House Price Crash Forum
Far Out Bear

Wow! Look At The Ftse

Seems like the US is bringing everyone down. FTSE was up yesterday, but Dow was down last night, looks like the lack of confidence in the DOW has spead back to the FTSE and the rest.

BTW, I have no idea what Im talking about!

Seems like the US is bringing everyone down. FTSE was up yesterday, but Dow was down last night, looks like the lack of confidence in the DOW has spead back to the FTSE and the rest.

BTW, I have no idea what Im talking about!

Welcome to the club.

It was down over 2% at the open - that is what surprised me.

What i never got was how can it start down 2% on yesterday?, surely it should start where it left off !, and move down from where finished the day before.

Never understood that.

Does the rest of the world play with our footsie's while we are asleep and bugger them up for us to fix in the morning ?

What i never got was how can it start down 2% on yesterday?, surely it should start where it left off !, and move down from where finished the day before.

Never understood that.

Does the rest of the world play with our footsie's while we are asleep and bugger them up for us to fix in the morning ?

Yes, basically. Orders go in overnight, the market makers can see these orders build up, and this sets the early movement.

Yesterday was THE dead cat bounce!

Edit: glad to see the builders back down. Was making me nervous ;)

Edited by OzzMosiz