House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Confounded

Gordon Brown Preparing For An October Election

The spun version is that Brown wants the 'stamp of democracy'.

I think we can assume that is pure bullsh!t

My version of events is he believes [for whatever reason] that Labour have a much better chance of winning now and securing five years of office than they have of winning in a couple of years time.

Very ominous indeed.

My version of events is he believes [for whatever reason] that Labour have a much better chance of winning now and securing five years of office than they have of winning in a couple of years time.

Very ominous indeed.

Indeed. Cameron is offering no viable alternative to Labour right now so Gordo wants to capitalise. Sooner or later the Tories will wake up and realise that the people want a change, not a second-rate cover of the same tired song that Labour have been singing. Once that happens it's curtains for burgler Brown.

I thought that David Cameron insisted on Gordon Brown calling an immediate General Election. Why can't I see anything on that subject on the Tories' website, I wonder?

p

Look at how the Tories are deliberately seeming to fall apart. Only Cameron and Boris in the news - Boris trying to secure a term in high profile public office that will release him just in time for the next election.

They dont want this mess, whoever presides over this next collapse will be out of office for the next decade or 2. Brown wants out, he can see it coming. 4 years out then back in for 20. What we are seeing is Cameron in place to grab some headlines, make him look like an idiot, throw this election then Boris for PM once the dust cloud has grown sufficiently for everyone to see it was Brown Labour that caused it.

Mind you, they have been thinking that way for the last couple of elections. Shows how forward thinking they are. Seriously - how many tory mps are at the front of your mind (in the press seriously over the last 2 weeks (we are still better than fish but 2 weeks is about this nations memory span now!)). Cameron and Boris.

Boris for PM.

;)

The was no mircale,

There was only an excess of lending, with blindness to risk

That was a bit blunt! I bet you are the sort of person to tells Children Father Christmas does not exist. :lol:

Staggering the number of people suckered in by it, it will be a big shock when they finally realise, unfortunately I suspect Gordon wont be found out in time.

Edited by Confounded

Very ominous indeed.

Yep, If Gordenron (a man who has craved Prime Ministerial power all his life) is prepared to risk his grasp on his precious, we can be certain that his crash is around the corner.

You overestimate the Tories' adroitness.

p

and the governments'. I have no doubt that Brown believes he has done a magnificent job, and that he and his government can continue to do so. Talk of both sides trying to throw the election is ill-founded in my view. They'll be as "surprised" by the unfolding calamity as everyone else (apart from a few fringe loonies on here ;) )

Even Gordon Brown is loosing confidence in the Miracle Economy

Preparing for an October Election

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle2176379.ece

"Martin Salter, a vice-chairman of the Labour Party, said: “I can confirm that the party has been put on alert for an early election that could take place as soon as this autumn.""

If this is true, it is the biggest news of the week.

When a one legged man gets his leg kicked away he lands on his **** - when the UK economy no longer has a limitless supply of cheap credit it will end up in the same place.

G Brown senses things are going to get worse for the economy (he is probably in denial that he is largely responsible). The sensible choice for him and Nulabor would be an autumn election.

The only glimmer of satisfaction I can hope for is that he stays around long enough to be excorated for his part in our national decline. I hope future generations realise what a malign influence he has had on our national well being. :angry:

I think Brown would be stupid not to call an October election.

He is going to less and less popular the more time goes on.

Nothing to do with the economy imo.

Pure politics. They can see that Cameron is in trouble and that there may be a chance to kick him when he is down and secure another 5 years before he has chance to regroup over the autumn and winter. Another few weeks of bad press for Cameron and they will definitely go ahead.

Being able to choose the election date is a massive advantage for the Government and they'd be silly not to take advantage of it if the opportunity arises.

Nothing to do with the economy imo.

Pure politics. They can see that Cameron is in trouble and that there may be a chance to kick him when he is down and secure another 5 years before he has chance to regroup over the autumn and winter. Another few weeks of bad press for Cameron and they will definitely go ahead.

Being able to choose the election date is a massive advantage for the Government and they'd be silly not to take advantage of it if the opportunity arises.

I disagree. It's because the economy is going down the tubes.

I just hope that DC gets his ass into gear and gets that message out.

"Martin Salter, a vice-chairman of the Labour Party, said: “I can confirm that the party has been put on alert for an early election that could take place as soon as this autumn.""

If this is true, it is the biggest news of the week.

