i know it will mean unemployment for many and a lower living standard for all. i use this site purely for information only and to learn and to look for signs of the turn that will inevitably happen.

I try and am as realistic as possible and there is no way any sane person at the moment can say things are going to continue as they have for the last 10 years.

Think an apology may be in order then, did not realise D23 had changed his tune. Last time i was on here [which admittedly was some time ago all i was seeing from him was posts of how great things were.

Things are not great and i can personally testify that yes we do have a sub prime problem and in about 6-12 months we shall all see the effects of it.

Unfortunately I cannot speak as openly on the subject as i would like to.

Guest Bart of Darkness

The number of black XXXday threads is gettinga bit silly I agree. It's ironic though that this point is being made by theblacksheeple'. Maybe I should change my name to Black Bart (the original title for Blazing Saddles BTW).

Guest d23

Thanks Largely Ignorant / GOM; To be honest I have been guilty of making the occasional sarky (and possibly quite annoying!) comment on the many Black Tuesday / Wednesday etc etc threads because I do think micro analysis of SM volatility is a bit presumptive, but I'd probably better stop that now as one day it will all kick off and crash and I'll look like a bit of a tw*t!

I actually had a feeling it might be this morning as I was taking a cheap shot re the London markets panicking about black Tuesday and it opened over 2% down! A lot of volatility on display at the moment, up and down within a 200 point range in 3 hours; think I might be better off leaving the commentary (and sarcasm) to the experts...............

Blazing Saddles

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Thanks Largely Ignorant / GOM; To be honest I have been guilty of making the occasional sarky (and possibly quite annoying!) comment on the many Black Tuesday / Wednesday etc etc threads because I do think micro analysis of SM volatility is a bit presumptive, but I'd probably better stop that now as one day it will all kick off and crash and I'll look like a bit of a tw*t!

I actually had a feeling it might be this morning as I was taking a cheap shot re the London markets panicking about black Tuesday and it opened over 2% down! A lot of volatility on display at the moment, up and down within a 200 point range in 3 hours; think I might be better off leaving the commentary (and sarcasm) to the experts...............

I would also echo the sentiments that d23 is welcome to post what he wants.

The markets are down. No, there won't be a crash. It will be exactly as I said on my black day thread. The stock market will witness a long and slow decline over the year. It's overvalued sure, not irrationally exuberant to cause a crash.

There is nothing that the market hates more than uncertainty. As no one really knows who is holding the riskiest investments everyone is worried. When it all comes out in the wash the markets will bounce back hard I am sure.

Absolutely! For instance, for the Dow Jones, it took only about 20 years after 1932 to get back to the level of 1929. So, yes, there will be a strong bounce back.

The number of black XXXday threads is gettinga bit silly I agree. It's ironic though that this point is being made by theblacksheeple'. Maybe I should change my name to Black Bart (the original title for Blazing Saddles BTW).

Maybe i should explain the whole screen name thing. The Black Sheeple as in a play on word on the black sheep. The one that stands out from the herd and does his own thing and has his own mind and own opinions even if people agree with them or not.

Thought it was a clever little screen name at the time.