And, if it's not true, it will have the advantage of putting pressure on the Tories to rush out the policies that they've been doing their best to hide all this time. (In fact, I don't think that they're actually hiding them - they just don't have a clue which way to go with most policies.) Otherwise, they risk getting to within 2-3 weeks of the General Election in Oct without any substantial policies announced. It's a lose-lose situation for the Tories at the moment.

p

OK, so people have suggested reasons so far that:

1) If he leaves it longer the economy will be sh1t and he'll be booted

2) He's got a quick chance to get the boot in on the enemy

But, maybe there's another reason. Maybe after all this waiting in the wings GB's turned emo. He sits in his darkened room at night making little cuts in his forearms and crying himself to sleep..... after being bullied for so long and blocked from the big comfy chair at the head of the table, maybe he just needs a little love. And he needs people to show him the love.

And he wants to have a party where it's all "me me me", with people clapping him - and a big cake.

:)

If anybody's on the inside, check his PC - has be been buying emo/goth CDs online in the last 6 months?

Or copies of Gary Glitter's "Do you wanna be in my gang?"

Just an idea.

I disagree. It's because the economy is going down the tubes.

I just hope that DC gets his ass into gear and gets that message out.

The economy is only going down the tubes in the alternative universe that is HPC Land.

In the real world the UK and World economy is going through a period of strong but volatile growth. This is why there is plenty of negative news to pick up on for those inclined (RB are you listening) to pick up on bad news and ignore the more common positive stories.

OK, so people have suggested reasons so far that:

1) If he leaves it longer the economy will be sh1t and he'll be booted

2) He's got a quick chance to get the boot in on the enemy

But, maybe there's another reason. Maybe after all this waiting in the wings GB's turned emo. He sits in his darkened room at night making little cuts in his forearms and crying himself to sleep..... after being bullied for so long and blocked from the big comfy chair at the head of the table, maybe he just needs a little love. And he needs people to show him the love.

And he wants to have a party where it's all "me me me", with people clapping him - and a big cake.

:)

If anybody's on the inside, check his PC - has be been buying emo/goth CDs online in the last 6 months?

Or copies of Gary Glitter's "Do you wanna be in my gang?"

Just an idea.

:lol:

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for don't you. Most of the pleasure is derived from the chase. Maybe he realises what a loser he's on to. Worried he'll look like a failed chancellor and a failed PM.

:lol:

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for don't you. Most of the pleasure is derived from the chase. Maybe he realises what a loser he's on to. Worried he'll look like a failed chancellor and a failed PM.

Brown should goon it all up somehow, and LOSE the next election.

Then blame the mis-management of the economy on the tories, as repos and bankruptcies soar over the next few years, then back in power for another decade.

Trouble is, what could he do so bad to actually let the tories in with a chance?

Answers on a postcard please...

Brown should goon it all up somehow, and LOSE the next election.

Then blame the mis-management of the economy on the tories, as repos and bankruptcies soar over the next few years, then back in power for another decade.

Trouble is, what could he do so bad to actually let the tories in with a chance?

Answers on a postcard please...

If Brown loses the next election surely he will not be given another chance, can you see the Labour party keeping him as leader?

If Brown loses the next election surely he will not be given another chance, can you see the Labour party keeping him as leader?

Hmmm, you make a good point, Now if there was a Labour MP who had the potential to become leader next time around thinking like this...

And, if it's not true, it will have the advantage of putting pressure on the Tories to rush out the policies that they've been doing their best to hide all this time. (In fact, I don't think that they're actually hiding them - they just don't have a clue which way to go with most policies.) Otherwise, they risk getting to within 2-3 weeks of the General Election in Oct without any substantial policies announced. It's a lose-lose situation for the Tories at the moment.

p

I agree, it's a good move by the Labour party, rumours of an early election will send the Tories into a spin. Do they announce policies? Do they chuck Cameron?

I think there will never be a better chance for Brown to win an election with a decent majority than this year. It's a bit sad that we still don't have a viable opposition in the UK, and that over 50% of the population probably won't feel any of the major parties represent their interests and not vote, but that's the way it is these days I suppose.

Look at how the Tories are deliberately seeming to fall apart. Only Cameron and Boris in the news - Boris trying to secure a term in high profile public office that will release him just in time for the next election.

They dont want this mess, whoever presides over this next collapse will be out of office for the next decade or 2. Brown wants out, he can see it coming. 4 years out then back in for 20. What we are seeing is Cameron in place to grab some headlines, make him look like an idiot, throw this election then Boris for PM once the dust cloud has grown sufficiently for everyone to see it was Brown Labour that caused it.

Tee hee! I was making this same point yesterday ( http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=713825 ), however never write off something as deliberate as what can as easily be described as idiocy. Or however that saying goes...

Edited by meow